Samsung U28D590 UHD Review

Quartz: then you are in luck at right distance and right angle and/or less demanding. People are of different height/using different furniture/seating position/distance to screen. Reviewers noted noticeable issues and posted videos showing issues.

Got any links?

Certainly ability to adjust screen position/angle would help somewhat alleviate panel cons, so it seems to me very weird decision from samsung engineering (or design?) dept, doubtfully saving enough on price to justify such feature removal. At very least having vesa mount should be designed in, if stock stand of fixed type, i doubt it should cost more then extra 5$.

Then go buy the AOC. But a VESA mount won't affect colour shift, merely enable you to position the monitor perfectly for you.

I didn't notice any blurriness.

That should be over and above 1080p. I did notice a loss of definition going from my 24" 1200p monitor, because each block of four 28" 2160p pixels is larger than one 24" 1200p pixel.

Right. Yes, I've seen it. It's simply not relevant for normal desktop use. Notice how far they have to tilt the monitor in the video to produce the distortion. To get my head that low means putting my eyes below the level of the desk.

How far when it becomes uter mess, or how not so far when first clearly noticeable color shift happens. OK, seems that we both will stay at our own views, so no sense in arguing further :)

Quartz: then you are in luck at right distance and right angle and/or less demanding. People are of different height/using different furniture/seating position/distance to screen. Reviewers noted noticeable issues and posted videos showing issues. Certainly ability to adjust screen position/angle would help somewhat alleviate panel cons, so it seems to me very weird decision from samsung engineering (or design?) dept, doubtfully saving enough on price to justify such feature removal. At very least having vesa mount should be designed in, if stock stand of fixed type, i doubt it should cost more then extra 5$.

my pt. exactly. This is going to be a first, i.e., the 1st monitor I have ever seen that the neck is not adjustable.

how many of you have eat a pizza w/o salt?

Anyhoo, I assume for those who own this LCD, you also own a hacksaw?

talk about the Charlie Wilson's War: "...we fucked up the end game"

I'm sorry you feel unable to accept the report of someone who has the thing in front of him right now.

I believe Samsung has more then one model of non 4K monitor that uses the exact same case design and stand as the U28D590D. Clearly they reused the design and I don't see it as a big deal. As long as people understand what they are buying or not buying as the case may be.

I have a number of different monitors and most have VESA compliance but most don't have well designed stands.

When it comes down to it the stand / VESA mount issue is one that doesn't really bother me. I feel that I can achieve the height and angles that I want. However, I also feel as though I have enough ingenuity to find a way to mount the U28D590D on a VESA stand if I really wanted to.

One thing to keep in mind though is that in some cases people attempting such an endeavor may want to disassemble (partly) the monitor to remove the metal mount at the base.

Personally I'm OK with the monitor as it is though,..

hi, hi have problemes with a 280x and 4k mode 60hz... useing a mini display adaptor to displayport... it's the problem...¿? any suggestions?

yes the monitor supports overclocking 2560x1440 @ 85 hz I don't get any of the blur effects running it at any resolution on windows 8.1 and what fixed the monitor flickering issues for me was just to go into device manager show hidden devices and uninstalled previous display drivers using a full sized displayport cable make sure to set the monitor to 1.2 mode in the osd.

Last edited:
Back