Samsung Syncmaster 275T RELEASED

I cant wait to see some user input . The 275T is not number one on my list but will be a good cost saving alt. to the 2690 if it proves to be worthy.

about time...

Now I can't wait to see its price point on NCIX and if it will drive the price of the 2707WFP down.

I cant wait to see some user input . The 275T is not number one on my list but will be a good cost saving alt. to the 2690 if it proves to be worthy.

With a non-S-IPS panel, the 275T is not competition for the NEC 2690, which is pretty much in a class of its own at its size and panel quality, not to mention in a different price range altogether. Rather, the 275T should be good competition for the Dell 2707. I wish somebody would come out with competition for the 2690 though. By all accounts it's a great monitor, but much too rich for my blood.

You can switch the Size.
MENU → , → → , → → , →
AV / S-Video : Wide / 16:9 / Zoom1 / Zoom2 / 4:3
Digital / Component : Wide / 16:9 / 4:3

Do I smell aspect ratio? :eek::D

if so.... a simple hdmi switcher, 2 HDMI->DVI cables will do the trick for my setup, PS3 and Computer over DVI.

i want reviews.... now!

i want reviews.... now!
Although it's sort of pedestrian, here's a review from TweakNews:

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/samsung_syncmaster_275t_lcd_monitor/

Nothing new, really, and some of his "gaming" comments were a bit confusing, but a very positive report nonetheless.

Just like MrPatate, I'm also waiting for news about potential PS3 compatibility with the 275T; the Dell 2707WFP has a strange glitch that I discovered firsthand, in that the PS3 produces overly-high black levels that are impossible for the display to adjust for due to some kind of "colour space" issue - I'm not 100% sure of the details.

Hopefully this Samsung model doesn't suffer from the same thing. If not, this is an instant buy.

I'd love to hear some facts about its component input, which the above reviewer failed to go into detail about...

Although it's sort of pedestrian, here's a review from TweakNews:

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/samsung_syncmaster_275t_lcd_monitor/

Nothing new, really, and some of his "gaming" comments were a bit confusing, but a very positive report nonetheless.

Just like MrPatate, I'm also waiting for news about potential PS3 compatibility with the 275T; the Dell 2707WFP has a strange glitch that I discovered firsthand, in that the PS3 produces overly-high black levels that are impossible for the display to adjust for due to some kind of "colour space" issue - I'm not 100% sure of the details.

Hopefully this Samsung model doesn't suffer from the same thing. If not, this is an instant buy.

I'd love to hear some facts about its component input, which the above reviewer failed to go into detail about...

thanks, from what i can see, the down side for gamers he's talking about is that the resolution is so big that you'll always need a powerful card to play games at native rez... Does this monitor have the same panel then the 2707 you're talking about?

thanks, from what i can see, the down side for gamers he's talking about is that the resolution is so big that you'll always need a powerful card to play games at native rez... Does this monitor have the same panel then the 2707 you're talking about?

Yes the Dell 2707 uses a Samsung manufactured panel, the same exact one the 275T uses... Thats why many have been waiting for this panel to hit store shelves, with a MSRP difference of around $150 - $200 less than the Dell display.

what an absurd 0.3 dot pitch, even their 30" dot pitch is lower (0.25)
The 30" at 2560x1600 has one of the smallest dot pitches around, so I wouldn't say "even" the 30" has a lower dot pitch.

I don't understand the obsession with dot pitch. How do people decide how close/far to place their monitors? Don't you figure out what distance is comfortable for you to read text and put it there? If so, it doesn't matter what the dot pitch is--the pixels will look the exact same size no matter what the dot pitch because you'd have a bigger dot-pitch monitor farther away and a smaller dot-pitch monitor closer.

I just experimented by moving my face to within a foot of my 20", and I don't see the screendoor effect. You guys complaining about dot pitch must either be right on top of your monitors or just parroting back the generalism that smaller dot pitch is better.

wait a min., the dot pitch is the gap btwn. the dots, for .3 mm, that as high as it can get, as such, don't expect a sharp pic. regardless how close or far you are viewing the pic. 0.25 is low, although in the old days w/ CRT, I have seen 0.2 to 0.21

Yes it's wider, but at 2 feet(IMO the normal distance between eyes and screen) i doubt you'll notice a big difference, yes it's there, but to say the image is gonna be blocky or not sharp is a bit exaggerated i believe...

I'll check stores when it's available(local) to check if I see the difference...

p.s. I'm easily annoyed by low/mid quality monitors

wait a min., the dot pitch is the gap btwn. the dots, for .3 mm, that as high as it can get, as such, don't expect a sharp pic. regardless how close or far you are viewing the pic. 0.25 is low, although in the old days w/ CRT, I have seen 0.2 to 0.21

Dot pitch is basically pixel size. It's technically pixel size + gap between pixels, but stating it as being the same as pixel size is good enough for this discussion.

A bigger dot pitch just means bigger pixels. If you move the screen to a certain distance farther away, you get the same effective pixel size as you do with a smaller pixel pitch monitor closer to you. Despite widespread misinformation to the contrary, dot pitch is not a reliable metric of image detail, smoothness, etc., unless distance to the screen is a constant. In other words, a smaller dot-pitch LCD will look more detailed than a larger dot-pitch LCD only if both are at the same distance, and going back to my method of figuring out how close/far to place your LCD screen this would never be the case because you would always place a larger dot-pitch LCD farther away than you would a smaller dot-pitch LCD.

If I choose to go with the 275t, I figure it would be mounted on the wall where my desk is. The actual screen sufface would be about roughly 8" from the wall ( maybee slightly less )and where I sit that would make the screen just aproximatly 2'6" sitting up straight and typing as I am now.

My only concern is that when Im just surfing the web or getting into one of the few games I play, I tend to lean into the screen ( kind of involintary ) and then the distance closes to 1'6" witch on my current 20" Sony is no problem. Maybee someone who has owned a 2707 can relate to this and can let us let us know what to look forward to, or if the had to make some changes in habbit.

If I choose to go with the 275t, I figure it would be mounted on the wall where my desk is. The actual screen sufface would be about roughly 8" from the wall ( maybee slightly less )and where I sit that would make the screen just aproximatly 2'6" sitting up straight and typing as I am now.

My only concern is that when Im just surfing the web or getting into one of the few games I play, I tend to lean into the screen ( kind of involintary ) and then the distance closes to 1'6" witch on my current 20" Sony is no problem. Maybee someone who has owned a 2707 can relate to this and can let us let us know what to look forward to, or if the had to make some changes in habbit.

I can tell you that on a 32'' 1080P TV at 2feet the image was good and the dot pitch wasn't a concern for my self when I was "shopping"(aka drooling on things I want). Plus with all those here with a 37'' Westy(as a monitor), I've never heard one complaining about the dot pitch.

I guess I can answer your question. I was waiting for 275T to come out, but got a killer deal on 2707, so I went ahead and bought 2707. My 2707 is placed 2 feet away from my chair, and I also lean toward the screen.

I don't have any problem with the monitor and dot pitch ain't all that bad either. I can't hardly notice the big dot pitches on 27 inch screen. ( I upgraded from Dell's 2005wpf monitor though).

Thanks for the heads up RonaldSage. Pretty good price too, I wouldn't mind picking it up when it goes on sale.

I saw the monitor today at Future Shop, was not able to really judge image quality since it was in 1280x960 connect with 20 other monitors and plug in analog. The only thing I can say is, geez the case is ugly compare to Dell 2707. FULL plastic, it's all square, no curve, so cosmetic wise, it won't win any price.

I saw the monitor today at Future Shop, was not able to really judge image quality since it was in 1280x960 connect with 20 other monitors and plug in analog. The only thing I can say is, geez the case is ugly compare to Dell 2707. FULL plastic, it's all square, no curve, so cosmetic wise, it won't win any price.

The plastic that look plastic is not good i admit, but I prefer a square no curve monitor than all those round ones.... A monitor should look like a window with a frame IMO. So this is actually esthetically great for my taste :p

But I really want to know if it has the flaws the 2707 as(since it's the same panel)???

Does Future Shop charge a restocking fee for monitors? I tried looking on their website for information on returns, but it said nothing about mandatory fees for opened merchandise...

Does Future Shop charge a restocking fee for monitors? I tried looking on their website for information on returns, but it said nothing about mandatory fees for opened merchandise...

i believe it's a 15 or 30 day no question asked policy(at least for store bought, but doubt it will be different for online buyers

and for that reason i'm really tempted to buy it.. But i'm really afraid this monitor will have the same problem the 2707 has (i'll use it with a PS3)

i believe it's a 15 or 30 day no question asked policy(at least for store bought, but doubt it will be different for online buyers

and for that reason i'm really tempted to buy it.. But i'm really afraid this monitor will have the same problem the 2707 has (i'll use it with a PS3)
Well, if that's Future Shop's policy, then I have no problem buying the set and plugging in a PS3 to see how it performs.

Actually, that's probably what I'll do, anyway. :p I'm still quite familiar with my old 2707, so I should be able to do a relative comparison between them...

Well, if that's Future Shop's policy, then I have no problem buying the set and plugging in a PS3 to see how it performs.

Actually, that's probably what I'll do, anyway. :p I'm still quite familiar with my old 2707, so I should be able to do a relative comparison between them...

OLD 2707... god things with you have a short life span hehe :eek:
Well i'll let you do the testing and wait for your comeback on it hehe *lazy man here*

you can only exchange monitors at futureshop, not return. :(

Maximum PC has a review on large LCDs, I left it at work so I can't reference it 'til tuesday, but I can sum it up. In their opinion, Dell 2707 #1, Samsung #2, don't remember the 3rd one, but I remember it was slightly smaller (1-2") than the first 2, and it rated a distant 3rd. They also didn't like the 3007WFP-HC. The 2707 is now their reference standard, replacing the Dell 2405

Maximum PC has a review on large LCDs, I left it at work so I can't reference it 'til tuesday, but I can sum it up. In their opinion, Dell 2707 #1, Samsung #2, don't remember the 3rd one, but I remember it was slightly smaller (1-2") than the first 2, and it rated a distant 3rd. They also didn't like the 3007WFP-HC. The 2707 is now their reference standard, replacing the Dell 2405

they liked less the samsung why? If it's only for the looks i don't care, but if the image quality isn't as good.. that sucks

After re-reading the article, it wasn't the Sammy after all. They compared the Acer AL2616Wd, which received a "7" and was 25.5", the NEC LCD2690WUXI @ 25.5" which received a "9", and the 2707 which received a "9" and a "Kickass"

Sorry about the confusion, I haven't followed displays recently and didn't realize the # of players above 24" in the market !

After re-reading the article, it wasn't the Sammy after all. They compared the Acer AL2616Wd, which received a "7" and was 25.5", the NEC LCD2690WUXI @ 25.5" which received a "9", and the 2707 which received a "9" and a "Kickass"

Sorry about the confusion, I haven't followed displays recently and didn't realize the # of players above 24" in the market !

I, in the name of [H], accept your excuses :p

Back