Samsung new PVA screens

Yes,im not an monitor expert, but im visual perfection addict whatever causing that effect
and no matter how does it calls it frustrated me alot and i won't buy another low quallity
monitor never in my life.

You are getting into small particulars of what annoys me, but if you insist:

I tend to sit in my chair and move side to side a lot more than I move up/down. I never notice my TN screen shifting when I move side to side like my PVA screens did.

TN is much worse up/down but that doesn't bother me both because I don't move up down that much and because part of the irritation is the shift between each eye and that difference happens on the horizontal.

If I flip my TN into portrait mode it become much worse than any VA screen because then the issues line up where they annoy me most (in the horizontal plane).

All of this only applies to monitors which I sit reasonably close to, if you move a couple of inches you have a big angular change and it brings out these irritating shifts.

I have a quite shifty MVA panel Samsung 37a530 LCD TV. I have none of these kind of "drive me nuts" irritating effects, because I sit far enough away that moving doesn't cause any shifting. I still don't like it going all pale when I get up and walk around, but there are zero issues when I just sit down and watch a movie. I would much rather have VA TV than a TN TV.

It is all highly situational and highly individual so again YMMV.

yes it seems everyones eyes are different to notice different affects. I agree side to side on TN isnt as bad as up and down however for me side to side on TN is still miles off what my VA and IPS are like.

For me its.

TN - side to side and up and down very noticeable distortion even shifting my head a bit. Enough to annoy me to spend more on VA.
VA - Never noticed any distortion in normal use eg. could stand up whilst looking at monitor and looks fine and roll my chair to the side again looks fine. Watch movies in bed at a below and to side angle with no distortion. However when looking for it and at high angle I will notice this colour shift affect (it is slight tho so dont notice during normal use).
eIPS - Notice grey/silver shimmer at slight angles such as moving side to side and standing up, this shimmer will pale out dark colours against black etc. however it is not bad enough to deter me from using the monitor and isnt noticeable at all when sitting further away from screen such as when watching movies in bed. Overall the picture quality is very good especially bright colours which makes up for the dark colour viewing angle issue.

Now viewing angle issues my guess would be worse on larger screens as you going to be at an angle easier, considering I got 2 15.4" TN and 1 19" TN this shows how bad TN is,my VA is 19" and my eIPS is 22".

Still no concrete release date for this monitor :S Few German stores had it listed as available on 04.06, but today they've all changed the status to unavailable...

Anyone's got any data on this matter?

But at least it's featured on Samsung website (unlike, say P2370L, which is nowhere to be found).

F2080 and F2380 are now available in stock in the USA.

Stores showing 6 available. Still in stock. If the number hits less than 6 it means they sold a few. Ill let others get the first batch for testing. :)

As of now they are on the market, but no takers as of the last ive seen.

Seems they won't be coming to Europe just yet. Few stores that have them listed just pushed the delivery dates by 2 weeks or so. I'm fed up with waiting... Maybe I should grab this Dell 2009W that's on sale right now and switch to Samsung in few months...

USA got even more stock in and more distributors will open up with the product next week. It didn't yet hit the stores like B+H, and J+R and any other vendor which may carry them locally.

It is a PVA with circularly polarized light. Should be much improved over its predecessor, but as to how good it is I have no clue.

Those screens, and particularly the F2380 look really great.

Does anybody know if this type of panel would give decent results with a xbox360 plugged in ?

Looks like the F2380 is available from eCost. Nothing at the egg yet. Anyone bite the bullet on one of these monitors? Really looking forward to some hands-on first impressions.

No, I mean no Displayport. Samsung made a big deal out of supporting Displayport over a year ago and they have not released a single product that has it. The lack of HDMI is no big deal because there are no speakers anyway

Has Samsung ever shipped an IPS panal? I cannot say for sure, but I doubt it.

One thing I will say for Samsung is that they have improved their S-PVA panals a lot over the past 2 years. I hope this puts some pressure on LG to improve the QC issues with IPS panals.

Dave

Gosh all the fuss about display port, have yet to see more than two monitors with them and to what end? nobody is using them, dont see any video cards with display port, no blue ray players, nothing..............

me thinks display port break um number one consumer rule.........change shit too fast and too often, consumers will not adopt.

looks like manufacturers arent biting either

Isn't display port the thingy that Apple recently adopted? Their new screen has display port (I think) only (it has one connector, don't know hat it is), rendering it pretty much useless, since it's not possible to convert DVI to port.

If something, I'd rather have HDMI and headphone jack so I could plug headphones to the screen rather to PS3/Xbox. But that's 'fancy' stuff that doesn't really matter. 2xDVI is nice. Period.

Back