Samsung 990 Pro 4TB $250 with $50 cash back with Honey

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
This deal was recently on, looks like it is back. If you purchase directly from Samsung, the 990 Pro 4TB is $250. If you use Honey, you will get $50 cash back.

Samsung 990 Pro at Samsung store.

Total cost for me after sale tax and cash back would be around $222.18.

Honey offer expires November 26, at 7AM EST.

I recently got the WD 4TB SN850X for a bit less, around $208 or so after the Honey deal kicked in. And yet I am still tempted to get one of these.

oooof. This is hard. Bought a 2tb 990 pro a few weeks before the 4tb came out for $129, was comforted when the 4tb released at $339. Now already at $250, and this deal is making me tempted to pick one up...lol.

Nice to see that attempts at increasing ssd prices hasn't taken full hold yet...Really annoying to see market manipulation by nand manufacturers. Hopefully consumers will show with their wallets that they won't take it sitting down...But doubt that will last forever.

Thanks for the heads up, time to decide if I want to take a m.2 sized dent into my wallet =P.

oooof. This is hard. Bought a 2tb 990 pro a few weeks before the 4tb came out for $129, was comforted when the 4tb released at $339. Now already at $250, and this deal is making me tempted to pick one up...lol.

Nice to see that attempts at increasing ssd prices hasn't taken full hold yet...Really annoying to see market manipulation by nand manufacturers. Hopefully consumers will show with their wallets that they won't take it sitting down...But doubt that will last forever.

Thanks for the heads up, time to decide if I want to take a m.2 sized dent into my wallet =P.

Ends tomorrow at 7AM EST, so make your choice quickly. There is also the WD SN850X 4TB, but the Honey offer is only $10 now, you don't get the freebie item, but starting price is $230.

Both are good options. 4TB is a good size going forward, glad both Samsung and WD offer higher speed 4TB drives now.

Reactions: Ikasu
like this
Ends tomorrow at 7AM EST, so make your choice quickly. There is also the WD SN850X 4TB, but the Honey offer is only $10 now, you don't get the freebie item, but starting price is $230.

Both are good options. 4TB is a good size going forward, glad both Samsung and WD offer higher speed 4TB drives now.

Yea..I originally ordered the 4tb 850X when it was on sale for $220 a while back...Was taking them forever to ship from wd.com, and the more I looked at benchmarks just settled the 990 pro in my eyes as my prime OS drive, so I switched it up.

For anyone looking for a good drive, def nab this 990 Pro 4tb...This is truly a steal for so good a drive. I think personally I'm gonna hold off. the 2tb 990 Pro has me covered, going to upgrade my rig when zen 6 hits...So I'll probably entertain the notion of a PCI-E 5 drive then, or just nab another 990 pro in the 4tb capacity at the time.

Decisions, decisions. I can: A) install honey and buy this drive for $200 if the honey cash back works; B) "recycle" a hard drive at Best Buy to get 10% off a WD drive, i.e., the SN850X making it $207 from which I can take another $100 with accrued points; or C) just buy a Crucial T700 at Best Buy for a net of $299 with the same point cashing and experiment with liquid cooling the drive.

I was going to get this but it shows
"Get it by Jan. 22" ?!

Sold out during the last promo a week or so back. I assume quantities are limited and they don't have enough inventory.

I got my Western Digital drive within 48 hours after placing the order, so if you're in a hurry that is still an option although the price isn't as good.

Sold out during the last promo a week or so back. I assume quantities are limited and they don't have enough inventory.

I got my Western Digital drive within 48 hours after placing the order, so if you're in a hurry that is still an option although the price isn't as good.
yeah I am going to grab the 850x as I am doing my build in 2 weeks.

Think I waited too long in decision paralysis while trying to set up a router. Samsung's website says undeliverable to my zip code and no local pick up. Tauntingly, it also shows the Florida micro center as having stock despite that location has yet to open, and probably won't until well into 2024 at the earliest.

As a tangent, why the hell do I need to download, install, and register an app on my phone to even begin to configure a router?!

Edit to add, back in stock at Amazon with a delivery date Dec. 15 - Jan. 6.

Also Edit to add: for those in the thread contemplating the SN850X since the Samsung deal is seemingly sold out, Best Buy is running a recycling promotion for routers, keyboards/mice, and platter/solid state drives. For the drives, take an old hard drive to a physical Best Buy location and they will "recycle" it and give you a 10% coupon towards a Western Digital drive that is in the store at that moment.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm really getting dragged by these threads & this drive repeatedly going on sale for less than what I recently paid for the Predator 4TB drive. And then I bought a couple of the 1 TB drives when those were on sale a few months back. Guess I'll make due... ;)

I feel like I'm really getting dragged by these threads & this drive repeatedly going on sale for less than what I recently paid for the Predator 4TB drive. And then I bought a couple of the 1 TB drives when those were on sale a few months back. Guess I'll make due... ;)

Any my current RAM dropped from a hair under $500 to just over $200 in a span of less than six months. I paid almost $340 when the 980 2TB was new and something like a grand for two pairs of 256GB SATA III SSDs when those were new. It happens to nearly all computer except some Nvidia cards.

Back