Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - $189.99 @ Newegg

I'm still in the old days of 3.5" hdd... is this 500gb ssd the best price in a while? do costs go down substantially or not really?

I'm still in the old days of 3.5" hdd... is this 500gb ssd the best price in a while? do costs go down substantially or not really?

The lowest I've seen. If the size is right, buy it. It will be the best upgrade you'll ever make.

Best price for an EVO. There have been some 480Gb mushkins in the $165-$179 range over the last two months.

I've got a pair of 840 Evo 500GB in my PC. They work great. I paid $220 each for them from a Newegg sale, late last year. This $180 price for the 850 version is insane. One thing I noticed, however, was that it's called a Vertical SSD. Never seen that before. Does that mean it can't be mounted horizontally?

One thing I noticed, however, was that it's called a Vertical SSD. Never seen that before. Does that mean it can't be mounted horizontally?

It's referring to VNAND (vertical NAND). New 3D structure of how the memory cells are oriented.

Back