Samsung 830 128gb $70 + SH + possible tax MC

They were $70 on Amazon last week, no tax (for most) or shipping. I bought 3 =)

Fantastic drive, definitely worth it if you've been waiting.

They were $70 on Amazon last week, no tax (for most) or shipping. I bought 3 =)

Fantastic drive, definitely worth it if you've been waiting.

yes i know, i missed out. hence i've been waiting for this pricing again :)

Thanks! I also missed out on the Amazon deal and was hoping a similar one would come along soon.

Their add shows the 256gb for only 150...BUT...no stock. Trying to talk myself into this drive...

I've been looking to get a second one just to have more space for games, and I missed last week's deals... I imagine after tax and shipping this will come out to like $83-85 tho. Dunno whether to bite or wait for a slightly better price next month, hrm.

Edit: Hmm, it's actually only $80.54 with taxes/standard shipping to MD, I doubt they'll go any lower than $70 even during Black Friday, decisions decisions...

Last edited:
Their add shows the 256gb for only 150...BUT...no stock. Trying to talk myself into this drive...

Just checked on the 256GB out of curiosity and it says it's in stock, says it ships in 1-3 days same as the 128GB... I was able to proceed to checkout with it and everything. Were you checking their web store stock? If you switch it over to local stores it even gives you different pricing (and local stock obviously).

Now I'm trying to talk myself out of the 256GB, heh... I guess I could go with that and sell my 128GB, but it'd cost me the same as just getting a second 128GB, and I'd probably keepboth regardless. Thing is, either way I'll probably never fit every game on flash (even with 256+128), so 128+128 or 256 is more than enough for the OS and every game I'm actually currently playing. Hrm...

Edit: Could've swore the 256GB said 1-3 days earlier, at the moment it says " Usually ships in 5-7 business days. Limited availability. May not be in stock at time of order. No back orders. "

http://www.microcenter.com/product/..._State_Drive_(SSD)_with_3-core_MCX_Controller

Last edited:
Blah, was ready to bite on a 128GB and I'm getting some weird error where it says the order failed and to try a different payment method, tried two different cards already tho. Phone support isn't open yet, hrm.

128GB now says $129 for me. Think this is dead

That's a different SKU altogether, though the original SKU linked in the thread can't be added to the cart anymore (price on it was always hidden), so yea... Looks like it's dead either way. How long did they even run this?

Ugh, I had to go out and didn't get to solve whatever issue I was having with ordering... Guess I'll have to keep stalking the drive until Black Friday. Seems like Amazon and NE still have plenty of them to get rid off so here's hoping.

That's a different SKU altogether, though the original SKU linked in the thread can't be added to the cart anymore (price on it was always hidden), so yea... Looks like it's dead either way. How long did they even run this?

Ugh, I had to go out and didn't get to solve whatever issue I was having with ordering... Guess I'll have to keep stalking the drive until Black Friday. Seems like Amazon and NE still have plenty of them to get rid off so here's hoping.

FYI I found that 17th street photo has the 830 128GB for $89, free shipping
(yeah, not the place I would think to look for SSDs either)

Just a heads up. I went to MC to pick up 2 of the 128gb ones I reserved the other day. I happened to ask if they had any 256gb in stock and they apparently had a bunch in the back. This was at the Fairfax, VA store. Ended up going the 256gb route myself.

yeah, i bought the 128gb friday night, they just got a bunch of 256's in stock saturday. grrrrrr already threw win8 on the 128gb, and I'm not going to return it just because. Oh well. Steam drive ssd can wait ;)

You can always use Steam Mover to have your most played Steam games on the 128GB.

Back