Samsung 245T service menu?

Lord Magus

n00b
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Samsung 245T, gorgeous screen.
Unfortunately as I've read, it suffers from the same problems as the Dell 2407-HC. Lot's of ghosting when using gray backgrounds, and it really annoys me when playing Tomb Raider or Assassin's Creed.

Someone mentioned that I might be able to turn off overdrive by accessing the service menu in my monitor. I've always had LG monitors and to access the menu was as simple as holding the menu button while powering on, but the same doesn't apply to my samsung monitor.

After doing some research, I haven't found a single place that explained how to enter the service menu in this monitor.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance for the help

Try this:

- Set contrast and brightness to 0
- Press the « Menu » button
- Press the « Source » button for 5 seconds (the second one on the right)
A hidden ''Service Function'' menu will appear including Panel Info on the bottom which clearly indicates the panel’s origin and reference.

It's from this page. It's for an older monitor (226BW) but hopefully they havent changed it.

Here's the source article:

http://www.behardware.com/articles/667-1/samsung-226bw-a-and-s-series-the-verdict.html

Regards,

10e

Didn't work, after holding source for 5 seconds it just forced the change of the source, even if nothing else was connected.. so i got a black screen with no signal :(

Thanks anyway :)

Back