Saitek Gamer's Keyboard and Gamepad Conflict

szero

Limp Gawd
Hey guys. I've been playing zsnes for years now with my EMS PlayStation2 Controller USB adapter and it's been great. However, I recently got a Saitek Gamer's Keyboard and this has brought me some problems. Apparently the Saitek also lists itself as a gamepad, and this has caused conflicts with my gamepad. zsnes doesn't let you manually set what input device you want to use to play, and for some reason it's assuming my keyboard is the gamepad so it won't detect anything from my gamepad. I even set my gamepad as the 'default for older software' in the control panel controller properties. Does anyone know if it's possible to completely disable the Saitek Gamer's Keyboard from being detected as a gamepad, and if so, how I would go about doing this? Thanks..

Put a USB to PS/2 adapter on it and it won't use the drivers for a usb device. I am not sure if my Eclipse came with one.. I've bought a few tho that came with the adapters.

magnetik said:
Put a USB to PS/2 adapter on it and it won't use the drivers for a usb device. I am not sure if my Eclipse came with one.. I've bought a few tho that came with the adapters.
Part of my reason for getting the keyboard was because it was USB. I did this so that I could hold more than 3 buttons at the same time. But, I may consider doing this when I want to play zsnes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Lord of Shadows said:
use snes9x? =)
Tried that. Didn't like my gamepad. snes9k worked a little better but it just lags too badly for me to enjoy it.

szero said:
Tried that. Didn't like my gamepad. snes9k worked a little better but it just lags too badly for me to enjoy it.
Sorry for the bump, but I think the "lag" was just due to a crappy rom. But, I'd still like this issue worked out, since I don't like snes9x or snes9k.

Back