Safe X1900XT Voltage?

Chops

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know what a safe voltage for an X1900XT is. I'm trying to maximize my overclock but don't want to run into electromigration. Stock is 1.175 2d and 1.425 3d on the GPU and 2.086 on the memory.

Really is the 3d that high?
I use overclocker and set the video voltage to 1.225 and leave the mem volts alone. I can run ROCK stable, not a signle crash/artifact at 700/1600.

Thats the reading I get while running a game and polling the voltage in ATITool.

I'm having some trouble running over 689 core and 760~ mem. Thats what Overdrive tops out at. ATI tool won't let me go much further either. It's a bummer too because I have the BJ11 chips.

try a utility called overclocker....you can find the link on firingsquad when they reviewed the x1900xtx. Basically just change the vcore voltage to 1.225, increase fan speed, dont touch the memory voltage. I can get 700/1600 easily. The ATI overdrive sucks....it increases latencies on the ram and also cannot go anywhere near those clocks.

I also put some copper ram heatspreaders on the voltage regulators on the card itself. I dont know if those help but they get HOTTTT. I mean almost burn your finger hot.

I've been tweaking with overclocker and so far it won't do anything.

I hit the 3d button. Set the clocks. Set the voltage. Everything still goes by CCC. And It crashes if I hit the set clocks button in 2d mode. :confused:

You have to kill both ATI applications and make sure they do not run at start up. You also have to disable an ATI service so that you can overclock without using CCC. Firingsquad article tells you how to do this....

go to 'run', type in msconfig, startup, disable the 2 ATI services.
Then go to services in the control panel, under administration, and disable the ATI service.

Hey, just curious. What are your idle/load temps with the VF900 compared to the stock cooler?

Idles a lot lower. My load temps are really high. 80+. It's running way too much voltage for stock so I'm trying to figure out a way to turn it down.

Alright, update time.

Overclocker didn't work at all for me so I deleted it and just used ATITool which has worked fine.

658.8 Mhz Core and 792 Mhz memory.

VGPU is at 1.275v. MVDDC and MVDDQ is 2.086v. VDDCI is 1.486.

The lower volts help a ton and the VF900 really shines. 37-39c idle and 53-58c load. :D

Back