• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

S4 cheating on benchmarks

They get reported pretty fast, we've had some htc ones earlier too, most the time they are bots with terrible responses.
HT shills? Please, tell us where. I've actually looked in the HTC One Watch Thread, and the only shills are Samsung ones spreading false claims and using fear to steer folks from getting the HTC One.

Quite frankly, I don't believe HTC to have enough money or the deceitfulness of Samsung.
 
HT shills? Please, tell us where. I've actually looked in the HTC One Watch Thread, and the only shills are Samsung ones spreading false claims and using fear to steer folks from getting the HTC One.

Quite frankly, I don't believe HTC to have enough money or the deceitfulness of Samsung.

Don't remember Chui in when the Rezound came out? Lol, that guy was an HTC shill if I've ever seen one. I don't think he was paid by HTC though, just an obsessive HTC fanboy with no reasoning whatsoever. His hate for the Gnex was impressive.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647892

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1653638

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1655634

Shit was hilarious.
 
Last edited:
Don't remember Chui in when the Rezound came out? Lol, that guy was an HTC shill if I've ever seen one. I don't think he was paid by HTC though, just an obsessive HTC fanboy with no reasoning whatsoever. His hate for the Gnex was impressive.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647892

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1653638

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1655634

Shit was hilarious.
yeah, but that wasn't guy also an iphone fanboi too. Wasn't he just a general troll?
 
yeah, but that wasn't guy also an iphone fanboi too. Wasn't he just a general troll?

No, Mobusta was/is the resident iPhone troll. Chui was only able to make those few threads in here before he was temp-banned, then he never came back.
 
No, Mobusta was/is the resident iPhone troll. Chui was only able to make those few threads in here before he was temp-banned, then he never came back.
sorry! Mixed those two up! I just remember Mobusta going from HTC fanboy to Apple fanboy, being totally comedic.
 
Does any one else fake their benchmarks? Apple? HTC? LG? Motorola? Nokia? Sony? If this is SO meaningless, why did Samsung do it? This defense of Samsung is absurd.

Because every major corporation cheats in some way, shape, or form, it's okay for Samsung to cheat in benchmarks that few cares about. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Hell if I know if any other company cheats on benchmarks.
I pay no attention to canned benchmarks on phones.

Have these types of things occurred previously with other types of hardware and devices? I bet it has. Samsung isn't the only one, and it's not only in the mobile phone arena that this kind of cheating happens.

Hell, schools have cheated for their students to make it look like they are doing better at teaching than they really are.
Now that is something to get upset about.

FWIW, I'm not defending Samsung. Just stating that it's not a big fucking deal what-so-ever.
Call 'em out on it, sure they deserve it.
But I'm sure the majority of Samsung owners bought the phone based on numerous things that do not include canned benchmarks; myself included.
 
But I'm sure the majority of Samsung owners bought the phone based on numerous things that do not include canned benchmarks; myself included.
Once again, if Samsung didn't believe it matters, they wouldn't have done it. It's that simple. People don't cheat for no reason.
 
Your man hate for samsung is epic.
yeah, hating them for cheating? Yes. Do I think it's a big deal? No, but certainly higher than let's sweep it under a rug. Had apple done this you'd be posting hate posts about Apple all over the place! S-fanbois must love being the snubs now.
 
yeah, hating them for cheating? Yes. Do I think it's a big deal? No, but certainly higher than let's sweep it under a rug. Had apple done this you'd be posting hate posts about Apple all over the place! S-fanbois must love being the snubs now.

I beg to differ, you treat anything samsung does as the end of the world. If they do anything that will change my experience with the product I will care.

Also, dont pretend to know me, find one post ive made that blasts apple.
 
I beg to differ, you treat anything samsung does as the end of the world. If they do anything that will change my experience with the product I will care.

Also, dont pretend to know me, find one post ive made that blasts apple.
Please tell me where I also evidently blew some negative Samsung news out of proportion.

My post history has me suggesting everyone to get the Galaxy S2/Galaxy Nexus/Samsung Focus in 2011, Galaxy Note 2/Droid Razr Maxx/Nexus 4 in 2012, and now HTC One/Moto X. Your post history suggests Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4, and already the Galaxy Note 3, with numerous time that you called Samsung the best manufacturer. So, yes, I'm the biased one... right...
 
At this point there isnt going to be anyone that is going to compete against samsung in almost anything anymore, electronics, memory, appliances, construction, etc. They will eventually branch out to everything they can make a decent dollar on. I think they are the largest group that isnt in energy branch (oil, gas, utilities what have you). I think they are on their way to pulling in over 300 billion dollars this year as a group, most of it from electronics lol. I guess we can say they are the largest electronics maker in the word easily.
 
Yea samsung is huge, im glad there are still companies like htc and panasonic around.

Remember, sony and ge used to be this big.
 
Yea samsung is huge, im glad there are still companies like htc and panasonic around.

Remember, sony and ge used to be this big.

I think sony and ge used to be big but not by the numbers Samsung is posting, definitely not even close without adjusting for inflation and even then probably not. Not many corporations out there have a hand in EVERYTHING. I just hope after everyone else pretty much gets crushed they dont give it to us hard. At this point the probably own most of the Flat panel market, definitely mobile devices, probably as large as intel overall now as a semiconductor manuf., shipbuilding, construction, finance, engineering, insurance. Its crazy.
 
I think sony and ge used to be big but not by the numbers Samsung is posting, definitely not even close without adjusting for inflation and even then probably not. Not many corporations out there have a hand in EVERYTHING. I just hope after everyone else pretty much gets crushed they dont give it to us hard. At this point the probably own most of the Flat panel market, definitely mobile devices, probably as large as intel overall now as a semiconductor manuf., shipbuilding, construction, finance, engineering, insurance. Its crazy.

pretty soon they will get into genetic engineering, creating a t-virus and dictating the world with mentally controlled zombies.

Yea they are big, whats worst is they are giving us some really good products. If a company existed like this in the US it would of most likely been split by now also.
 
Sony's failures are actually a very interesting topic in business groups. Right now Microsoft is seemingly applying the same failed formula. I went to a seminar...
 
pretty soon they will get into genetic engineering, creating a t-virus and dictating the world with mentally controlled zombies.

Yea they are big, whats worst is they are giving us some really good products. If a company existed like this in the US it would of most likely been split by now also.

Absolutely. You could probably say Samsung and Hyundai props up the south korean economy. With out them south korea would probably be in a world of hurt and breaking them up at this point would wreck a lot of people's lives. Also Samsung does do defense contracting and they have a genetics subsidiary so maybe one day lol on the north koreans? Its amazing the transformation Samsung went through in 2 decades. From sub par cheap products to premier electronic and house hold appliances.

Sony did the total opposite of samsung. Absolute powerhouse in anything electronic to nearing bankruptcy. I am just glad Sony is actually making good products again. 10 years ago the only thing sony I had in my house was the playstation. Now All of my laptops purchased within the last 4 years are Sony. I actually want Sony made phones lol.

Companies come and go, some get complacent. Seems like Samsung doesnt want that to happen with all the investment in R&D outside South Korea. I hope they keep making good products are reasonable prices. Though they maybe very shady internally with the management at least they are willing to pay the $$$ to hire and attract the best these days.
 
For anyone interested, the first 50-odd minutes of Anandtech Podcast Ep. 24 goes in-depth on this whole thing. Some really cool inside-baseball talk there, as there is on every topic the Anandtech podcast covers.
 
sorry! Mixed those two up! I just remember Mobusta going from HTC fanboy to Apple fanboy, being totally comedic.

Yea because I saw the difference between the HTC DINC and iPhone 4. A world of a difference. Android phones are finally catching up to Apple, but with the 5s being announced tomorrow you're going to see another game changer and the rest of the android market going back to the drawing board and figuring out how else to copy and catch up to Apple.

People forget that when you buy an apple product you're not just getting a phone, tablet, mp3 player or computer you're buying an ecosystem. Something google or microsoft (surface lol) have yet to accomplish.
 
Back
Top