S27A850T

mangomilk

n00b
So, I had S27A850D in order and now I got message they don't manufacture it anymore and S27A850T is the replacing model, Should I get the 850T ? What is difference between D and T? They're willing to give me discount for the 850T (drop it to same price as D) as I had it on order for several weeks. Any information would be helpful, kinda don't wanna buy cat in a bag. Thanks

looks the same to me, although from the spec page it looks like this model has 1x DL-DVI, 1x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI input. the D model had 2x DL-DVI and 1x DisplayPort only....no HDMI on the D model

Hopefully it's like they've fixed the problems with BLB and etc. with it too.
Well, I guess I'll get it. One week to shipment, hard time waiting.

Hopefully it's like they've fixed the problems with BLB and etc. with it too.
Well, I guess I'll get it. One week to shipment, hard time waiting.

Looking forward to your review, hopefully the QC is better this time around.

If this is the same monitor but with fixed QC, I would be very interested. I'm not seeing it for sale anywhere though. Where are you getting it from?

If this is the same monitor but with fixed QC, I would be very interested. I'm not seeing it for sale anywhere though. Where are you getting it from?

It should be available within a week or two. Most online stores in Sweden have set March 21st as an "in stock" date for this display.

Yeah, I still haven't received mine, they say 14-16.3 but we'll see. I will write impressions once I get it.

They are advertising this as sRGB. Did they do that for the S27A850D? If they have fixed the QC and color space, I can't wait!

At least I haven't, it should be shipping tomorrow/wednesday. Looks like out-of-stock everywhere and in-stock estimate is 21. like Falconetti said. Hopefully mine ships soon, cannot wait to get my hands on it..

Im also curious. Still tossing between PA246Q or 850T. Can't hold out till summer when they think the new LG panels arrive. Poor student but can probably convince family to put the one I buy now in the countryhouse should the new panels be superyummy.

Im also curious. Still tossing between PA246Q or 850T. Can't hold out till summer when they think the new LG panels arrive. Poor student but can probably convince family to put the one I buy now in the countryhouse should the new panels be superyummy.

If the new 850T isn't to your liking I would personally check out the new Asus model called PA248Q and compare it to the older PA246Q.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/26.htm#asus_pa248q

Or if you want to go larger there is the PA278Q, or the more basic version called VA278Q on the way.

http://translate.google.se/translate?hl=sv&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnl.hardware.info%2Fnieuws%2F26024%2Fces-asus-toont-27-inch-qhd-monitor-met-ips-paneel

Dont even consider a 1920x1200. Such low resolution monitors belongs to the past.

The difference between 1920x1200 and 2560x1440 is like night and day .

If you dont have the best finances consider the Catleap 2560x1440 monitor.

Dont even consider a 1920x1200. Such low resolution monitors belongs to the past.

The difference between 1920x1200 and 2560x1440 is like night and day .

If you dont have the best finances consider the Catleap 2560x1440 monitor.

Dont even consider a 2560x1440. Such low resolution monitors belongs to the past.

The difference between 2560x1440 and 4096x2160 is like night and day .

Go for the Eizo DuraVision FDH3601 ;)

As good as 1440 is, I'd still prefer a true 120hz TN panel for the smoothness. Even an IPS capable of 100hz still doesn't look anything like a TN 120hz.

Think there is any chance of 120hz TN panels down the line? Is that even possible with current tech?

As good as 1440 is, I'd still prefer a true 120hz TN panel for the smoothness. Even an IPS capable of 100hz still doesn't look anything like a TN 120hz.

Think there is any chance of 120hz TN panels down the line? Is that even possible with current tech?

The market is to small atm. A majority can't afford the gfx horsepower needed to run a 120Hz 1440p display and maintain the framerate needed to avoid screen tear.

Good lord.
Over 40 days have passed since I placed my order for S27A850D, during that time it was switched to T model because it's the replacing one, looks like Finnish stores didn't get it for 21.3 like some swedish stores did, atleast from the looks of it. New Delivery estimate is 11.4, I don't f***ing believe this. Kinda despairing over everything and thinking might just get the Dell and deal with the AG even though it s***s. Oh why.. why Samsung have you betrayed me..

Good news, as I have LG monitor with the same AG coating as Dell I didn't falter and order U2711, because I really can't unsee it and now my brave soul has been rewarded, the S27A850T is finally shipped!

I will write little "reviewy" when I receive it next week.

Good news, as I have LG monitor with the same AG coating as Dell I didn't falter and order U2711, because I really can't unsee it and now my brave soul has been rewarded, the S27A850T is finally shipped!

Sweet! What country do you live in? I can't find it for sale anywhere in the USA.

Looking forward to your review !

Pultzar, I'm from FIN.
Maybe it'll take some time for it to come out there, it did take pretty long to come here too :D
Can't help but to F5 the tracking page.. I really hope it'll be flawless one.

@mangomilk I think you will not regret it. I have S27A850D and it's superior compared to my old Dell U2311H.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this monitor but I live in the US. The "D" model seems to be hard to find, and I can't find the new "T" model anywhere. Anyone have any ideas on when it may show up on the likes of Amazon?

Finally got it plugged in and on :D

First impressions: Holy shit it looks good!
I first checked the monitor for faulty pixels and Backlight bleed, NONE! Also my friend who had Dell U2711 sold his monitor and got this, his had none either, so I guess that's a good sign about the QC, or we both just got lucky.
Windows automatically setted it to 2560x1440, so no problems with the res either on dual monitor setup. (I read somewhere that someone had problem the resolution reseted back to the lower resolution of the dual monitor.)

Everything looks so good on this one, and it makes me think I have been living a lie, all the colours look so vibrant.
And the selling point for me the AG, It's like everyone says, you won't see it on this one. I love it. Totally worth it, I can't think of any cons. I'm glad I waited for this.

I first checked the monitor for faulty pixels and Backlight bleed, NONE! Also my friend who had Dell U2711 sold his monitor and got this, his had none either, so I guess that's a good sign about the QC, or we both just got lucky.
Windows automatically setted it to 2560x1440, so no problems with the res either on dual monitor setup. (I read somewhere that someone had problem the resolution reseted back to the lower resolution of the dual monitor.)

Everything looks so good on this one, and it makes me think I have been living a lie, all the colours look so vibrant.
And the selling point for me the AG, It's like everyone says, you won't see it on this one. I love it. Totally worth it, I can't think of any cons. I'm glad I waited for this.

Is there a setting for sRGB?

Wish I could find this display in the USA.

That sounds promising indeed. No BLB or anything else to complain about. Hopefully this trend continues when additional user reviews is added to this thread.

Is there a setting for sRGB?

Wish I could find this display in the USA.

No, sadly there is no setting for sRGB.

I keep getting this feeling "I didn't know pictures could look this great" when looking at this. I have fallen in love.

No, sadly there is no setting for sRGB.

I keep getting this feeling "I didn't know pictures could look this great" when looking at this. I have fallen in love.

Damn you mangomilk for tempting me so bad. ;)

I was trying to hold out for the new AH-IPS monitors hopefully set for release at the end of this year, but now Im not sure that I can hold back the urge to press the buy button on this one...

Damn you mangomilk for tempting me so bad. ;)

I was trying to hold out for the new AH-IPS monitors hopefully set for release at the end of this year, but now Im not sure that I can hold back the urge to press the buy button on this one...

It's a long time to end of year.
And I can guarantee you won't be dissapointed with this one either.
I can't say for sure but aren't the new ones 2560x1440 too, the panels probably look gorgeous though, but so does this one, can't compare when haven't seen AH-IPS. Who knows if Dell has learned from their mistakes and fixes the AG, but it might be the same sh*t. I'm really happy with this one for years to come ;)

I loved my S27A850D, it just had too much dust behind the screen so I had to return it. I would love to try an S27A850T if I could find one!

They would sell a lot more of these if they were available :)

It's a long time to end of year.
And I can guarantee you won't be dissapointed with this one either.
I can't say for sure but aren't the new ones 2560x1440 too, the panels probably look gorgeous though, but so does this one, can't compare when haven't seen AH-IPS. Who knows if Dell has learned from their mistakes and fixes the AG, but it might be the same sh*t. I'm really happy with this one for years to come ;)

There will be new AH-IPS panels produced by LG in a number of resolutions and sizes. Most interesting for me would have been either the 24" /1200p display or the 27" / 1440p display. The advantages of this new panel tech is improved colour accuracy, increased pixel density, greater light transmission and AdobeRGB. Whether or not these displays will have the same aggressive antiglare coating found in the current LG panels used in Dell's Ultrasharp line remains to be seen. So for me its either a Korean monitor, Samsung 850T or a minimum 6 month wait for AH-IPS. Btw, how do you perceive the contrast of the 850T? I've read that the 850D got criticism for having poor calibrated contrast. And as the panel is still the same the problem should remain ?

Well, I can't go too deep into it because I don't have it calibrated properly, I can only compare it to Dell U2711 and I can say its really superior in anyway possible. (The Dell is not calibrated either though)

If you decide to wait 6 months for new AH-IPS and then they come up with Aggressive AG once again, now that would be hilarious :D But yeah, I think they're going to be more expensive. Samsung should be releasing A970/A950 soon but I don't know how it differs from this one, it is PLS too.

If you decide to wait 6 months for new AH-IPS and then they come up with Aggressive AG once again, now that would be hilarious :D But yeah, I think they're going to be more expensive. Samsung should be releasing A970/A950 soon but I don't know how it differs from this one, it is PLS too.

Yeah, I would certainly be wearing the clown nose if the aggressive AG coating was still present on the new panels after 6 months wait. :D The upcoming factory calibrated A970 flagship model is a glossy display with glass front similair to the Apple Cinema Display. The screen is apparently S-PLS with aluminium bezel, hardware calibration and a RRP of 950€.

Last edited:
I bought a 850D in september, RMA'd it in october-november due to a refresh rate problem and got a new one with quite a lot more BLB than my first model. I told them but I refrained from sending it back, it would have been worst if my third one had even more problems, and I waited for a better batch/model refresh.
Do you think that Samsung would accept a second RMA in exchange for a 850T, if I were to complain about the BLB now?

Damnit.
I'm going to have to warranty this monitor.
I think something broke inside it, there's this "blue spot" thats like more blue than the rest of the monitor, its about the size of a thumb, and theres now atleast 4 faulty pixels around the monitor and biggest of all there is burn in. I coulndn't believe my eyes when I saw my browser address bar and tab bar against grey background. These monitors are NOT supposed to do that right? :D
Shouldn't be too long wait now since they have it in-stocks but damn Easter, can send it on Tuesday earliest.

I'v had this monitor now about two weeks, still a great screen. Good uniformity, no dead or bright pixels and good black levels.

I can't find this monitor anywhere. Not even online :confused: I live in Europe and I wouldn't mind buying online if I could find it!

I live in Finland, in Finland it was easy to find this monitor. Text is small but games are great, colors too. I used an S27A850D ICC file, would someone calibrate S27A850T model?

How is Samsung warranty? I waited long for this monitor and I don't want to be departed from it for long, It's great monitor even with all the errors I currently have. Anyone have experience with Samsung warranty?

This model (and the D model) are now virtually impossible to find in the US. I wonder if this has anything to do with the incoming wave of new IPS tech that will be hitting in the 2nd-half of this year. Perhaps Samsung is busy working on 2nd-gen PLS?

Back