Ebon_Cobra
n00b
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2013
- Messages
- 11
Hey guys,
I've been looking to replace my old H-IPS HP LP2475w, and after much research and deliberation, I decided to take my chances with the backlight bleed of the Samsung 850D series and picked up a 24". To my great happiness, there wasn't much backlight bleed at all on the monitor I got (construction date, Aug.2012) and the colours and AG coating are definitely a step above the 2475, but I noticed that if I don't set the 850D to "fastest" overdrive (which creates overshoot) the monitor appears to "ghost" rather badly. I don't know if I'm using that term 100% currently, but basically, moving objects appear as images behind images. It seems really specific too...for eg. in Far Cry 3 is seems pretty comparable to the 2475 even on "faster", but in Starcraft 2, when a unit moves it appears like it's gittering, as if it has no hard edge. It actually gives me head-aches to look at. It's not just one game though, it happens in MechWarrior Online as well, and in movies.
I don't know if I'm just so used to one monitor, using another will take time to adjust too...or if this is just how monitors look now (I've been using the H-IPS for 4+ years. The 2475 is from 2008) or if I should send this back. Reading reviews for the 27a850d, all reviews say the monitor looks perfect on "faster", and I'm like "wut..!?"
The thing that really gets me, is that response time for the 850D is twice as fast, even on "normal" and "faster" than the 2475w, and my 2475w produces much sharper motion.
Anyways, just wondering what others think, or if I can get some help from other 850D owners. I don't want to send it back and pay a restocking fee if all new IPS/PLS panels look like this, and it's just something I have to get used too.
I've been looking to replace my old H-IPS HP LP2475w, and after much research and deliberation, I decided to take my chances with the backlight bleed of the Samsung 850D series and picked up a 24". To my great happiness, there wasn't much backlight bleed at all on the monitor I got (construction date, Aug.2012) and the colours and AG coating are definitely a step above the 2475, but I noticed that if I don't set the 850D to "fastest" overdrive (which creates overshoot) the monitor appears to "ghost" rather badly. I don't know if I'm using that term 100% currently, but basically, moving objects appear as images behind images. It seems really specific too...for eg. in Far Cry 3 is seems pretty comparable to the 2475 even on "faster", but in Starcraft 2, when a unit moves it appears like it's gittering, as if it has no hard edge. It actually gives me head-aches to look at. It's not just one game though, it happens in MechWarrior Online as well, and in movies.
I don't know if I'm just so used to one monitor, using another will take time to adjust too...or if this is just how monitors look now (I've been using the H-IPS for 4+ years. The 2475 is from 2008) or if I should send this back. Reading reviews for the 27a850d, all reviews say the monitor looks perfect on "faster", and I'm like "wut..!?"
The thing that really gets me, is that response time for the 850D is twice as fast, even on "normal" and "faster" than the 2475w, and my 2475w produces much sharper motion.
Anyways, just wondering what others think, or if I can get some help from other 850D owners. I don't want to send it back and pay a restocking fee if all new IPS/PLS panels look like this, and it's just something I have to get used too.