S.T.A.L.K.E.R. + Oblivion Lost mod = pwnage!!!

I swapped the STALKER addiction for Oblivion yesterday afternoon and I haven't slept yet. I think for my personal health I will have to give them both up.

Oblivion Lost is to STALKER as Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is to Oblivion...except Oscuro's is insane.

LOL

True that. I played with that one and had to put the game down.

Is the power plant just as swarming with mutants in the power plant as vanilla STALKER?

I'm in the power plant trying to get to the sarcophagus. The whole time I'm being mentally raped because there's probably a dozen of those Jabba the Hut mutants in that room off to the left of third corridor, before the ladder that leads to the exoskeleton armor. I just can't get past them. There are soldiers as well, and I'm blurry and seeing double trying to throw grenades and kill everything. I'm out of bandages so I cannot bleed whatsoever.

And I think OL is glitchy. Even when my weight limit is under 80kg, I get that stupid "you are not a mule" warning. Or sometimes when I go into my inventory, my mouse gets stuck off-screen in the bottom right, and no matter how much I move it around, it barely reaches the Exit button but it shoots right back off-screen.

I don't remember that section. I actually never found the exoskeleton when I beat vanilla.

I have not had any glitches with OL, other than a few lighting and graphic glitches from the other mods.

some screens of OL mod + S.H.A.R.P.E.R. texture pack + Float32 mod (photobucket compressed)

a blowout that started in the middle of the night:

STALKER002.jpg

STALKER003.jpg

STALKER004.jpg

couple of random shots showing textures:

STALKER005.jpg

STALKER006.jpg

I liked the mod overall, the trees looked freakin weird in the first level however. Then there were random dogs trying to kill me and I had no ammo :(.

Got another problem now. The first time through, this wasn't an issue, but playing again, I have to find the lab entrance (X18), and as I approach the door, there's no message about it being locked. There's no message at all, and yet the objective indicator shows on the map. I can't open the door.

how do I install float32 on my computer? there is an exe file but when I run it it doesn't give me a directory to install it to.

I liked the mod overall, the trees looked freakin weird in the first level however. Then there were random dogs trying to kill me and I had no ammo :(.

Even towards the end of the game the dogs are some of the most annoying enemies since they are small, fast, and a pain in the butt to kill. Best solution is to find where the edge of their "territory" is. They always turn around at a certain spot. You stand just beyond there and shoot at them as they run straight at you. If you miss, wait for them to come again.

For the float32, I think it either searches for the correct directory or looks in the default location.

Well I went back to the X18 entrance and saw that the door was somehow cracked. It was kind of a "dummy" door. I used my knife to bash at it until it bounced against the wall and opened enough for me to go through. The game never registered that I found the entrance though.

I have the documents, but I can't give them to the barman. Anything I can do?

Oh.... ya, you may have broken it. Did you get the second key from the bandit dude in the HUGE bandit warehouse/base? If you didn't get the key but went straight through the lab, you may have screwed it up.

I suggest either getting that key and seeing if it fixes itself (you may have to run through the lab again once you have it) or reloading (if possible).

BTW, the only way I beat that bandit base was to climb up to the roofs and run across the entire compound while sniping from the roofs. It skipped 90% of the room clearing.

Hope that helps.

The one major change I did is that I don't like OL's music changes. They put in real Russian songs on guitar but it sounds ridiculous, like instead of your fellow STALKERS playing by the campfire, it sounds like a soviet radio from the 1950s.

I took those out and put back in the old guitar campfire songs. I also put back in some of the spoken english so I could understand the game more (OL makes almost everything real Russian audio and there are no subtitles).

Sounds interesting. How did you do that? Just delete the files you didn't like from /gamedata/sounds? I guess the game would then default back to loading the original sounds in the compressed gamedata files.

some screens of OL mod + S.H.A.R.P.E.R. texture pack + Float32 mod (photobucket compressed)

a blowout that started in the middle of the night:

STALKER002.jpg

STALKER003.jpg

STALKER004.jpg

couple of random shots showing textures:

STALKER005.jpg

STALKER006.jpg

Great screens sir! :cool:

jesus, the game looks so much better after the OL and SHARPER mods, its not even funny.

some more screens. I really like the run-down, dilapidated look of this game.

STALKER007.jpg

STALKER008.jpg

STALKER009.jpg

STALKER010.jpg

The worst thing about Stalker is the hand model/texture and certain guns. Some replacement mods will take care of that.

STALKER008.jpg

VS
96924216mv9.jpg

STALKER009.jpg

VS
ssjeremyng053108015215loo1.jpg

I think those screens look worse than the original graphics.

it really does look better in motion. you also need to keep in mind that those screens are heavily compressed via photobucket...not the best compression method. try the mods out for yourself and you'll see they make a big difference.

The worst thing about Stalker is the hand model/texture and certain guns. Some replacement mods will take care of that.

completely agree about the hand/weapon models. got a recommended mod to fix this? your screens look a ton better.

Anyone play multiplayer? There's one server available to me with a ping under 100, and I don't remember if it's 1.005 or not. It was empty when I looked though.

I'm also damn certain a STALKER MMORPG would be insanely fun. The guilds (factions) are already in place (more with Clear Sky).

(I tried a 1.0006 server and I got a version mismatch error. Steam says mine's up-to-date. What's 1.0006?)

I think 1.0006 might be the World version, not US. I know there were several releases. Can someone confirm this?

1.0006 doesn't add anything to single player. It's only multiplayer/network updates. It's not neccessary for SP>

I bought stalker dirt cheap off e-bay and it was delivered today, downloading these mods for it now

completely agree about the hand/weapon models. got a recommended mod to fix this? your screens look a ton better.

I just got done googling and searching for hand textures that look that good... I got the weapon textures which are really nice, but what hand textures are you using?

I read about a great looking set of Mapat hands that were formerly on a website called CDG, but I was unable to locate those textures... What hand textures are you using Flair?

Think I found it... loaded it up and there they were!

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Hand_Texture_Replacements;79355#Download

Someone is dumping copies of STALKER on eBay. I picked up a backup copy for $5 shipped.

I just got done googling and searching for hand textures that look that good... I got the weapon textures which are really nice, but what hand textures are you using?

I read about a great looking set of Mapat hands that were formerly on a website called CDG, but I was unable to locate those textures... What hand textures are you using Flair?

Think I found it... loaded it up and there they were!

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Hand_Texture_Replacements;79355#Download

Those are one of the only few good looking ones. I don't like any of them that show skin because the skin texture is pretty bad. I prefer full sleeve and glove.

Those are one of the only few good looking ones. I don't like any of them that show skin because the skin texture is pretty bad. I prefer full sleeve and glove.

only thing i don't like about them is you can still see the veins of the guy's arm since it's a texture mod not a model mod. to me it just looks like he's got green skin, which is more distracting than the original craptacular look.

After reading this thread I got interested in STALKER and bought it and got the mods been playing OL for awhile now. But I really need help.....

**possible spoiler-not really**
Problem is I am in the X18 lab and just got the papers to bring back to barkeep but there is a white coated dwarf that just wont die and the door us being held closed i really want to progress but this is driving me insane!!

Oh, he'll die... it takes several well placed grenades or several mags of headshots, but he'll die.

Used 400AP bullets from my AK and all my other guns mainly automatics and even all my 11 nades. Maybe im just a shit shot... hehe

He got stuck in a loop and I was just watching him moving in circles and emptied all my ammo into the sucker!

Any tips?

Used 400AP bullets from my AK and all my other guns mainly automatics and even all my 11 nades. Maybe im just a shit shot... hehe

He got stuck in a loop and I was just watching him moving in circles and emptied all my ammo into the sucker!

Any tips?

You need to look up how to make weapons out of artifacts. I think I used burners to kill him.

only thing i don't like about them is you can still see the veins of the guy's arm since it's a texture mod not a model mod. to me it just looks like he's got green skin, which is more distracting than the original craptacular look.

The weird thing is that in the new FarCry2 demo video the 'arm' looks like the same craptacular 'block of wood' forearm as in Stalker. Strange considering all the attention to detail they put in the game elsewhere. Maybe it's time to just have the arm be at 50% opacity and the weapon at 90%.

The weird thing is that in the new FarCry2 demo video the 'arm' looks like the same craptacular 'block of wood' forearm as in Stalker. Strange considering all the attention to detail they put in the game elsewhere. Maybe it's time to just have the arm be at 50% opacity and the weapon at 90%.

i noticed that as well. maybe the answer is to always have the protagonist wear long sleeves.

After reading this thread I got interested in STALKER and bought it and got the mods been playing OL for awhile now. But I really need help.....

**possible spoiler-not really**
Problem is I am in the X18 lab and just got the papers to bring back to barkeep but there is a white coated dwarf that just wont die and the door us being held closed i really want to progress but this is driving me insane!!

grenades, knife, or artifacts will kill the burer. Artifacts are the easy way, place them in his path. fireball is the best. If you dont have artifacts going in, grenades will do.

Had a defective X1900XT, kept artifacting/ruining the game for me, so I quit playing until I decided to pick up an 8800GT for cheap.

Installed OL, float, ST mods. Played 3-4 hours last night and it was GREAT. I am loving this game.

Had a defective X1900XT, kept artifacting/ruining the game for me, so I quit playing until I decided to pick up an 8800GT for cheap.

Installed OL, float, ST mods. Played 3-4 hours last night and it was GREAT. I am loving this game.

yeah the mods really make a difference. runs silky smooth @ max detail 1680x1050 on my 8800GT.

Back