• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 1.0003 Patch issues

Draax

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
5,213
Has anyone else been having issues with the 1.0003 patch? better queston, am I the only one who patched it to 1.0003?

I am having an issue with the FMV cutscenes. In Version 1.0000 and 1.0001 I did not have these problems. Now STALKER usually crashes when it switches to the FMV cutscenes just about the time you hear the gun be put away sound. It doesn't happen at the exact same time, every crash, but it is always near the start of the FMV.

I have the latest graphics / chipset drivers, and the AMD dual core fix, anyone else with this problem?

Other specs are in my sig, including operating system.
 
does it pop up the little error box?

if so go into your STALKER-SOHC in the Users/Public/Documents directory and open up the log file at the end
and look for the FATAL ERROR section..
 
Nope it doesn't pop up that dialog box, just a crash to desktop.
 
my main gripe is the patches mess up your saved games, why bother playing until they get done supporting the game. :rolleyes:




meybe make sure you have all the latest video codecs?
 
my main gripe is the patches mess up your saved games, why bother playing until they get done supporting the game. :rolleyes:

Only the first patch doesn't support saved games. 1.0003 supports them and future versions should, but obviously I can't guarantee they will.
 
The latest patch fixed all my issues that I had with crashing in Vista, and combined with the new nvidia beta drivers, there was a very noticable increase in performance and image quality on my 8800GTX.
 
The 1.0001 patch does. Sure your looking at the right patch? You will still lose your games from 1.0000 however. All my saved games from 1.0001 are fine.
 
I had problems with army warehouses crashing @ client : synchronizing, it was fixed in 1.0003, but I kept getting that problem w/1.0003 both patched install and fresh reinstall w/patch with my previous saves, i had to start a new game. I haven't beaten this game once yet, and im on my 3rd restart.

GSC --> THQ is fuckin up.
 
I know this is an old post, but I thought I would post a follow up.

Last week I became very frustrated with WinXP64xPro, So I decided to format and install the 32 bit version of windows XP Pro. Funny enough, I haven't had a problem in STALKER since, or any other game since. No artifacts, no crashes, no BSODs, nothing.
 
I had problems with army warehouses crashing @ client : synchronizing, it was fixed in 1.0003, but I kept getting that problem w/1.0003 both patched install and fresh reinstall w/patch with my previous saves, i had to start a new game. I haven't beaten this game once yet, and im on my 3rd restart.

GSC --> THQ is fuckin up.

I`m having that same crash at army too,right back to desktop when I go to savegame or inventory.Not one hitch till this point.There`s no way I`m replaying this game again.Is this spot a trouble spot all 3 times for you?
 
The 1.0001 patch does. Sure your looking at the right patch? You will still lose your games from 1.0000 however. All my saved games from 1.0001 are fine.

on filefront it said it deletes them. so i assumed it did.
If you go from 1.0001 to 1.0003 you dont lose the saves. Its the original 1.0001 or the 1.0003 stand alone patch that would make you lose them. In other words when you patch the game for the FIRST time you will lose the saves.
 
I know this is an old post, but I thought I would post a follow up.

Last week I became very frustrated with WinXP64xPro, So I decided to format and install the 32 bit version of windows XP Pro. Funny enough, I haven't had a problem in STALKER since, or any other game since. No artifacts, no crashes, no BSODs, nothing.


Yeah this damn game was so frustrating for me when I first bought it. It seems to work pretty good for me here too now after I installed the latest patch and that float32 thing I saw over at ars forum. Less crashes than before (still get dumped back to desktop but not nearly as bad) and overall better performance wise but still not up to what you would call a stable release for me lol.
 
Back
Top