?'s about max length HDMI cable & other HDMI ?'s

Hitti2

Limp Gawd
?'s about max length HDMI cable & other HDMI ?'s.

I read total length before quality deterioration is 50'? I measured that I need 35' HDMI cable but want to get 40'-50' just for the extra feet.

Running from my GTX 960 to a "i think 720p@60hz" insignia 39" HDTV.

Story is, fam ordered me a TV for late b-day present but I don't know the model or specs, what I went off is that they bought me a insignia 39" HDTV on sale from bestbuy for 139.99, so I searched for closes price to 39" tv is a 720p@60hz.

Second HDMI question is, oxygen free copper or gold plated HDMI cable?

I found this one, oxygen free copper with 24k gold plated contacts.
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-supports-FullHD-Ethernet-KabelDirekt/dp/B00DI895MU

Am I obsessing to much for the best of the best?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Also, I just read the amazon link above.

Important for HDMI Cables 25 Feet or Longer
If you’re buying a 25 ft (or more) cable, you may require an HDMI Repeater to achieve the best possible signal. This strongly depends on your HD device’s configuration, because the signal strength varies from device to device.

Please note: For KabelDirekt HDMI cables an HDMI Repeater is required in less than 1 % of the cases.

Should I get a repeater just incase or will the gtx960 handle it just fine?

forget about contacts or copper content. High quality HDMI cables are 24 AWG or thicker.
amazon has a few scams selling 23awg and 22awg , but the actual product is at most 24awg. beware.

50 foot is right on the absolute upper limit. I bought three different 50’ cables on amazon to try 1080p at 60hz for a projector setup at Church. Only one worked. Twisted Veins is the one that worked.

https://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Veins-Supports-Maximum-Length/dp/B00FX867JC

Try to buy as short a cable as can be used. If you can get by with a 40 or 45’ definitely do that! I’ve had trouble with cables over 30 or 35’ before at 1080p and I think that’s the distance where things start getting iffy for HDMI.

Last edited:
forget about contacts or copper content. High quality HDMI cables are 24 AWG or thicker.
amazon has a few scams selling 23awg and 22awg , but the actual product is at most 24awg. beware.
What website would U recommend, brand n guage?

Atr this length, purchase expecting to return the cable. and go for 35ft if that is what you need.
40ft will be even more problematic.
shorter is better when it comes to HDMI
22 awg? Monoprice.
examples to possible fake 22awg cables: here and here

24awg is a bit easier to find. it is common enough that you can actually buy for price.

the reason i recommended Monoprice for the 22awg is because it is the only advertised 22awg whose price is inline ( aka triple) with what the brand charges for 24awg cables.

if all else fails, for $89 you can get a HDMI extender that works over cat6 cables. cat6 is king when you need to run long cables.

Back