Ryzen - Tweaks?

Still love to know how some people get above 1866 fclk. I've had two 3900x chips and one 3950x and have never gotten 1900 fclk. I've set the SOC voltage as high as I'm comfortable with at 1.11250 and it just doesn't work.

My 3900x runs 1900 w/o issue, SOC at 1.025. I dunno if there's any secret to it, shrugs.

My 3900x runs 1900 w/o issue, SOC at 1.025. I dunno if there's any secret to it, shrugs.

My 3900x runs IF at 1900 with SOC at the standard 1.1v or auto in my case. Only thing I did was ran the RAM at 1.4V instead of 1.35V and get no errors what so ever, only reason I did that was I would get threads in Prime95 that ended but with the volts at 1.4 it is fine.

My 3900x runs IF at 1900 with SOC at the standard 1.1v or auto in my case. Only thing I did was ran the RAM at 1.4V instead of 1.35V and get no errors what so ever, only reason I did that was I would get threads in Prime95 that ended but with the volts at 1.4 it is fine.

You know, I think my SOC is on auto too which equates to 1.1v as well. 1.025v is for VDDG iirc. Dram at 1.4v, I'm guessing you're running 3800mhz DDR4?

You know, I think my SOC is on auto too which equates to 1.1v as well. 1.025v is for VDDG iirc. Dram at 1.4v, I'm guessing you're running 3800mhz DDR4?

I am running DDR4 and it is at 3800 but is 3600 rated. I have not tweaked the timings on it as of yet so it is running at the stock XMP profile.

Random thread necro. Anything a new 5800x owner should do that might not be obvious? Other than installing AMD's chipset drivers (and maybe Ryzen Master for non-BIOS OC'ing) and at least enabling XMP - anything most users neglect to do? I'm coming from almost 20 straight years of using Intel, so I'm just covering my bases.

Random thread necro. Anything a new 5800x owner should do that might not be obvious? Other than installing AMD's chipset drivers (and maybe Ryzen Master for non-BIOS OC'ing) and at least enabling XMP - anything most users neglect to do? I'm coming from almost 20 straight years of using Intel, so I'm just covering my bases.

Probably the best thing that you can do is to sort your RAM. Set your RAM IF frequency as high as is stable; this will usually be 1800 or 1900mhz. You may also need to set your RAM voltage manually; my x570 board thinks my RAM runs 3800mhz @ 1.2v as opposed to the manufacturer-specced voltage of 1.4v which would cause random crashes. You can try messing with the PBO and RAM timings but IME it's a lot of work that won't get you much beyond a slightly higher number in Cinebench.

Back