Ryzen Spy Pics

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Ryzen motherboard images are all over the web now. Here is a couple from Hardware Battle that shows a Ryzen motherboard and CPU about to undergo some LN2 treatments. The admins there have shutdown the thread already. It's all rumor mill spy pictures which is always fun to check out. WCCFTECH is amassing a bunch of them!

The second picture shows the whole test rig in operational mode. The Windows logo can be seen booting up and if you look close enough, you will see that the CPU is running under LN2 cooling. A Multi-meter shows up temperatures of -29C and the site reports that the new samples come with Cold Bug fixed. While AMD hasn’t shown us any demos of Ryzen chips overclocking, extreme overclockers know that AMD chips have had a few cold bug issues in the past and this is to double check whether any issues persist on the latest CPUs.

Does anyone know the PCI lane allocation yet? i keep seeing so many different PCI e 3.0 numbers 24 or 20 or 16 plus 2.0 slots

Does anyone know the PCI lane allocation yet? i keep seeing so many different PCI e 3.0 numbers 24 or 20 or 16 plus 2.0 slots

24 PCI-E 3.0 lanes from the CPU. 4 are dedicated to a chipset (X370, etc.) connection. 16 are for GPU and the remaining 4 are for extra storage - ie: M.2 slot. There are 8 PCI-E 2.0 lanes from the chipset. I believe the processor also has 2 SATA 3 ports onboard and the chipset has another 4.

Last edited:
24 PCI-E 3.0 lanes from the CPU. 4 are dedicated to a chipset (X370, etc.) connection. 16 are for GPU and the remaining 4 are for extra storage - ie: M.2 slot. There are 8 PCI-E 2.0 lanes from the chipset. I believe the processor also has 2 SATA 3 ports onboard and the chipset has another 4.
That looks great i was hoping to have the full for the video, 4 for NVME drive, and extras for another m2 sata, the MSI titanium is looking nice too me.

Its right under the CPU, has a plate over it, apparently its some new fandangled cooling plate.
It's a biostar m.2 cooling plate. I have no clue if it's effective at all. I don't normally see reviews for biostar boards, but check out their z270 gt9 and you'll see it on there.
The gt9 is a pretty neat board as it's the only one i'm aware of that has a 10gbit ethernet port. It's also fairly expensive because of that.

The problem with these leaks come from supplying chips to any shmucko youtube "reviewer". Ever since Jaztwononsense came on the scene it seems like real tech journalists have gone downhill. These are not people who have been in the industry, they are personalities for the adhd/snowflake crowd. It was an art...and still is in a few cases. Which is why I still come here. I have ADHD btw :p

chipset has 6 i believe for a total of 8 on the x370/x300 and 6 on the B350 and i'm guessing on the A320 as well.(source: http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-architecture-detailed/ near the middle of the article which lists out the potential features that can be used on the motherboards)

It's a biostar m.2 cooling plate. I have no clue if it's effective at all. I don't normally see reviews for biostar boards, but check out their z270 gt9 and you'll see it on there.
The gt9 is a pretty neat board as it's the only one i'm aware of that has a 10gbit ethernet port. It's also fairly expensive because of that.

biostars been kicking butt the last 5-6 years with their boards. it's just sadly taken way to long for them to shake off the bad name they got from fry's always using their bottom barrel boards and ECS's boards in their cheapo cpu/board combo sales.

Last edited:
I couldn't see an M.2 slot in that picture.

Not really related to the AMD aspect, but as much as I love M2 drives (my mobo has two) the worst part of that whole aspect is that absolutely tiny microscopic screw. i have a jewelers screw driver set, but actually getting ahold of the screw itself and getting it seated properly takes me forever.

Even though you aren't swapping M2 drives all that often, it would be worth a few bucks easy for a manufacturer to put some sort of easy clip/release button to hold down M2 drives instead of that micro screw.

Not really related to the AMD aspect, but as much as I love M2 drives (my mobo has two) the worst part of that whole aspect is that absolutely tiny microscopic screw. i have a jewelers screw driver set, but actually getting ahold of the screw itself and getting it seated properly takes me forever.

Even though you aren't swapping M2 drives all that often, it would be worth a few bucks easy for a manufacturer to put some sort of easy clip/release button to hold down M2 drives instead of that micro screw.

And that is why you should magnetize your screwdrivers. Completely takes care of having to try to get the screw in the right place by hand.

And that is why you should magnetize your screwdrivers. Completely takes care of having to try to get the screw in the right place by hand.

My household and basic computer set is magnetized, but the only ones that will actually fit those micro screws are specific jeweler screwdriver and it's not magnetized. Even better than a little clip system would be a pressure clasp with integrated heat sink on it since a few of the high performance M2 drives I've played with have throttling issues under high use.

*shrugs* I'm old school in the fact I was raised that magnetic anything is a no-no around computer gear, with solid state making much headway I know it's not THAT much of an issue anymore, still old habits die hard.

Wives and Girlfriends are there for finding dropped screws as they always manage to tread on them. They are useful for some things.

Not that I can tell what link speed these slots are at, but each of the PCI-E slots on that board in the WTFTech article are 16x electrical.

So we can buy this thing in 12 days yet we dont know anything really. Amd has all ryzen info as tight as area51.

If the [H] is still posting info does that mean they aren't breaking NDA and thus didn't get a review sample? Oh boy I hope I'm wrong.

My household and basic computer set is magnetized, but the only ones that will actually fit those micro screws are specific jeweler screwdriver and it's not magnetized. Even better than a little clip system would be a pressure clasp with integrated heat sink on it since a few of the high performance M2 drives I've played with have throttling issues under high use.

*shrugs* I'm old school in the fact I was raised that magnetic anything is a no-no around computer gear, with solid state making much headway I know it's not THAT much of an issue anymore, still old habits die hard.
Go to that NEW school that they just finished building around the corner, makes life so much simpler. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Precision-Magnetizer-Demagnetizer-3601H/204664387

So we can buy this thing in 12 days yet we dont know anything really. Amd has all ryzen info as tight as area51.

if any major leak comes out intel can go in to damage control and slash the prices of everything then people won't wait and buy intel.

i wonder if ryzen is even in store warehouses yet?

"Racing" ? Is Vin Diesel going to pop out of those carbon fiber heat-sinks and overclock my rig?

if any major leak comes out intel can go in to damage control and slash the prices of everything then people won't wait and buy intel.

i wonder if ryzen is even in store warehouses yet?

Except that's not how Intel operates, and they'd never do that - they don't need to.

Except that's not how Intel operates, and they'd never do that - they don't need to.

was this debunked??

https://translate.google.com/transl...repare-la-riposte-a-ryzen/&edit-text=&act=url

Last autumn, Intel's marketing teams published a succinct presentation on future AMD processors based on the Zen architecture (Ryzen). The goal was to reassure salespeople and provide them with an argument to answer questions from their customers. In essence, the presentation indicated that there was nothing to fear from Zen (especially on the performance side).

Since then, things seem to have changed. The latest reports confirm that the upcoming Ryzen - which will be officially announced on March 2 - represent a serious threat to Intel's hegemony. Intel's communication department is now trying to avoid at all costs the humiliation that would represent a Ryzen comparable to the Core i7 6900K (1200 €) for a much lower price. Adjustments to the tariff schedule are becoming inevitable and are being finalized. Nevertheless, this is a last-resort solution that represents a confession of indisputable weakness. In the rest of the range, the response is also organized.

"...The latest reports confirm that the upcoming Ryzen - which will be officially announced on March 2 - represent a serious threat to Intel's hegemony..."
If the dusk of the Netburst era taught the industry one thing, it was that it will take a lot more than a single product generation by a company the size of AMD to get a behemoth like Intel seriously concerned.

Back