"Ryzen Optimized" FlareX B-Die on Intel systems?

entropism

2[H]4U
Simple, stupid question: Can you use the FlareX "ryzen" ram on intel systems?

I ended up getting 16gb of the B Die, 3200Mhz cas 14 from Newegg on Black Friday for a 1700X build, and I've decided to return the CPU/Board and go with an 8700K build.

The prices on ram are a LOT more expensive now that BF is over, and I'd rather not RMA anything if I don't actually need to. So can you use "Ryzen" focused ram sets on Intel based systems?

should work fine. found a few reviews that tested the ram specifically on intel platforms..

I'm using 4x8GB sticks of it now in my X299 build. Works fine at XMP settings (3200mhz, Cas 14, 1.35V).

Of course, you could sell it and get cheaper memory and pocket the difference.

Thanks guys. Got it up and running in a Gigabyte Gaming 7. Now I just need to see about OCing this 8700K.

Intel systems are not as picky with ram as Ryzen. I actually never looked at a QVL for any Intel system I built.

Of course, you could sell it and get cheaper memory and pocket the difference.
Intel systems are not as picky with ram as Ryzen. I actually never looked at a QVL for any Intel system I built.

Both of these- no need to keep the investment as the Ryzen-specific stuff seems to have shot through the roof, but generally speaking if you can't set the RAM to XMP and have it work on Intel, the RAM's defective.

Turns out, the ram is defective. Barely stable at stock clocks when I turn on XMP profile, and I have to put it at 2400Mhz to do any sort of stress testing.

RMAing it for a refund to Newegg, can't exchange because I bought these for $175 on black friday, and now every set of 3000 or 3200 ram they have is like $200+. Going to end up getting EVGA or Corsair ram at Microcenter. Might swap this dog of an 8700K when I do, it's unstable at any voltage over 4.8k. My luck is total shit this build.

Back