Ryzen non QVL memory compatibility

Kato1144

Limp Gawd
As with all new platforms there is growing pains, Ryzen.. memory compatibility has been hit or miss for many, but some lucky few have managed to get some non QVL mem to work on there Ryzen system, so I figured why not make a thread were people list memory that works and memory that does not work at full speed/at all for Ryzen, pls also list the MOBD and BIOS rev at the time of testing, this should help others get memory that is more available and just as good as the some times rare QVL high speed ram.

using a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 BIOS Rev F5d (Beta)
G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8x2) F4-3200C14-8GVR non QVL memory at time of posting

-Default 2036 MHz works on current Rev and out of the box (Original BIOS on my MOBD was reporting speeds of 2036-2999 it was really unstable looking, I used Q-flash right way)
-using manual tuning to increase the mem frequency would result in a crash, the memory voltage at 1.35v made no difference.
-Using XMP allowed the memory to run at 3200Mhz at proper timings 1.35v
-I did all my tuning in the UEFI to avoid any irregularities that are being seen with software tuners right now

Conclusion, F4-3200C14-8GVR is more then compatible with the Gigabyte gaming 5 with the latest BIOS rev, you can post with it before you update the BIOS, I would not try using XMP out of the box as it was reported having issues in Ryzen's early days..

CPUz mem1.PNG
cpuz mem2.PNG
cpuz mobd.PNG
cpuz cpu3.7.PNG

Hope this helps,

-using manual tuning to increase the mem frequency would result in a crash, the memory voltage at 1.35v made no difference.
-Using XMP allowed the memory to run at 3200Mhz at proper timings 1.35v

That's important, IMO. If you just try to dial in a higher frequency, it will most likely fail. Sometimes it fails even if you try to manually replicate all the subtimings and the voltage from the XMP profile. However as soon as you apply the XMP profile, it works fine. My guess is that bugs cause the BIOS to ignore some manual settings but XMP makes it apply them.

This was the case with my Vengeance LPX 3000. Couldn't POST above 2133, but with XMP/D.O.C.P. it's 100% stable at 2933 (haven't tried anything higher).

Asus Prime B350-Plus
Bios 0503

G.Skill F4-3000C16D-16GISB
16GB total, 2 x 8GB
https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c16d-16gisb

Enable DOCP in the bios and it will be detected at 2933
worked for a little bit but then wouldn't boot up once so I dropped the speed
still keep DOCP enabled, but change speed to 2666
no issues at that speed so far

This is cheap ram at Microcenter
http://www.microcenter.com/product/474187/16GB_8GB_x_2_DDR4-3000_PC4-24000_Desktop_Memory_Kit
Single sided, single rank, no heatspreaders, just stickers that look like heatspreaders
Microcenter screwed up the part number on the website so follow the g.skill link above for details
not sure of memory ic, it may be Samsung, but I'm not sure
probably won't work at 2666 with 4 sticks
decent ram for a cheap price

Back