RX 5600 / 5600XT Thread

Nightfire

2[H]4U
There are some new rumors about the RX 5600 series coming out next year:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccfte...-graphics-card-january-2020-launch-rumor/amp/

The big piece of information is the 6 GB of GDDR6 which should allow it to be slotted in the GTX 1660 Super / RTX 2060 level and hopefully the $250 area.

The 6 GB of memory would allude to a 192 GB bus which is the first for AMD I can remember in recent history. This should make for a solid 1080p ultra / 1440p high card depending on the title.

$250 would be a tough sell - regular 5700s can frequently be found for $280.

(Dell has a Radeon 5700 for $279 right now).

Much lower than that and they’d be 8gb 5500xt territory though. They just don’t have a place to fit price-wise.

I don't really understand the point, basically there's nothing new in terms of performance... Really hasn't been much improvement with the last gen of Nvidia either.

/shrug, reference Radeon 5700 is reference Radeon 5700, if it's a good price who cares where you get it from?

/shrug, reference Radeon 5700 is reference Radeon 5700, if it's a good price who cares where you get it from?
As per discussion, it is NOT representative of the typical price so you are misrepresenting the Radeon product stack - ie how the 5600 fits between the 5500 and 5700.

Edit: MSRP would be the the price to use.

RX5500 4GB - $169
RX5500 8GB - $199

RX5600 EST. - $250 - $275

RX5700 - $349
RX5700XT - $399

Looks like a fit to me.

Last edited:
My guess is the 5600 XT will use the same gpu as 5700 with 192bit with some other stuff cut down.
They will limit the power on the XT so it won't be able to be overclocked by partners to compete with the 5700 in performance.

Price, 299$.

As per discussion, it is NOT representative of the typical price so you are misrepresenting the Radeon product stack - ie how the 5600 fits between the 5500 and 5700.

Edit: MSRP would be the the price to use.

RX5500 4GB - $169
RX5500 8GB - $199

RX5600 EST. - $250 - $275

RX5700 - $349
RX5700XT - $399

Looks like a fit to me.

Eh, when I see the 8GB cards regularly selling at $199 for the non basic model, I'll take that price seriously. Right now they start at $203 and are up to $240. MSI's gaming X model is $220.

Eh, when I see the 8GB cards regularly selling at $199 for the non basic model, I'll take that price seriously. Right now they start at $203 and are up to $240. MSI's gaming X model is $220.

We are discussing 5600 price so for the sake of the argument - 8GB 5500 @ 199 to 220 doesn't really matter that much, if at all.

We are discussing 5600 price so for the sake of the argument - 8GB 5500 @ 199 to 220 doesn't really matter that much, if at all.

I'd argue it does but the devil is in the details and we'll see how well it does against the 1660Super or Ti. If it beats and is equal or less in price they might have a winner. Given current trends, well AMD better hope they have a winner and they drop prices on the 5500 cards once polaris cards dry up.

I'd argue it does but the devil is in the details and we'll see how well it does against the 1660Super or Ti. If it beats and is equal or less in price they might have a winner. Given current trends, well AMD better hope they have a winner and they drop prices on the 5500 cards once polaris cards dry up.

Why? AMD is doing fine on the CPU end and have top selling cards on amazon now. AMD is seeking higher framerates through driver variable resolution and shading. One card release isn't going to make or break anything.

Why? AMD is doing fine on the CPU end and have top selling cards on amazon now. AMD is seeking higher framerates through driver variable resolution and shading. One card release isn't going to make or break anything.

Lets just say AMD does not have a great record and I'll believe it when I see it. These cards are late to the party as usual and I am no longer willing to risk any of their first gen stuff. I'll wait till they've worked out the bugs.

Your original statement was "Given current trends, well AMD better hope they have a winner and they drop prices on the 5500 cards once polaris cards dry up."

They are selling at their price point. CPUs can carry them. SO "AMD better hope they have a winnner". My response to that is no, one card won't matter too much. 5600 means little other than filling a price point in the product stack.

RDNA2 on Big Navi - 5900 and the console APU are much more important.

Lets just say AMD does not have a great record and I'll believe it when I see it. These cards are late to the party as usual and I am no longer willing to risk any of their first gen stuff. I'll wait till they've worked out the bugs.

Personally, I don't blame you for waiting though. I am waiting for the technology to mature as well. Everyone who spent a lot of money on 1080s are seeing subpar framerates with "RTX ON".

So a 5700 with gimped bandwidth. I uses 12 gbps GDDR6 so I can't see it being faster on average than the 1660ti given Nvidia's more efficient memory controller. Still, it does use a 5700 gpu so some games may really do well on it.

Your original statement was "Given current trends, well AMD better hope they have a winner and they drop prices on the 5500 cards once polaris cards dry up."

They are selling at their price point. CPUs can carry them. SO "AMD better hope they have a winnner". My response to that is no, one card won't matter too much. 5600 means little other than filling a price point in the product stack.

RDNA2 on Big Navi - 5900 and the console APU are much more important.

Personally, I don't blame you for waiting though. I am waiting for the technology to mature as well. Everyone who spent a lot of money on 1080s are seeing subpar framerates with "RTX ON".
Who was buying a 1080 for RTX? If you mean 2080, then it’s all the RTX cards that don’t give stellar ray tracing performance, but I don’t think many if anyone expected new tech to be stellar- Nvidia shipped the card with nothing that supported the tech.

Looks like stock 5600 boost clocks will be down just slightly from the Rx 5700:
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/msi-radeon-rx-5600-xt-mech-series-leaks.html

For bandwidth limited games (worse case scenario), we can expect 67% of 5700xt performance or 1660 Super-like.

For those that don't require much bandwidth (best case scenario), we can expect around 95% of RX 5700 performance or RTX 2060-like

On average, I expect Vega 56 like performance.

Reactions: Auer
like this
Back