• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

RX 480 AIO brackets

Streiw

Bad Santa Gifter 2016
Joined
May 9, 2015
Messages
505
I'd like to mount my H55 to my top RX 480, what's the most cost effective solution available that aren't zip ties?
 
Im honestly not sure that a solution is available yet. I know Full blocks are available but that is not what you are going for.
 
Im honestly not sure that a solution is available yet. I know Full blocks are available but that is not what you are going for.


Yeah, I thought about hacking my H55 up and making it into a little custom loop, but that'd be a terribly inefficient use of money. I might have to try the old zip tie method.
 
would it be possible to 3d print something out of abs? I dont have a 480, but the ABS plastic I have should withstand the temps, if someone here is nifty with 3d design software or can rustle up some measurements, I'd be happy to print some prototypes for free...
 
would it be possible to 3d print something out of abs? I dont have a 480, but the ABS plastic I have should withstand the temps, if someone here is nifty with 3d design software or can rustle up some measurements, I'd be happy to print some prototypes for free...
Interesting idea and it be cool to see this happen. You have the printer at home or easy access at work? How much those things and material cost?
 
would it be possible to 3d print something out of abs? I dont have a 480, but the ABS plastic I have should withstand the temps, if someone here is nifty with 3d design software or can rustle up some measurements, I'd be happy to print some prototypes for free...

Hell, that sounds amazing. I'd even pay ya for one. ;D
 
Interesting idea and it be cool to see this happen. You have the printer at home or easy access at work? How much those things and material cost?

I have a modified printrbot sitting inside an enclosure I built with a pc under it i can remote into and I print using simplify3D, I usually print vaping stuff like my box mods with it. It is by no means an up to date printer but I like to print as a hobby.

probably about 600-700 invested in it, bought it a few years ago, the abs cost 15-30 bucks per roll depending on quality or color. A single roll would probably print a metric fuck ton of these adapter plates/retention brackets.

examples of printer output below:

http://i.imgur.com/EGgIGE8.png

http://i.imgur.com/yf1hJbp.png

http://i.imgur.com/b744Vzn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fTVwroK.png

http://i.imgur.com/meC0wT9.png

http://i.imgur.com/mt2XzLu.png

http://i.imgur.com/FNEPIPv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uDWW4kL.png

http://i.imgur.com/0dSeBYH.png

http://i.imgur.com/WpnCbwh.png

http://i.imgur.com/X3vHskD.png
 
Last edited:
Back
Top