Rust

nvgrim

[H]ard|Gawd
Who here plays Rust? It has turned into one of my favorite games over the past year or so and i am addicted. I played it during alpha and i hated it, but these past two years they have really been pumping out content and making the game so much better. I play solo or with a duo/trio. Ive played in a huge zerg before 8+ people and didnt like it, felt too easy and cheap so i stick to solo/duo/trio servers now.

Reaperkk

[H]ard|Gawd
I haven't played since alpha, back before the engine overhaul. I enjoyed it but stopped playing. I picked it up again after its release and I just kept getting killed so I quickly fell off from playing.

nvgrim

[H]ard|Gawd
I haven't played since alpha, back before the engine overhaul. I enjoyed it but stopped playing. I picked it up again after its release and I just kept getting killed so I quickly fell off from playing.
Its definitely as buzzkill when you get immedialty killed when you spawn. What i usually do when im solo is run straight to the outpost and build near there to get a start base going and then plan out where i want to live. Ill just throw down a 1x2 with two furnaces and some storage. Dying though is an eventual part of the game and you will die and lose a full gear set or inventory at some point. If you are playing solo rust then i highly reccomend playing on a solo only or solo/duo server as you can get destroyed fast on the big boy servers like rustafied. I dont play on huge pop servers either, max of 150 people.

Reaperkk

[H]ard|Gawd
I'll have to give it a go soon, maybe this weekend as I've wrapped up a lot of other games.

nvgrim

[H]ard|Gawd
I'll have to give it a go soon, maybe this weekend as I've wrapped up a lot of other games.
id definitely recommend looking at community or modded servers, modded especially if you dont have a ton of time to farm and just want a base up. 2x modded servers are nice, anything higher though and it feels like cheating not even rust.

FighterAce124

2[H]4U
I like the game, but I dont enjoy PVP at all, so its really a poor game for me. Unless they've added massive amounts of stuff, its pretty boring to play on a PvE server... I just dont have the skills and reactions needed to fight the players of games like this any more - 15 years ago probably, but not now.

nvgrim

[H]ard|Gawd
I like the game, but I dont enjoy PVP at all, so its really a poor game for me. Unless they've added massive amounts of stuff, its pretty boring to play on a PvE server... I just dont have the skills and reactions needed to fight the players of games like this any more - 15 years ago probably, but not now.
Well the PvE in this game is kinda crap and the PvE servers with zombies get old real fast. Have you messed around with the electricty stuff? Its pretty in depth and you can make some cool circuts and base defense traps. I know the meta nowadays is rush to get to T3 bench on day 1 of wipe, but i dont really stick to the meta and play at my own pace. Yeah i wont get as far as most groups, but i still have fun playing. Usually will do this untill i get raided or the server pop dies before wipe days.

nvgrim

[H]ard|Gawd
the naked game? people still play this?
Yeah? They release a big update the first Thursday of every month and they have been adding a ton of content. It actually hit its all time high of players not too long ago. Its not the same game as it was even 3-4 years ago. It has improved by a tenfold

Yeah? They release a big update the first Thursday of every month and they have been adding a ton of content. It actually hit its all time high of players not too long ago. Its not the same game as it was even 3-4 years ago. It has improved by a tenfold
alright you got me, ill put it on my wishlist and get it on its next sale. expect to see my genitals flopping on YOUR server soon!