Running stats/ads/other basic info on a TV?

Jon55

2[H]4U
I have a client who owns a golf course. They want to set up a TV in their main lobby, and on this TV would show maybe the date/time, top daily golfer stats, simple ads such as "Try our new hot dogs!", and stuff like that. Think of a dashboard kind of setup. Is there even such a program/device/service out there?

There are digital signage products out there, and many are reasonably priced. You can even roll your own with something like Xibo and providing some hardware. Alternatively, you could display (or create) a webpage that shows what you want, and display the page over an HDMI connection to the TV.

I've done this for shiny stores. Go with a web page, run the browser in KIOSK mode.

Thing is, that one time they WANTED this thing to run on the TV itself. Turned out none of those expensive smart TVs do not allow you to hide the address bar and other stuff. So, in the end, I ended up using a very small mountable PC on the back. I am sure a tablet would do as well. I am sure most tables these days have HDMI.

I have several of these setup, small Viewsonic VOT132 PC running Win7 with auto logon, and google as the shell with a specific URL page
LINKY

Back