[Rumour] Intel to cut back on Arc discrete GPU

This makes the most sense since we all know Intel can't touch AMD and Nvidia no matter what. On the other hand low or even mid range cards don't need to prove to anyone with performance, and they can price it low and hopefully penetrate the market. Also, AMD and Nvidia have left the low and mid range market mostly alone. I don't believe they have sub $200 cards in the market.
I agree it seems like a decent market to make a few bucks and get their feet wet. I know every generation they are stuck there will annoy their leadership though. I can't see them putting up with Intel = value brand for too long.

Of course they need those datacenter/super computer GPUs to sell complete 100% intel Solutions. I'm sure they the US gov will throw a bunch (ok they already have) of big contracts for more super computers calling for 1,000s of Intel GPU units. So with all the real money and research going that way.... who knows perhaps at some point Intel really does have some super chip that has cast offs that are worth selling into something more then low end offerings.

Back