Rumor: Sony Has A "Megaton Announcement" In The Works For E3

Epic to Announce PS3 Exclusive

There have been numerous reports of Sony mounting a big announcement at E3. Even though E3 is always filled with major announcements, thus far, Sony has been on the receiving end for a major Metal Gear Solid announcement and Square Enix MMO announcement. Let’s add one more to the mix.

Next Tuesday Sony and Epic Games will announce a brand-new horror based title exclusively for the PS3. The game will be utilizing the more refined Unreal Engine 3 than found in Gears of War 2.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...ner~y2009m5d29-Epic-to-Announce-PS3-Exclusive

I hope this isn't the megaton. I'm not really a fan of Epic anymore.

Still, this is good news. I'm glad there are some more developers jumping onto the PS3, more great games are always welcome :)

The long rumored PSP phone would be cool. While we're tossing out long shots.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I'm really hoping some of these suggestions are dead-on, because otherwise I'm still not buying a PS3 (and I really want one with Linux dammit!)

psp trophy support with the first game supporting trophies as uncharted 2 protable!

Fallout: New Vegas seems to be already tagged for PS3, so it can't be about that. I'm going with FO3 DLC then, because that's the only thing that make sense given the wording.

well the psp go has been leaked over at engadget and it looks fuckin sweet!!

If Yet Another PSP is a "megaton announcement", then that was quite some hyperbole.

More like a "cherrybomb announcement", if that. From what I can see they needed to put out new hardware to try and curb all the warezing going on on the PSP, keeping devs away.

If it works is another matter...

The new PSP is not the megaton IMO.

It's already leaked. The megaton is something supposedly still a secret.

I've got a feeling it is summat to do with PS2 BC. Guess we will see soon enough.
That would be very big news and definitely necessary (for me to be heavily persuaded to buy a PS3) imo. I think it would be appropriate for a "megaton" announcement.

That would be very big news and definitely necessary (for me to be heavily persuaded to buy a PS3) imo. I think it would be appropriate for a "megaton" announcement.

Restoring old features to the ps3 that it used to have would be a megaton?

Yes for me it would be. And yeah Sony should have had it all along, but I think it should be in every console at this point.

Yes for me it would be. Yeah Sony should have had it all along, but I think it should be in every console.

I'm just saying I doubt they would have the balls to say "hey, our big announcement is that we ungimped the system that we previously gimped, now be excited!"

If I didn't have a full bc PS3 I'd be interested in that, but it's not a "here's our big announcement for E3" type thing.

technoob said:
I'm just saying I doubt they would have the balls to say "hey, our big announcement is that we ungimped the system that we previously gimped, now be excited!"

If I didn't have a full bc PS3 I'd be interested in that, but it's not a "here's our big announcement for E3" type thing.
They are very unpredictable and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't deliver on their big announcement but I understand what you are saying and you are right that it would be pretty weak however it would be huge news for any PS3 owner without BC which I'm sure make up a very large majority of owners.

Not to mention they will throw a feed on Home, it will not be a live, but hey... exclusive thing from Sony on Home! I know for sure i will be there watching it. Cant wait for Tuesday!

Maybe they will open source the PS3 firmware for the future?

If it is a FF7 remake i have faith that they will not F it up.. all the other remakes that they have been doing for the DS have been great thus far.
But at the same time, I hope it's not the FF7 remake... that would make me want a PS3, and I don't want a PS3 (unless a price drop comes with it).

If it is a FF7 remake
It's not. At best, they'll announce that the PSN release of FF7 is coming out this week, in coordination with Advent Children Complete. That's how it went down in Japan.

I'm a Sony supporter but even I'm going to say: No one is the almighty king of the overhyped letdown more than Sony is. Don't fall for it again, folks.

I'm a Sony supporter but even I'm going to say: No one is the almighty king of the overhyped letdown more than Sony is. Don't fall for it again, folks.

Oh i dont know about that. Remember the big Sega announcement back in 2005?. They hyped the secret announcement to hell and the net filled with Dreamcast 2 rumours. Then they say they are publishing Matrix: Path of Neo and nobody gave a shit.:D Crushed a lot of dreams back then.

Sony can't be too happy about the MGS on Xbox thing, but on the upside it brings what is an awesome franchise to a wider audience, which is a win for gamers.

Last edited:
Most people realized the next MGS game would be multiplatform.
It was the highlight of MS's keynote.

They didn't announce any new exclusive games. Who didn't expect to see Forza 3, Crackdown 2, and the Halo spin off ? They spent a lot of time hyping their new waggle and facebook/twitter, hooks though. Yup.

I know, it was a joke.

A joke about how MGS, sonys flagship exclusive game series, is no longer exclusive.

Ah, alright. I had a feeling it might have been but you never know around these parts. :p

I know, it was a joke.

A joke about how MGS, sonys flagship exclusive game series, is no longer exclusive.

And how that's going to be pretty big deal for hardcore Sony peeps, so it's the bad kind of Megaton announcement.

It's okay though, because apparently MS didn't announce anything interesting anyway...

...according to crazy, bitter, sony fans.

Truthfully, I'm totally getting a PSP GO!, ... if you can actually DL games for it in Europe, ever.

The MGS series wasn't exclusive to the Sony console anyway. Just more popular on the Sony platform.

Sony has a lot of work to do to top microsoft this year. The full body controller thing isnt my thing, but its probably gonna be extremely popular.

I think their megaton announcement has to do with hardware.. or that a PSP will come with every ps3 from now on LOL.

Worldwide release in 4th quarter 2009 with damage and weather.

I think the secret megaton is a new AAA exclusive. Likely 1st party, but who knows?

I thought it was already coming in 2009? If not, wtf are they doing :)

ps3 extended edition.
7221e5c8ec6b08ef6d3f9ff3ce6eb1d1.gif

Back