Rumor - RTX 3080

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Ok so here we go ... another 14 minutes of talk talk talk talk talk yap yap yap yap yap

But the guy talks, hold on have to drink some water from all the talking, about the RTX 3080

Rumor yup! But posting it to share that nVidia or someone is leaking the next big thang!

I dont know ... some crap about this and that and Christmas and some kids, some ads, then finally about 2:30 or some such time into the video a short little slide about the 3080 is posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: dgz
like this
Time will tell what we actually get, but at this point AMD isn't really in the high end game, so chances are I'll have to buy whatever the 2080ti successor is.

Rumors are fun, but there's probably 6+ months before we hear anything vaguely official about a new gaming oriented GPU from Nvidia.

My bid on what we get with the 3k series, die shrink and more tensor cores.

I really don't care. A 3080 or similar product, will undoubtedly be grossly expensive. I know this is [H], but I'm not interested in dropping dough on a product like that. And really, for that kind of money----of course there will be ever more powerful options. There's no surprise there. Its brute force shelling out dough for performance.

Where we really need movement, is in the mid-range. AMD helped shake up the mid-range a bit with the recent 5700 series. But....I would like to see even more aggressive products. Especially considering we are about to step into a new generation for game engines. Current mid/high mid cards like a 5600xt, RTX2060, 5700, RTX2060 super, 5700XT, RTX2070: are pretty solid for 1440p in current games and great for 1080p. But, those cards will likely have a reality check when true next gen games start hitting.

Rumors are fun, but there's probably 6+ months before we hear anything vaguely official about a new gaming oriented GPU from Nvidia.

My bid on what we get with the 3k series, die shrink and more tensor cores.

No doubt. nV is going to ride Turing until the tires fall off. My guess is in Q2 they will be forced to drop prices (and/or rebadge) with the release of new Radeons, but an actual new chip(s) is a long way off e.g. Q4 '20.

I am surprised nvidia is working on 2080 successor. It's been only year and a half!

I Thought he was quitting YouTube because he was moving and wanted to spend time with his family.

I Thought he was quitting YouTube because he was moving and wanted to spend time with his family.

Not at all, he had to move to Florida from South Africa because of the terrible illness his son is dealing with. Otherwise, they would have stayed in South Africa but, he was never going to quit Youtube.

I really don't care. A 3080 or similar product, will undoubtedly be grossly expensive. I know this is [H], but I'm not interested in dropping dough on a product like that. And really, for that kind of money----of course there will be ever more powerful options. There's no surprise there. Its brute force shelling out dough for performance.

Where we really need movement, is in the mid-range. AMD helped shake up the mid-range a bit with the recent 5700 series. But....I would like to see even more aggressive products. Especially considering we are about to step into a new generation for game engines. Current mid/high mid cards like a 5600xt, RTX2060, 5700, RTX2060 super, 5700XT, RTX2070: are pretty solid for 1440p in current games and great for 1080p. But, those cards will likely have a reality check when true next gen games start hitting.

That’s always where we need the most advancement, because very few people can afford or justify a $1200 video card if they can get an adequate gaming experience at the $500-$600 level.

oh boy, can't wait to see how much that baby is gonna cost because "like Nvidia really seems to have the GPU department in the bag" (4:18 in the video)

Regarding CPU's ... so did Intel ;)

that guy in the video reminds me of a cut scene in Mass Effect 2 where Shepherd says to Mordin, "for the love of God, take a breath!"

Last edited:
Nvidia really needs to rethink their pricing for their next gen cards...

Does this one come with the free space invaders game? AKA: Kyle's failed 2070...

Right now I don't feel I have a choice.

I'll stop buying top end products when every title has 1% framerates at 60fps or greater at 4k Ultra settings on something cheaper.

Back