Rumor - mining driver for 1060

No info from article on what the hash rate will be with the drivers... and no mention of whether it'll work on other nvidia cards

Please be true. And soon. This just arrived today :D

DTwihzHr.jpg

Please be true. And soon. This just arrived today :D

RIGHT?!?!?! I've been pricing out some 1060's today due to this news, plus they are probably the best bang for buck mining card that's actually available.

I'll have 7-8 1060's for sale in about a week or so. I'll give you guys first crack at them.

Dibs? Are they 3 or 6gb versions?

Both. Asus, evga and zotac cards. I'm just going to take the average price on eBay, remove the fees they would take plus another $5 below that, so everybody gets a deal and I don't have to deal with eBay people.

can a Linux miner run both AMD and Nvidia?

was looking to get a few 1060's to go with my 470

Yeah it can, but it's easier not to deal with. Segregate your green and red teams and you'll have less issues.

TY

will do after I get a few more $'s

for now I have one 470 going to get a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 192-Bit GDDR5 @ $209 +Tax

maybe just go 1060's for now if this works out

I hope it also works with the GTX1070.

BTW what's the hashrate on a GTX1060?

I hope it also works with the GTX1070.

BTW what's the hashrate on a GTX1060?

On what? swings wildy. Coins with CUDA miners do better than coins with Open Cl miners on those.

Data is out there if you pick a coin, but look for a written review on coin forums, one line in a spreadsheet is not good data.

On what? swings wildy. Coins with CUDA miners do better than coins with Open Cl miners on those.

Data is out there if you pick a coin, but look for a written review on coin forums, one line in a spreadsheet is not good data.
Well ethereum seems to be the popular one. I'm doing 32mhs on a GTX 1070. I was thinking of getting a second one but maybe 2x GTX1060 would be better.

Well ethereum seems to be the popular one. I'm doing 32mhs on a GTX 1070. I was thinking of getting a second one but maybe 2x GTX1060 would be better.

18-21MH/s. For a card that matches the 480's so easily at gaming we all hoped for more, that's why I'm hoping this rumour here is really true.

18-21MH/s. For a card that matches the 480's so easily at gaming we all hoped for more, that's why I'm hoping this rumour here is really true.
If the nivida stand alone crypto miner rumor is true, the GTX1060 should do 25MHS. for the projected 200mhs for 8 cards. You can't do that even with extreme overclocking so It would have to be drivers.

If the nivida stand alone crypto miner rumor is true, the GTX1060 should do 25MHS. for the projected 200mhs for 8 cards. You can't do that even with extreme overclocking so It would have to be drivers.

That's what I was thinking yesterday. I've been debating throwing one more machine together with a few 1070s or 1060s. If this driver works for 1060s only, I'd go that route. If it shows similar improvements to the rest of the line, I'd kick myself for not buying 1070s though.

Kinda wish I had kept my 1070s instead of selling them when I bought the 1080 Ti.

I would hope it would work on the entire Pascal linup instead of just the 1060. Like would be like AMD releasing adriver just for the 470, but not the 480. Very interested to see what comes of this

I keep looking at 1060s but they are still so overpriced, I managed to Snag a 580 and 4 570s with a bitcoin I had in a random wallet a week ago for less than what a 1060 6GB cost despite the markups. Charging more for an inferior product just shows how strong of a brand name they have, and yes I'm talking gaming and specific games that I play. That missing 7/MHs adds up over numerous cards so it's a hard pill to swallow with ROI being lower and possible crash of Pricing.

I did grab a 1050Ti just to see how it would handle ZEC 170Sol/s Heavy OC and 1070 Mobile variant is 420Sol/S light OC

I wouldn't buy up a bunch of 1060's quite yet. For all we know, Nvidia will restrict the mining drivers to their new mining SKUs..

I wouldn't buy up a bunch of 1060's quite yet. For all we know, Nvidia will restrict the mining drivers to their new mining SKUs..

Miners have been hacking drivers since they discovered the first bitcoin could be mined with a GPU.

I would hope it would work on the entire Pascal linup instead of just the 1060. Like would be like AMD releasing adriver just for the 470, but not the 480. Very interested to see what comes of this

I didn't mean "work" I meant show the same improvements that it seems might be out there. If that driver can increase a 1060's performance by 25% (assuming the general 20Mh/s for a normal 1060 and the extrapolated 25Mh/s from their 200Mh/s 8-GPU advertisement), I'd be curious to see if a 1070 also gets a somewhat equivalent bump.

Just went ahead and picked up another pair of 1070's ... here's to hoping whatever driver improvements they may make apply to the 1070's (and my 1080 Ti!) too :D Figured every day I waited making a decision was another day I wasn't making money. Jump on it, and the extra time spent mining would make up the cost differences anyways.

The only thing really interesting and worth it in this article is the 1080. I'm a little unsure how they get the hash they are talking about with ddr5x memory. But I guess we'll see. The other cards are just overclocked versions of the regular cards and in my mind not worth it, especially the short warranty and small resale market.

The only thing really interesting and worth it in this article is the 1080. I'm a little unsure how they get the hash they are talking about with ddr5x memory. But I guess we'll see. The other cards are just overclocked versions of the regular cards and in my mind not worth it, especially the short warranty and small resale market.

Well it's all interesting in the sense that we could have another viable set of mining cards in the next week or so... 60Mh/s sounds extremely competitive and yeah the warranty is very disappointing :/

Actually, what's interesting in this is that Nvidia sees a market is determined to eat AMD's birthday cake.

All this is just going to bring us closer to the next big crash.

Let's hope it crashes after the summer is over so I can still keep my GPUs for heating.

I live in Canada and my central heating didn't even kick in in the winter lol

All this is just going to bring us closer to the next big crash.

Let's hope it crashes after the summer is over so I can still keep my GPUs for heating.

I live in Canada and my central heating didn't even kick in in the winter lol

Ha, I live on the shield . But I don't mine in the house, there's only 200 amps here.

So I recently bought 6x GTX 1060s, then had a change of heart and ordered 6x 1070s. Was planning on returning the 1060s and getting a refund, but it looks like the NewEgg seller isn't accepting returns.

I guess I could sell on ebay and get most of my money back (minus shipping and PayPal fees) but now hearing the 1060 will get a mining driver I might just keep them and build a second mining rig. Hmm...

upload_2017-6-14_20-56-12.png

Although the numbers seem impressive I'd rather buy video cards as they would be easier to sell in the long run.

Although the numbers seem impressive I'd rather buy video cards as they would be easier to sell in the long run.

I'm thinking the same thing.

But do the math -I mean let's say each mining only card is 10 % cheaper but gives a 20% better hash rate for same power consumption.

Now let's assume if you buy a normal video card you expect to have 50% equity in resale value when you're done mining it . At a 20% or more increase in mining efficiency it would not take long to pay that expected equity you'd have in a used video card entirely off.

A mining card COULD potentially be the better financial choice.

Get what I'm driving at?

Yeah, I was thinking both directions last night. I just ordered a pair of 1070s and almost ordered another pair until thinking more about this. If I can get my hands on some of these, I might try a few. Was actually thinking about trying to start converting my AMD stuff over to 1070s with the current prices the AMD cards are pulling. I could almost replace the AMD cards with 1070s at no loss, and I'll have a card that is easier to run at a lower power, runs faster, and has a much better resale value in the event of a mining crash.

The big question is wether the drivers and probably firmware will work on say a GTX1080, that would make it jump from worm to behemoth

Back