RTX A2000 announced - fastest low-profile GPU

Curious, do you see a big difference in using professional vs consumer gpu's and solidworks? I run a 3080 and even with complex assemblies, I rarely notice any slowdowns/issues.
It really depends on what you are doing, there are some functions that the retail consumer cards just don’t do. For a single user on a single workstation with a single card not going to be a huge difference unless you start getting into the AI stuff or any computational works that require real time error correction.

But a multi user machine, one with multiple cards, or something running software sets inside a sandbox that requires the GPU to be virtualized then the difference becomes very apparent very fast.

Bulk availability was the initial draw, especially when literally nothing else was in stock at all. You could get a dozen or more relatively easily until miners/fomo caught on, and they sold out everywhere.

Curious, do you see a big difference in using professional vs consumer gpu's and solidworks? I run a 3080 and even with complex assemblies, I rarely notice any slowdowns/issues.
Turn on FSAA.

Well I got screwed. Provantage called me at 2:22pm to confirm my order, the guy said they still had one for me to ship out. Got an e-mail at 3:45pm telling me "our distributor ran out of stock". The guy talked like he had it in his hands about to throw it in the box. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that "of course I want to confirm my order, I've been waiting months to get one at that price". Fack.

And of course Staples is OoS.

You already know you can't on consumer cards.

Edit: Edited the registry to force a certified gpu and enable realview/fsaa. With a fully modeled vehicle assembly (chassis, suspension, tires, steering, etc) I see literally no performance difference between an A4000 and a 3080. I don't see a reason for professional cards unless you're doing some incredibly detailed/complex assembly work.
I got a lot of graphical artifacts on my 5700XT and RTX 3080, Studio/Creator drivers or not. I actually give two shits about Realview really...

And you have both cards?

Solidworks doesn't use the GPU for much. It's still running on a 1990s-era single threaded CPU-bound codebase. Even their in-house renderer (PhotoView360) is CPU-based. You have to go with Solidworks Visualize (nee Bunkspeed Hypershot) if you want GPU acceleration.

The only functional difference is that with Titan and Quardo/Axxxx cards, you get to use Realview. But, IMO, that's a totaly useless feature and I don't even use it on my A6000 machine. (sidenote: Even though the 3090 is "Titan-class," it does not get the driver-enabled features that actual Titan cards get)

While true, I definitely noticed a difference between something like an rx580 and a 3080, in terms of graphics performance with more complex assemblies. But you're absolutely right, the single threaded cpu bottleneck is much more frustrating than the gpu bottleneck, once you have a powerful enough gpu. Fwiw you can edit a couple registry files and trick solidquircks into thinking you have a certified, professional card. I agree realview is kind of gimmicky, but it doesn't take much just to have the option available.
In my case I need vGPU's so no amount of registry editing that I have discovered enables that in Hyper-V, or VMWare, so I need my A8000's and my RTX 6000's, they make my soul hurt every time I approve one of those orders.

Well I got screwed. Provantage called me at 2:22pm to confirm my order, the guy said they still had one for me to ship out. Got an e-mail at 3:45pm telling me "our distributor ran out of stock". The guy talked like he had it in his hands about to throw it in the box. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that "of course I want to confirm my order, I've been waiting months to get one at that price". Fack.

And of course Staples is OoS.

I don't know if you got one yet, but they seem to be in stock at b&h. Although more expensive than I would want to pay.

I don't know if you got one yet, but they seem to be in stock at b&h. Although more expensive than I would want to pay.
Thanks, I saw that today as well.

My shop BLT order is supposed to ship on the 7th. I see prices are crashing and stock is rising. Some Microcenters have A2000's in stock right now. I get the feeling I wait another month I'll get one(any modern CAD card) at MSRP. Right now I'm in at $1250 for NiB. Gonna sit tight. Waited months, what's 2 more weeks? (although I should have just paid $1000 for one when they came out...didn't think it'd ever get like this)

Thanks, I saw that today as well.

My shop BLT order is supposed to ship on the 7th. I see prices are crashing and stock is rising. Some Microcenters have A2000's in stock right now. I get the feeling I wait another month I'll get one(any modern CAD card) at MSRP. Right now I'm in at $1250 for NiB. Gonna sit tight. Waited months, what's 2 more weeks? (although I should have just paid $1000 for one when they came out...didn't think it'd ever get like this)

Yea... I can't disagree with that last statement. The a4000 is a pretty well balanced workstation card at 1k. (overpriced but that's nothing new for workstation cards)

Last edited:
My a2000 12gb will be arriving soon from shopBLT. Placed the order at the beginning of December. It'll be nice to finally get hands on one. Defintely pricey though, especially now that GPU prices are declining. I'll be curious how long it takes for a superior low profile graphics card to be released. I'd wager it'll be quite awhile yet.

The current mainstream king, the GTX 1650, released about 3 years ago. The 1050ti about 5 years ago.

We will see if the Nvidia RTX 3050 or AMD 6500XT get released in low profile designs, but they'd still be inferior to a 6 or 12gb a2000.

Crossing my fingers this a2000 lasts awhile for my HTPC :woot:

My a2000 12gb will be arriving soon from shopBLT. Placed the order at the beginning of December. It'll be nice to finally get hands on one. Defintely pricey though, especially now that GPU prices are declining. I'll be curious how long it takes for a superior low profile graphics card to be released. I'd wager it'll be quite awhile yet.

The current mainstream king, the GTX 1650, released about 3 years ago. The 1050ti about 5 years ago.

We will see if the Nvidia RTX 3050 or AMD 6500XT get released in low profile designs, but they'd still be inferior to a 6 or 12gb a2000.

Crossing my fingers this a2000 lasts awhile for my HTPC :woot:
The 6gb A2000 performs about on par with a gtx1080 while operating completely on PCIe power. You can get them for less than $700 price on them has gone up a lot in the past 4 months, glad I ordered mine when I did.

What? A4000's are in stock all over the place for 1100-1200. A couple hundred gpu's is a drop in the bucket to what big miners are buying and the global supply. This is just another clickbait "miners bad, reeee" article.
Admittedly, I hadn't looked, I just saw all the cards they had and posted :)

Back