Shocking not a soul in this thread, Gamers Nexus absolutely buried this card.
Reminds me a lot of the Turing launch. Conditions were almost identical as well. 1 for 1 performance increase per dollar, entering a crypto bust cycle after a recent boom.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Shocking not a soul in this thread, Gamers Nexus absolutely buried this card.
Not really, it was only $100-$149 less on the 3090 side. (considering 3090 Strix was $2000+)
I have no doubt in my mind the 4060 will be alteast 500 dollars. MSRP of the 3060 ti was 400, clearly consumers got too nice a deal there, need to bump that one up to about 700We have had alot of solid cards at this $500-700 range price point since the 1080ti. Turing didn't innovate enough, because no one cared enough about RT. I still haven't enabled RT once on my cards.
Wonder if the 4060 will be priced in the old 1080ti range? NV will try to match performance with a 3080, sell for the same MSRP, and consumers get some new numbers on the box.
How many FPS did that $100-$149 buy you?
Well, considering the TUF was limited power wise( 2 x 8 pin vs 3 x 8 pin) you could squeeze a good bit more out of the strix.
Newegg has a ton in stock right nowWas up super early to watch the NASA moon rocket launch, so I checked out Best Buy and Microcenter websites early this morning just to see if the RTX 4080 was up for sale yet. It said "coming soon" at 2am, and even at 6am still "coming soon" I checked once more before I walked the dogs at 7:45am still "coming soon", back at 8:15am it now states "sold out" "Unavailable"
WTF did they have just a hundred cards up for sale today? Not that I really would've been a dumb chump an actually give greedVidia my money for an overpriced card that should be selling for no more than $899, but still shocked it's sold out already.
They priced it too high. With it priced the way it is that is in the same ballpark as a 4090 which crushes it. Also AMD's 7900xtx beats it and it is $200 cheaper. 4080 is dead on arrival unless they cut the price by at least $200.Damn looks like people aren't going after it like crazy after all. Been in stock for almost 20+
mins lmao.
Try adding them to your cart you can't...Newegg has a ton in stock right now
I'll admit that I'd consider buying it if it was $1k. I'd probably still wait for reviews of AMD's cards but it would be tempting. At $1200+ it's not.They priced it too high. With it priced the way it is that is in the same ballpark as a 4090 which crushes it. Also AMD's 7900xtx beats it and it is $200 cheaper. 4080 is dead on arrival unless they cut the price by at least $200.
Yeah wtf? Totally bugged out..Try adding them to your cart you can't...
Yeah just saw the ol' asus tax of $350 for the strix version. Puts it $50 shy of the 4090 fe.With some of the 4080 cards being in the $1300 to $1400 range, just get the 4090 for $1599. And get a good 30% performance boost.
What variant did you get?Had no issues adding 4080s to cart at Newegg.
I did not "get" anything, but I added an MSI model for test.What variant did you get?
RAM is made by a cartel of a few companies and they're periodically fined for price fixing. I've never seen anyone scalp RAM before.https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=4080+nvidia
Scalpers keep all the cards until they become outdated. That is why Scalpers are scum then they scalp Motherboards but just MSI and Asus and only Asus on Amazon cause they hang out there with fake Storefronts. Then Ram scalpers they jack the price up 40.00 hoping nobody will notice.
Those prices are just nuts.
Yeah, i'm surprisingly seeing a few models still available on Newegg. Usually, these would be gone within seconds. I think the scalpers realize there isn't any value here.
Only two left shipped by NE now....
Well, whatever, i'm a chump, but I ordered one since for the first time since COVID I could actually add a new card to my cart and order it.
Will put the 3080ti in the wife's system.
Seems like two wins to me.Well, I thought I wanted it, but I realized this thing doesn't support DP 2.0 - So I cancelled it. My purpose here was to give my wife a decent card, and for me to future proof a bit, but without DP2.0, I really can't justify this.
Kind of shocked nvidia didn't put DP 2.0 on these cards given their level of performance. There is basically zero future proofing here.
No, it's a 3 lead instead of 4. Although I don't know why they made it 3 lead given that this card uses only 320watt.Are these coming with the same 12vhpwr dongles as the 4090s?
FWIW, my estimation for NA inventory was about ~25K cards.4080, Shipped by Newegg, just went OOS at NE across all SKUs.
I have to hand it to nvidia, their sales strategy is working very well.4080, Shipped by Newegg, just went OOS at NE across all SKUs.
All back to Ampere now....I have to hand it to nvidia, their sales strategy is working very well.