RTX 4060 teaser

I don't think I remember a generation of GPUs where reviewers consistently said just buy previous gen....were the 20X0's this bad?

Well it's always been an issue with the price per performance (PPP?), you have to basically draw a line in the sand because prices are all over the place, and MSRP seems that place. Granted the "unicorn price" didn't make any sense when AIB partners were all above it, and conversely it doesn't make as much sense as the FE 3060ti can be gotten at Best Buy for $350 now... well assuming you have one local to you as they still do that regional stock bullshit. I've always been a fan of "what's my budget, ok whats the best I can get within that budget", that's the best PPP I can come up with :)
Just built a 5600X + 3060 Ti system for a friend of a friend for about $800, which is $300 cheaper than any comparable pre-built we could find. The $315 3060 Ti FE thanks to the seemingly perpetual BB credit card 10% coupon is a good value right now.

Nvidia didn't offer Linus a 8k video promotion deal this time?
Didn't stop him from being fair and criticizing them last gen in all the Ampere reviews. I don't blame him for taking their money (in seperate sponsored videos) while also fairly criticizing them in his reviews, I would do the same as it's part of the business and it enables you to invest more into the business for other projects (which LTT is obviously doing a ton of). If you don't think reviewers can take sponsor deals without still being objective and fair to products, then you might as well not believe any reviews whatsoever, esp. on Youtube.

Anyways, Lovelace is basically another Turing launch it seems; overpriced cards for minimal improvements over Ampere/Pascal and relying on a new DLSS/RT tech to sell the cards.

Just built a 5600X + 3060 Ti system for a friend of a friend for about $800, which is $300 cheaper than any comparable pre-built we could find. The $315 3060 Ti FE thanks to the seemingly perpetual BB credit card 10% coupon is a good value right now.
Nice combo. I totally agree that if someone wants Nvidia and is OK with 8g of vram the 3060ti is best one to get right now.

Nice combo. I totally agree that if someone wants Nvidia and is OK with 8g of vram the 3060ti is best one to get right now.

NVIDIA GeForce 536.40 WHQL Drivers Released

by btarunr Today, 07:16 Discuss (2 Comments)
NVIDIA today released the latest version of the GeForce Game Ready drivers. Version 536.40 WHQL introduces support for the latest GeForce RTX 4060 graphics card that went on sale today. The drivers also fix a handful of issues. Display corruption noticed with Street Fighter 6 with MFAA enabled during the fight start cutscene, has been fixed. NVIDIA also fixed a bug with OptiX de-noiser that caused vignette effect to disappear in border pixels. A bug that caused the driver to not be able to detect external HDMI displays from NVIDIA Control Panel after driver re-installation has also been fixed.

That was THE card I was aiming for in 2020 for a long time upgrade over my gtx970, mostly for budgetary reasons as I was a bit miffed a 70 series card cost $500* (*Unicorn price at that!), unfortunately the GPU-pocolype happened and that dream went away, fast forward 3 years and I picked up a used 3080 (water cooled at that!) for less than $400.

Not a very good performer. In some games it seems like it is barely an upgrade over the 3060. Usually the **60s have been better than the **70s of the previous generation, or at least trade blows with them.

Guru3D review for GTX 960.

I expected these results considering how the 4060ti stacked up, but still disappointed to see. Add in that the 3060 had 12GB of VRAM and it is quite disappointing.

Love the comments in the video... he's getting slammed...

But... I never understood the appeal for him... I mean.. he even has no originality on his youtube name..

Yeah the jig is up. Economic conditions , people getting wise to being delivered poor value, the abundant supply of last gen cards new and used that are better deals, and weak gen on gen raw performance increase in the same class of cards and so on. And of course just priced badly for what you get.
Power savings are nice on it. Frame gen is cute but that's about it. Price is bad same ole same ole this round.

AMD dumped the price of the 7600 already and I'm fairly sure it will slide even more when the 6600 variants are gone to take that spot.

MindFactory sold 10 cards on release day, 1/3 the amount of 4060 Ti's.

https://www.3dcenter.org/news/news-des-29-juni-2023
Which itself is 1/10th of 4070 sales which in turn was lesser than 4070 ti release day sales

Launch day sales Data from one German retailer Mindfactory indicates poor reception for the 2 newly launched 8gb GPUs from nVidia & AMD

https://m-3dcenter-org.translate.go...2023?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB

A "normal" launch day sales quantity for an average rated graphics card is therefore 300-400 pieces. The launch day sales quantities of 30-40 units for the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti and Radeon RX 7600 are therefore drastically below average.

Launchtag paragraphreleaseMF sales *source
GeForce RTX 4070 TiJanuary 5, 2023about 400-450 pieces3DC News (number interpolated)
GeForce RTX 4070April 13, 2023~315 pieces3DCenter @ Twitter
GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GBMay 24, 2023~30 pieces3DCenter @ Twitter
Radeon RX 7600May 25, 202330-40 pieces3DCenter @ Twitter
* "MF sales" = sales at Mindfactory on the launch day, evaluated 12-14 hours after the market launch
This indicates that there is no real need for the time being and that the cards delivered will initially lie like lead on dealer shelves. This is also clearly indicated by the difference in the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti compared to yesterday: A day later there are only 10 rough sales . In a normal week (without a launch day), both new mainstream graphics cards should have a hard time breaking the 100 unit sales mark at Mindfactory.

Rtx 4060 teaser? More like teasing someone thier gonna get a painful blister right on the poop hole for a discount this thing sucks so bad.

Back