RTX 3xxx performance speculation

You guys remember when AIB cards took a month after ref to launch?
And now we get them launch day and people still whine about shortages.

I am praying waiting 4 hours and shop will unlock selling 3080. Hope i will get only 1 card. PLease god! lol

Some of the prices are crazy.
cclonline is selling most at or close to £1K.

There some info on retailer shop site,that delivery date may change because of coronavirus :(

Some of the prices are crazy.
cclonline is selling most at or close to £1K.

I saw that at CCL - ridiculous. Every model is £998 or higher.

As is tradition, OCUK has been slowly edging up their prices in £10-30 increments every few hours like no one notices. I think they think this gives them a foundation to their argument that the "planned" on and are "trying" to selling at MSRP (seriously, this is what they've said for prior releases) :rolleyes: I like their forum, and Gibbo seems like a good guy, but no way in hell I buy from them anymore.

I saw that at CCL - ridiculous. Every model is £998 or higher.

As is tradition, OCUK has been slowly edging up their prices in £10-30 increments every few hours like no one notices. I think they think this gives them a foundation to their argument that the "planned" on and are "trying" to selling at MSRP (seriously, this is what they've said for prior releases) :rolleyes: I like their forum, and Gibbo seems like a good guy, but no way in hell I buy from them anymore.
I cant see my purchasing this round, being scammed isnt on my agenda.
If prices dont change by xmas I'm going back to my old plan, game 2 years behind and buy everything real cheap!

I get the feeling OcUK note the amount of clicks on a product and put the price up accordingly, to a pre-determined max value.

I cant see my purchasing this round, being scammed isnt on my agenda.
If prices dont change by xmas I'm going back to my old plan, game 2 years behind and buy everything real cheap!

Yea, I'm thinking I'm getting too old for this shit and will sit back and enjoy people complain and get bilked. If any consolation, I've been playing on a GTX 780 Ti (and 2070 mobile) for the past two months and it's been great going through the un-played backlog of games over the past 10 years. I know it's not very [H], but it's been refreshing gaming for gaming and not chasing the pinnacle of IQ and FPS.

Patience everyone. There's still 1 hour and 40 minutes to go. (been F5'ing since 3am this morning on 4 different sites just to make sure nobody started early lol).

IS this ok? Its rtx 3080 EAGLE OC GIGABYTE. I want to buy. All fine here in pic?

gigabyte-rtx-3080-gaming-oc-alimentacion-pcb.jpg

Look at the power connector, its a break out box connected to wires that can short then to another connector on the board. You dont want those problems down the road.

I don't know what the others look like but I'm sure the other lowend Gigabytes are going to have similar designs

But i wanna gigabyte. That connectors are real issue?
The designers are ok with it so it falls within what they are ok with failure wise. I wouldn't but if you don't want to wait for the Auros models go ahead. It will probably work out.

The designers are ok with it so it falls within what they are ok with failure wise. I wouldn't but if you don't want to wait for the Auros models go ahead. It will probably work out.
So it will be work ok?

Look at the power connector, its a break out box connected to wires that can short then to another connector on the board. You dont want those problems down the road.
That is e=never ok, that breakout box for the power connectors is an extra point of failure thats not needed.

Well this is just straight up silly. I said this before in the thread, but I'll say it again. Not only is a design like this not more prone to failure, it's probably less so, and easier to fix if it does fail. My relevant example last time was power connectors on laptops. The ones hard soldered to the board are way more prone to failure because any pressure put on the port by the cable is putting pressure directly on the motherboard / /solder contacts (a hard, weak connection), instead of a cable that is flexible and can move. Likewise, the ones with a cable are substantially easier to repair in the even they do break.

Gigabyte engineers probably know a thing or two about this. If they had any concern whatsoever that this power adapter was a potential point of failure, it wouldn't be there. They wouldn't want the cost of added RMA's or damage to their reputation. Put this out of your mind, it's as non-existent of an issue as there could possibly be.

Well this is just straight up silly. I said this before in the thread, but I'll say it again. Not only is a design like this not more prone to failure, it's probably less so, and easier to fix if it does fail. My relevant example last time was power connectors on laptops. The ones hard soldered to the board are way more prone to failure because any pressure put on the port by the cable is putting pressure directly on the motherboard / /solder contacts (a hard, weak connection), instead of a cable that is flexible and can move. Likewise, the ones with a cable are substantially easier to repair in the even they do break.

Gigabyte engineers probably know a thing or two about this. If they had any concern whatsoever that this power adapter was a potential point of failure, it wouldn't be there. They wouldn't want the cost of added RMA's or damage to their reputation. Put this out of your mind, it's as non-existent of an issue as there could possibly be.
Aka it's better to have something easily fixable cause a problem (in this case a breakout box) even if it means adding another part.

To say that adding an extra connector makes something less prone to failure it ridiculous. Its easier to repair, its cheaper to go with whatever cosmetic design choices but adding anything extra between point a and b is what one of my professors would call stupid.

To say that adding an extra connector makes something less prone to failure it ridiculous. Its easier to repair, its cheaper to go with whatever cosmetic design choices but adding anything extra between point a and b is what one of my professors would call stupid.

Unless it reduces stress.
You know, like a flex joint on exhaust, expansion joint on rigid conductors, buffer on high pressure piping, etc ..

Unless it reduces stress.
You know, like a flex joint on exhaust, expansion joint on rigid conductors, buffer on high pressure piping, etc ..
That has a function, this isnt that case and can't be compared to a laptop that will be frequently flexed.

I just don't see why an extra connector is such an issue. It's literally just wires to a terminal. If that's going to cause a problem, why trust anything in a pc? Unless you're doubting the quality of said connector.

Well, might as well get a card with no fans. Because they are prone to fail. So surely, not having these failure prone parts would be better.

Your logic is silly. That adapter is going to be no more prone to failure than any other part of that card, and in reality, the potential for failure is probably less than just about every other part of that card. Anything can fail, sure, but basing your purchasing decision around a part with a nearly incalculably small chance of it, it's silly.

You do not know more than the Gigabyte engineers who designed it this way. Stop pretending you do. Everyone else who ends up with a gigabyte card, enjoy your not-at-all riskier than any other card... card.

I just don't see why an extra connector is such an issue. It's literally just wires to a terminal. If that's going to cause a problem, why trust anything in a pc? Unless you're doubting the quality of said connector.

It's something to take issue with. For some of the people here, that's basically their cocaine.

the egg just went down for me.

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server. Please try again at a later time.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.

the egg just went down for me.

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server. Please try again at a later time.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.

Working for me. Slow, but working.

Well, might as well get a card with no fans. Because they are prone to fail. So surely, not having these failure prone parts would be better.

Your logic is silly. That adapter is going to be no more prone to failure than any other part of that card, and in reality, the potential for failure is probably less than just about every other part of that card. Anything can fail, sure, but basing your purchasing decision around a part with a nearly incalculably small chance of it, it's silly.

You do not know more than the Gigabyte engineers who designed it this way. Stop pretending you do. Everyone else who ends up with a gigabyte card, enjoy your not-at-all riskier than any other card... card.
Fans have a purpose , if it could be cooled without them for the same cost they would. Don't argue with stupid is something I should follow. While I never said I know more than their engineers my minor definitely gives basics on failure inclination.

It was worth a shot, but I'm in no hurry. I want the HDMI 2.1, but my RTX 2070 Super is still a beast.

Nvida was OOS in like 2 mins.. Not surprised. I wasn't trying for one so much as seeing how long it took to run out!

Attachments

• gonedaddygone.JPG
    gonedaddygone.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
Back