RTX 3xxx performance speculation

I make money using my Credit Card, yes just pay it off monthly and keep the cash back. Literally made thousands by using a credit card. Not sure why more don't do the same. Pay bills, food, gas, fun stuff -> pay it to zero or near zero monthly -> Credit card company pays you instead.

Because you need good credit to get those kinds of cards. I moved from Canada to the US where my credit score was 875, 8-9 months after moving, my credit finally broke 700 , I am about to look for decent cards here. I had awesome ones in Canada :)

Big Navi is rumored for late October or November...so for me I can't wait around and will get Ampere (most likely would have gone with Nvidia anyway)...I'm just hoping Zen 3 is also released in September so I can build my new system
If that is the case I could easily wait and see which side offers the higher end card. If AMD is sometime 2H next year then I do not see a point in delaying the inevitable purchase.

If that is the case I could easily wait and see which side offers the higher end card. If AMD is sometime 2H next year then I do not see a point in delaying the inevitable purchase.

apparently September 17th is when Nvidia will launch Ampere and October 7th is Big Navi...so a 2.5 week wait is not long at all to see which card offers the best performance/value

apparently September 17th is when Nvidia will launch Ampere and October 7th is Big Navi...so a 2.5 week wait is not long at all to see which card offers the best performance/value
Considering these types of cards never have enough stock the first couple of weeks or so A Big Navi release will probably happen before most of us can get our hands on the new Nvidia cards anyway.

Considering these types of cards never have enough stock the first couple of weeks or so A Big Navi release will probably happen before most of us can get our hands on the new Nvidia cards anyway.

plus the better custom AIB cards will probably take longer to arrive...I'm sure the initial Ampere cards will all be those Founders Edition versions

Tree fiddy.
tenor.gif

That will be very nice if the 3080 is 35% in general over a 2080Ti from the above link. While 3dMark based only so far, it is still very nice. I wonder if Nvidia will do a stagger launch, 3080 and wait to see what AMD dishes out so they can figure best position for the 3070 and 3080Ti. Plus moving the 3080 to GA102 gives them a lot of flexibility for a Super model later. Seems like Nvidia is always ready for a good fight, pity they didn't have any for the last 6 years or more, if they did, how further ahead would they be on GPU's for gaming?

I don't see Nvidia only launching new hardware but also a whole bunch of new software stuff that can drive that hardware, I will be paying attention to Nvidia new working features, demonstrations, future promises or direction as well.

I was lucky to receive my 1080 Ti two weeks after launch, normally it was several months later and at a higher price...

plus the better custom AIB cards will probably take longer to arrive...I'm sure the initial Ampere cards will all be those Founders Edition versions

I’ll will be waiting for the EVGA Hydrocopper or the AMD equivalent (who offers watercooled GPUs for the Red Team)?

I was lucky to receive my 1080 Ti two weeks after launch, normally it was several months later and at a higher price...

I’ll will be waiting for the EVGA Hydrocopper or the AMD equivalent (who offers watercooled GPUs for the Red Team)?
AMD for LCooling, their own model, that is if they do that again. Don't recall too many AIB partners other than PowerColor having a liquid cooled version. PowerColor is most likely candidate for AIB.

I might skip generation if all games still had 2D sprites a card 20 years old would still be good enough today. I'm sure Google ads will subdue me into buying one eventually. I used to buy PC parts for that renewed experience.

AMD for LCooling, their own model, that is if they do that again. Don't recall too many AIB partners other than PowerColor having a liquid cooled version. PowerColor is most likely candidate for AIB.
Thanks for the input, I’ll keep them in mind for the upcoming months.

I think that we can all agree that these things are no longer graphics cards.... They're graphics bricks.

Seriously, when was the last time you actually saw an exposed PCB on a GPU? Nowadays it's like a GPU, some memory chips, and GIANT MASS OF METAL TO COOL THE SUCKER DOWN!!!

Sold my EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra ahead of buying the 3070 equivalent. Not gonna play anything until I pick up some games at discount in Steam winter sale, so I'll wait for BF deals or whatever on the GPU.

I think that we can all agree that these things are no longer graphics cards.... They're graphics bricks.

Seriously, when was the last time you actually saw an exposed PCB on a GPU? Nowadays it's like a GPU, some memory chips, and GIANT MASS OF METAL TO COOL THE SUCKER DOWN!!!

Grateful that I don’t have to strip the card down and put my own cooler on like the old days. I still remember my perfectly good Radeon 9700 Pro going “click” and dying after a zealous overclock and a probably improperly installed Arctic Cooling blower cooler. I’ll take the brick.

I didn't realize before today I've been training my right leg for all those extra watts these space heaters are going to throw out by using this RX580. Neither my 2080 or 2080ti pumped out this much heat.

I don't see the point in using just one game.

Triple A titles from 2019 and up should do fine for performance benches.

I don't see that point of only using 2019 titles either. I would like to see how it performs on DX11, DX12, Vulkan, and a mix of old and new games...

What did you get for it?

I sold it to a friend doing a build for his son for $450, wasn't really looking to extract as much as I could from him. Figure this way I paid $75 to use that card for just under 2 years (originally I bought a 2070 non-Super XC Ultra from Newegg in November 2018 for $525 after targeted '10% off capped at $50' discount, had to do an RMA earlier this year and got upgraded to the Super variant).

Last edited:
MS Flight Simulator 2020. People with RTX2080ti are struggling.
MSFS 2020 is heap of trash mesh issues the orthos are VERY inconsistent out side major cities and the flight model is trash your better off with Xplane
oh AND its single threaded because its still based on FSX lol

I didn't realize before today I've been training my right leg for all those extra watts these space heaters are going to throw out by using this RX580. Neither my 2080 or 2080ti pumped out this much heat.
I find that hard to believe unless you massively over clocked it. It pulls 188 watts while the 2080ti uses over 270 watts. Maybe your 2080ti ran high fan speeds so the air was cooler coming out, but the volume kept the temps lower.

MSFS 2020 is heap of trash mesh issues the orthos are VERY inconsistent out side major cities and the flight model is trash your better off with Xplane
oh AND its single threaded because its still based on FSX lol

source for single threaded claim please

I find that hard to believe unless you massively over clocked it. It pulls 188 watts while the 2080ti uses over 270 watts. Maybe your 2080ti ran high fan speeds so the air was cooler coming out, but the volume kept the temps lower.
It definitely is a space heater now, before with my strix 2080 the glass was cool to the touch when gaming. I have have grazed my leg against it plenty of times now with the RX580 I actively make sure my legs doesn't touch the same window in the same case that has been there since 2017(first time I grazed it with the 580 in there I panicked and took the gpu cooler off to regrease.. no improvement). While its not scientific cool to the touch vs feeling like you are being trained not to touch it is not something I need numbers on.

Oh, there's no oc on this thing at all, not willing to bring more heat to the card. Card progression Asus 1080ti turbo converted to g12 with 240 aio, zotac 2080ti in Oct of 18 and finally Asus 2080 strix since Nov of 18.

Last edited:
RTX 2070 SUPER has been discontinued

this can only mean that the 3070 is coming sooner then expected...

https://videocardz.com/newz/report-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-has-been-discontinued

I think many of the 2000 series are gonna be discontinued it not already. I have $800+ worth of Dell rewards and have been checking their site regularly in case I needed to buy a 2000 series card before my rewards expire and to then sell it BNIB when 3000 come out. Each time I checked their Turing cards were fewer and fewer, they have virtually none now.

It definitely is a space heater now, before with my strix 2080 the glass was cool to the touch when gaming. I have have grazed my leg against it plenty of times now with the RX580 I actively make sure my legs doesn't touch the same window in the same case that has been there since 2017(first time I grazed it with the 580 in there I panicked and took the gpu cooler off to regrease.. no improvement). While its not scientific cool to the touch vs feeling like you are being trained not to touch it is not something I need numbers on.

Oh, there's no oc on this thing at all, not willing to bring more heat to the card. Card progression Asus 1080ti turbo converted to g12 with 240 aio, zotac 2080ti in Oct of 18 and finally Asus 2080 strix since Nov of 18.
My guess is the RX580 isn't moving the air fast enough to keep things cool, I've seen that before with things. Less watts doesn't always feel cooler, but it's not generating more heat, it's just allowing it to build up ;).

My guess is the RX580 isn't moving the air fast enough to keep things cool, I've seen that before with things. Less watts doesn't always feel cooler, but it's not generating more heat, it's just allowing it to build up ;).
Maybe or maybe not still is a space heater now.

Back