RTX 3xxx performance speculation

Well i am not hurry for 3xxx serie, especially if i have 2080 Ti Waterforce actually i can play all games with ultra or lower details ( rtx on/off ) with fine fps on 1440P. But i am enthusiast and when i will be have extra crash i will change to 3080/3090 Rtx for sure. Maybe extra bank loans i take etc hehe : ) Have actually 2 works. One work in home,second in office. But......i have actually some old bank loans to pay. hehe

if the 3080 is going to get 20GB variants then why would anyone get a 3090?

They won't give the extra memory away for free, so we will need to wait for prices before making statements like that. You also have 20% more CUDA cores on the 3090 and who knows what the RTX situation is.

I want 4K, but I think I'm going to be sticking to 2560×1440 for a while because I like >90FPS with little compromise in visuals, so I hope 10GB is enough. I'll likely be jumping on the first AIO water-cooled 3080 I can get my hands on.

[/QUOTE]
For folks asking if people don't care and are loose with their money, don't forget we have the dollar printing press working overtime right now and many folks are tapped into that- Robinhood traders, people receiving more on unemployment than they made before...

True and probably one of the reasons nV thinks they can push the envelope on pricing (again). There are loads of folks stuck at home being fed paper that still holds value like late 2019.

Next year's inflation is going to be about as fun as a high colonic with a weed whacker. Maybe those people paying $1000 for used 2080 tis are on to something.

Last edited:
They won't give the extra memory away for free, so we will need to wait for prices before making statements like that. You also have 20% more CUDA cores on the 3090 and who knows what the RTX situation is.

of course it's going to be a bit more expensive but either way it's not going to be as expensive as a 3090...the extra cores/memory should not matter for the vast majority of people

Last edited:
of course it's going to be a bit more expensive but either way it's not going to be as expensive as a 3090...the extra cores/memory should not matter for the vast majority of people

I dunno, I would pay a premium for max performance. If a 3080 20GB is in the 1000-1100 range I'm fine paying $1400 on a 3090. Now if the 3090 is double the price then yes I agree, what's the point of a 3090.

If the prize of newer rtx 3090 will be like 2080 ti prize at start, 1500 Euro +-? Sounds good for me. But i must sold now first my 2080 ti waterforce if i decide of course :)

I dunno, I would pay a premium for max performance. If a 3080 20GB is in the 1000-1100 range I'm fine paying $1400 on a 3090. Now if the 3090 is double the price then yes I agree, what's the point of a 3090.

a $400 savings is pretty significant...I would take that and buy a new Samsung PCIe 4.0 NVMe or 32GB memory or a higher tier motherboard etc

Ah i forgot. Of course mobo with PCIE 3.0 will be fine with that new rtx's? I have AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING.

a $400 savings is pretty significant...I would take that and buy a new Samsung PCIe 4.0 NVMe or 32GB memory or a higher tier motherboard etc

I have a 3950 with x570 and dual NVME already. My RAM could use a small boost from 3200 to 3600 I guess but I would rather throw the money at a GPU.

I have a 3950 with x570 and dual NVME already. My RAM could use a small boost from 3200 to 3600 I guess but I would rather throw the money at a GPU.
you will be in real LOVE when you will buy Rtx 3090 , i am sure : D :kiss: hah

I'm gonna laugh if the jacket man shows up on Tuesday and says "250W, 20% faster than 2080Ti and with 24gb gddr6x, I present you, RTX 3090, only $1399!"

Secretly wishing for it ;-)

I'll wait for Big Navi first before I decide on my next card.

Looking at AMD for high end only ends in disappointment *unless* you don't care about RT / newest features.

I've been burned in the past (Fury X) so I am a bit biased.

Looking at AMD for high end only ends in disappointment *unless* you don't care about RT / newest features.

Big Navi will have RT support...no one knows what RT performance will be like on AMD and whether or not they will have something similar to DLSS...nothing has leaked about that

The entire time I had the 2080TI, I think the only time I used RT was on Minecraft Beta to show my son, who is a big MC fan, I did not touch DLSS either =[

Yeah, I have a 2080ti and so far RT is as I expected, mostly vapor. Maybe, just maybe, it will actually take off at some point, but my bet is both teams will offer it before that happens.

RT doesn't matter until most games start shipping with RT features, and I loved Control with RT on, but a couple games do not make a feature.

The entire time I had the 2080TI, I think the only time I used RT was on Minecraft Beta to show my son, who is a big MC fan, I did not touch DLSS either =[

Same lol. I did play BF5 and Control. RT is neat but I wouldn't factor it much into my purchase a whole lot at this point. It's also hard to spend $800+ on a card that doesn't support it though. I've always been a sucker for lighting and CP2077...

If you have a 2080ti there's no rush. I've been tempted to skip the 3xxx series.

Yeah, I have a 2080ti and so far RT is as I expected, mostly vapor. Maybe, just maybe, it will actually take off at some point, but my bet is both teams will offer it before that happens.

RT doesn't matter until most games start shipping with RT features, and I loved Control with RT on, but a couple games do not make a feature.

Consoles and Navi 2 will have RT now so more games will use it but because consoles will barely match Turing RT performance, I wouldn’t expect it to be heavily used. An Xbox designer pretty much said it would be one of those lesser used features as they still value resolution and performance more. So apart from nvidia sponsored titles, I wouldn’t count on RT being the main focus of too many games. DLSS will also stay largely irrelevant unless nvidia can get it to work with most games without the developers having to do it.

The more and more I read about the 3090, the less excited I get. It just comes off as a power hungry monster nvidia had to build to keep its raster performance above Navi 2. I’m more eager to find out how Navi 2 performs, how large it will be, power consumption and most importantly cost.

Last edited:
Consoles and Navi 2 will have RT now so more games will use it but because consoles will barely match Turing RT performance, I wouldn’t expect it to be heavily used. An Xbox designer pretty much said it would be one of those lesser used features as they still value resolution and performance more. So apart from nvidia sponsored titles, I wouldn’t count on RT being the main focus of too many games. DLSS will also stay largely irrelevant unless nvidia can get it to work with most games without the developers having to do it.

That's my concern with DLSS, if it's a game agnostic feature in future software iterations, then yeah count me in for a 3000 series card of some kind. If it isn't, then I don't really care.

this upcoming generation is going to be all about ray-tracing...first gen cards were just a prototype...Gen 2 with AMD jumping on board plus next-gen consoles using it will make it explode...every major AAA game moving forward will have some sort of ray-tracing implementation

this upcoming generation is going to be all about ray-tracing...first gen cards were just a prototype...Gen 2 with AMD jumping on board plus next-gen consoles using it will make it explode...every major AAA game moving forward will have some sort of ray-tracing implementation

bah, heard that one before and if you beleive it I have a bridge to sell you.

I'll beleive it when i see it.

bah, heard that one before and if you beleive it I have a bridge to sell you.

I'll beleive it when i see it.
Maybe not every, but I think a lot will. We're already seeing it on multiple titles from Sony's PS5 preview. Ratchet and clank and the new Gran Turismo take advtange of ray tracing.

I cannot wait for the RTX 3080. My GTX 1080 FE 8GB has served me well. Even if the RTX 3080 is at 10GB it will be a great upgrade from my GTX 1080. I don’t plan on upgrading my 27” 1440p 144hz GSYNC monitor anytime soon. This fall/winter is gonna be a great time!

Why the fuck is that guy shirtless?

The mask not covering his nose is even more of a highlight. YouTube when you’ve got a face / presence for radio is a bit weird.

Fuckin’ makes me sad that so many websites have become unviable and some disgusting guy reading off a webpage gets 125k subscribers.

Really gonna miss Kyle and Brents day 1 reviews this time round. I’m buying one anyway but I’d feel a lot better having them to read while I’m waiting for stuff to start shopping.

Im Disappointed that the rtx 3090 has 19.5 gbps instead of the rumored 21 gbps. 7nm is a nice surprise i was hoping for a 60-70% leap in performance over a 2080ti im including overclocking btw. Perhaps it can overclock well on 7nm.

Hey guys question.2:28 minute.

What is additional resistance that may be induced by adaptter?Something bad? Short circuit?
I just ask if using adapter will be safe? I have Seasonic Prime TX-750 Plus Titanium

Dude are you the fat guy in question? Because you keep advertising his videos and the people on this forum aren't the audience for it. Please just stop, I don't think anyone here really wants to see this pudgy dude.

The more and more I read about the 3090, the less excited I get. It just comes off as a power hungry monster nvidia had to build to keep its raster performance above Navi 2. I’m more eager to find out how Navi 2 performs, how large it will be, power consumption and most importantly cost.

You're a twitch gamer. You aren't the market for RT.

Back