RTX 3xxx performance speculation

so you're using your speculation to debunk another persons speculation?...and most of the speculation is coming from the same videocardz site

I never said it debunked it, just that it was something for the other side from that claim.

Note the the word "evidence" is in quotes, meaning it's not really much in the way of evidence.

But this is not speculation, this is a data from a benchmark database. It could be faked, but much of the time they are real as someone testing a product lets it into an online database.

The claim that every card witll double VRAM the generation is OTOH, nothing but speculation, and it wasn't from Videocardz, but a less reputable site.

The claim that every card witll double VRAM the generation is OTOH, nothing but speculation, and it wasn't from Videocardz, but a less reputable site.

WccfTech gets a bad rap...they seem to get a lot right as well plus most of what they get is from videocardz and other sites, they just copy it and write up their own article

Why is the Titan Memory bandwidth so much lower?

This one's easy. GDDR6X maxes out at 1Gb chips for now so a theoretical 48GB Titan has to stick with GDDR6.

Why is still giving better game performance than 3090 with such lower bandwidth?

Yeah even if it was faster I wouldn't expect it to be much faster unless clocks and power consumption are out of whack. Either way Titan buyers will care a lot more about me more capacity than speed.

so you're using your speculation to debunk another persons speculation?...and most of the speculation is coming from the same videocardz site
So come Sept. 1 or Nov. 30, or whenever, there will be a lot of reputations that either rise, or not.

So come Sept. 1 or Nov. 30, or whenever, there will be a lot of reputations that either rise, or not.

Nah, the merry-go-round never stops. Those that are never right will keep going and those that are sometimes right will keep going. No one is always right. Clicks keep coming either way.

people will forget all the speculation/rumors once the actual cards are released...they won't even remember which websites said what...they'll just pile on the usual diatribe of Wcctech is bad, videocardz is good...now one guy who is very reliable is the German guy formerly of Tom's Hardware- now Igor's Lab

people will forget all the speculation/rumors once the actual cards are released...they won't even remember which websites said what...they'll just pile on the usual diatribe of Wcctech is bad, videocardz is good...now one guy who is very reliable is the German guy formerly of Tom's Hardware- now Igor's Lab
Thanks for the headsup on Igor's Lab, its a decent read.

Thanks for the headsup on Igor's Lab, its a decent read.

he always seems to get correct info/leaks before anyone else...he's definitely legit...when everyone was saying March 2020 for Ampere he was one of the first to say it would be September

I think we can be certain the chart is fabricated from guesses. Why is the Titan Memory bandwidth so much lower? Why is still giving better game performance than 3090 with such lower bandwidth?

Why would the RTX 3060 Memory bandwidth be so low (worse than 2060 Super) and yet still deliver essentailly 2080 Ti performance.

Yeah, this is just made up guesses with mistakes all around.

The 3060 lines up with the 1080ti. The 3060 indicates 16 GB/s GDDR6 using a 192 bit bus while the 3070 lines up with 16 GB/s GDDR6 using a 256 bit bus. The 3070ti and up look to be using GDDR6X.

Its entirely plausible that a 3060 could match a 1080ti with that bandwidth as the 2080 only has like 15% more and seems to beat the 1080ti by a comfortable margin in todays games.

Having only 6 GB of memory in the midrange would be an even tougher pill to swallow, though.

Another way to look at it is the 3060 has about 50% more performance than the 1070ti using 50% more bandwidth.

The 3090 shows 2x performance with just 1.3x efficiency over the 1080ti. 400w tdp FTW!

The 3060 lines up with the 1080ti. The 3060 indicates 16 GB/s GDDR6 using a 192 bit bus while the 3070 lines up with 16 GB/s GDDR6 using a 256 bit bus. The 3070ti and up look to be using GDDR6X.

Its entirely plausible that a 3060 could match a 1080ti with that bandwidth as the 2080 only has like 15% more and seems to beat the 1080ti by a comfortable margin in todays games.

Having only 6 GB of memory in the midrange would be an even tougher pill to swallow, though.

It's a step backwards on 2060 Super Bandwidth and Memory.

It' seems like the are opening themselves to get creamed by AMD if they try something so lackluster.

It' seems like the are opening themselves to get creamed by AMD if they try something so lackluster.

I could definitely see them having 2 versions here, just like they did with the GTX 1060. The 6 GB version would be enough for 1440p/4k at lower textures while the 12 GB version is best for those that want 1080p with everything maxed out.

Despite what many think, the later scenario requires a lot more vram.

I think we can be certain the chart is fabricated from guesses. Why is the Titan Memory bandwidth so much lower? Why is still giving better game performance than 3090 with such lower bandwidth?

Why would the RTX 3060 Memory bandwidth be so low (worse than 2060 Super) and yet still deliver essentailly 2080 Ti performance.

Yeah, this is just made up guesses with mistakes all around.
My statement was if things lined up that way. I think someone had time and made a bunch of guesses also but I'm willing to pretend they are true just to make a hypothetical choice. The Titan will have more cores than the 3090 so there will be a increase in performance even if the bus was 3
I could definitely see them having 2 versions here, just like they did with the GTX 1060. The 6 GB version would be enough for 1440p/4k at lower textures while the 12 GB version is best for those that want 1080p with everything maxed out.

Despite what many think, the later scenario requires a lot more vram.
I can't see a 60 series with more than 8GB this time around.

My statement was if things lined up that way. I think someone had time and made a bunch of guesses also but I'm willing to pretend they are true just to make a hypothetical choice. The Titan will have more cores than the 3090 so there will be a increase in performance even if the bus was 3

I can't see a 60 series with more than 8GB this time around.

The fact that we had an RX480 which is a GTX 1060 class card with 8GB nearly 5 years ago....

I can see it having 8 but not more. Nvidia isn't going to throw more than needed.

The 3060 will almost certainly be 192 bit, just like the 1060 and 2060 so 8 GB is out of the question The 2060 Super was more of a poor mans 2070 refresh.

The 3060 will almost certainly be 192 bit, just like the 1060 and 2060 so 8 GB is out of the question The 2060 Super was more of a poor mans 2070 refresh.
If it's 192 then it will have 6GB. We aren't to the point of the 60 series having more than 8GB.

3080 will hopefully be good performance per dollar, but big Navi is rumored to be around the same level. It ill be interesting to see if Nvidia responds with a super or the 3080 ti post Navi launch.

If 3090 is $1200-$1500 I can maybe justify it, but that is about my max. Hopefully the performance per dollar is similar to the 3080 but I doubt that will be the case.

Big Navi won't have DLSS:3.0 though... So you're losing a huge amount of frames there right off the bat

And the rx480 and even rx580 never had the power to make use of the 8gb in games.

Well 4GB has been a problem for several years now starting with idtech6 and moving on to many more. Like I've said before 4GB AMD is like 3GB Nvidia, at least when dealing with Polaris. It had to had to be 256 bit as well to stay competitive with the more memory efficient (pool and bandwidth) gtx 1060.

With the 3090 name confirmed by Micron. There may not be a 3080ti. It may be just be 3080 and 3090.

It's looking more like there will be a 24GB 3090. Wether it's only 24GB or a choice between 12GB and 24GB remains to be seen.
This looks like option for Super versions later without the Ti confusion going with it (3080, 3080 Super, 3080Ti, 3080 Ti Super). If that the case it looks smart to me.

When I saw [H]ardOCP memory test results with BF5 with RT on and how 8GB and lower was really not enough on the first RTX game. Ram requirements has increased. Now Nvidia fixed their DLSS which lowers that requirement, Developers limiting the ram requirements (which may not be a good thing). I too would be disappointed with a 11gb-12gb top gaming card meant to maximize raytracing. Several reasons
  1. Longevity - multiple systems which prior generation of hardware will get upgraded, buy one card and 3 or more machines get updated, same as with CPUs, if the card becomes limited based on ram that falls short
  2. Resell value - for awhile, for example the 780 Ti meager ram amount, Fury also made those cards useless over time and less enticing for someone to buy. Great for the company not having to compete as much with the used market I would think
  3. Keeps the lower end cards at lower ram amounts limiting development of complex RT usage. Already 8gb was shown with RT can be limiting. Having the majority of your RT cards in circulation 8gb or less could stifle better graphical RT games
Still, I don't see a 12gb card limiting for the next 2 years but for me after that is a concern. For others this is probably not even worth considering, which is fine.

Another note is next generation of consoles have very fast SSDs which will be used, more VRam on GPUs for PCs could alleviate any bottlenecks from slower PC SSDs.

I will evaluate once sound/real specification/tests are known and probably wait anyways to see if AMD can make some good competition on the Enthusiast end of the spectrum.

When I saw [H]ardOCP memory test results with BF5 with RT on and how 8GB and lower was really not enough on the first RTX game. Ram requirements has increased. Now Nvidia fixed their DLSS which lowers that requirement, Developers limiting the ram requirements (which may not be a good thing). I too would be disappointed with a 11gb-12gb top gaming card meant to maximize raytracing. Several reasons
  1. Longevity - multiple systems which prior generation of hardware will get upgraded, buy one card and 3 or more machines get updated, same as with CPUs, if the card becomes limited based on ram that falls short
  2. Resell value - for awhile, for example the 780 Ti meager ram amount, Fury also made those cards useless over time and less enticing for someone to buy. Great for the company not having to compete as much with the used market I would think
  3. Keeps the lower end cards at lower ram amounts limiting development of complex RT usage. Already 8gb was shown with RT can be limiting. Having the majority of your RT cards in circulation 8gb or less could stifle better graphical RT games
Still, I don't see a 12gb card limiting for the next 2 years but for me after that is a concern. For others this is probably not even worth considering, which is fine.

Another note is next generation of consoles have very fast SSDs which will be used, more VRam on GPUs for PCs could alleviate any bottlenecks from slower PC SSDs.

I will evaluate once sound/real specification/tests are known and probably wait anyways to see if AMD can make some good competition on the Enthusiast end of the spectrum.
did bf5 ever get DLSS2.0 like control?

Well, if I were to say anything about performance for the RTX 30 series you first have to go back to the RTX 20 series and remember each card's role:

2080Ti: Best 4K/60FPS resolution card in it's class for many 4K detail settings.
2080/2080 Super: 2nd best 4K/60FPS card in its class and overkill for 1440p Ultra settings with AA turned on for most games.
2070/2070 Super: Best 1440p card on the market which was considered overkill for 1080p Ultra settings with AA turned on.
2060/2060 Super: Best 1080p card but could also play a lot of games at 1440p with most everything turned on.

So if that was the RTX 20 series, I think the RTX 30 series will be a rather large stepup from the 20 series and their roles will play out like this:

3090: Best 4K Ultra settings at 60+FPS card in its class and will start pushing 8K hard.
3080: Can also give great numbers for 4K Ultra settings at 60FPS but can't push 8K as hard
3070: Can do 4K High settings at 60FPS but is overkill for 1440p any settings
3060: The new 1440p champion and very overkill for 1080p.

Of course, this is all just my opinion...I could be wrong. Out!

They could go up the whole product line to 3090. They could add 'super' cards in between or they could add 'Ti' cards in between or even add 'super' and 'Ti' cards in between. All we know right now is for 2020 to just expect 4 cards. Everything else gets added 2021 which will be really interesting for gamers.

Stock of RTX 2070 super and higher are thin or non-existent at Newegg and Amazon. Looks like Nvidia managed channel inventory pretty well this time around.

Hopefully that means more reasonable pricing on day one as they don't have to wait for old stock to clear out.

Stock of RTX 2070 super and higher are thin or non-existent at Newegg and Amazon. Looks like Nvidia managed channel inventory pretty well this time around.

Hopefully that means more reasonable pricing on day one as they don't have to wait for old stock to clear out.
Honestly, I think Coronavirus probably managed stock better than Nvidia this time around.

A minor speculation on that heavily obfuscated picture of supposed 3090 Motherboard. The claim is this picture shows 12GB on the back of the cards board (and thus has 12GB on the front, for 24GB total).

The very strange thing is that they hide the 12th Memory chip. Claiming it's behind area covered up.

Why would you hide that? It's also strangely asymmetrical, to have one lone memory chip.

There could easily be one chip, and stenciled, empty spaces for two more, for a future potential of 14 = 448 bits.

Of course this could be fake, or there really could be only one potential locations.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-Memory-Layout-1.jpg

Unless they decided to drop the 60 series a price bracket (2060 launched at $349) the 5700xt is already competitive with it and it often sells for ~$349.

Not sure I buy that chart. 3060 seems disappointing at the ~349 price. Maybe nvidia will bring the 60 series back down to $249? Doubtful.

Then again raytracing performance and DLSS may be the real performance gains.

Unless they decided to drop the 60 series a price bracket (2060 launched at $349) the 5700xt is already competitive with it and it often sells for ~$349.

Not sure I buy that chart. 3060 seems disappointing at the ~349 price. Maybe nvidia will bring the 60 series back down to $249? Doubtful.

Then again raytracing performance and DLSS may be the real performance gains.

NVidia dropping price brackets seems unlikely.

2060 is already showing issues with Ray Tracing and 6GB of memory, so there is no way I would buy a Ray Tracing card with only 6GB of VRAM.

So if AMD gets a Ray Tracing capable card in this slot and it has 8GB. It looks at lot better for them.

Also there are some signs AMD might have ML Inferencing HW, since the Xbox documentation makes a reference to it.
https://hardforum.com/threads/video...e-details-xbox-series-x-architecture.2000209/

If this chart is valid, it was taken from WCCFTech, I would definitely be ok with the 3080. If the 3080ti(3090)was below $1200 I would get that one.View attachment 270388

Keep saying what you want about WCCF tech, but this chart is looking rather legit:
https://www.techpowerup.com/271062/...es-on-userbenchmark-rocks-19gbps-memory-clock

So the 3080 get 320 bit at 19 GB/s whlie the 3090 will have a full 384 bit at a blistering 21 GB/s, most likely 12 GB total. ($1700 rumored). The Titan Ampere numbers only work with 384 bit at 17 GB/s, which is something we have never seen before. I am guessing that will get 24 GB of love.

Is it going to be plagued with problems like the 2000 series? That would not be good.

Back