RTX 3xxx performance speculation

Rumors are putting the 3080Ti 20%-35% faster than a 2080Ti across the board. Personally I wish it to be at least 50% but its not going to happen. We'll be lucky to see 35% performance increase. Pricing rumors have been between $1,000 and $1,500. I'm thinking between $1,000-$1,200 and probably closer to $1,200.

I haven't seen any pricing rumors at all. I expect those would be even more sketch than HW rumors.

you can't have 20GB on a 384 bit bus.

My god, can't people that pull rumors from their ass at least do simple math?

Yeah, and the 384 bit bus was the only thing that didn't have a question mark.

If I was making up a rumor, I would put them like this:

3080: 320 bit, 10 GB
3080 Ti: 384 bit, 12 GB
Titan: 384 bit, 24 GB

But that would actually make sense.

you can't have 20GB on a 384 bit bus.

My god, can't people that pull rumors from their ass at least do simple math?

You can have 20GB on a 384bit bus. It's not something that's physically impossible. Mismatched ram and bus speeds has happened before and Nvidia has used odd ram/bus combinations in the past.

Not saying that any of these rumours are true in that screenshot.

Rumors are putting the 3080Ti 20%-35% faster than a 2080Ti across the board. Personally I wish it to be at least 50% but its not going to happen. We'll be lucky to see 35% performance increase. Pricing rumors have been between $1,000 and $1,500. I'm thinking between $1,000-$1,200 and probably closer to $1,200.

I thought rumors pointed towards a 3080 being 35% faster than a 2080ti and a 3080ti being 50% fasteer. Then the class of titan/3090 would be 24 gb, 20 gb for 3080ti, and 10gb for 3080.

People seem to confuse speculation with rumor. Two very different things. Most importantly one is completely random made up bullshit.

IMO, most of click-bait rumor/leak channels that people seem to readily believe these days, are posting random made up bullshit. Wether they make it up themselves or someone is feeding them stuff they made up, doesn't make much difference.

People seem to confuse speculation with rumor. Two very different things. Most importantly one is completely random made up bullshit.

I’m not trying to be funny but between speculation and rumor which one is made up bullshit? Again I’m serious. Thank You 🙏

I’m not trying to be funny but between speculation and rumor which one is made up bullshit? Again I’m serious. Thank You 🙏

Lol, speculation certainly. I would class something as a rumor if it came from a source with a good track record and there are very few of those. Also reliable rumors tend to have specific information or even pictures sometimes!

For GPUs the first reliable info is usually board/chip shots and PCB/chip SKU codes. Early rumors of clock speeds, chip configuration or pricing are almost always nonsense.

Considering the 2080 ti reaches 40% faster than 1080 ti at 4K, why would Ampere at 7nm and 300+W not reach at least 50%? I think posts like yours are clearly biased (or very misinformed) and not grounded in reality.

Last edited:
Lol, speculation certainly. I would class something as a rumor if it came from a source with a good track record and there are very few of those. Also reliable rumors tend to have specific information or even pictures sometimes!

For GPUs the first reliable info is usually board/chip shots and PCB/chip SKU codes. Early rumors of clock speeds, chip configuration or pricing are almost always nonsense.

Often the price (NVIDIA) is set in the last week before the launch, which makes these "rumors" even more retarded

??? Incorrect rumors get repeated endlessly right up until product release, so this seems to be a meaningless statement.

this thread is about rumors/speculation...of course a lot will be wrong or half right etc...that's the fun of a product release, the endless rumors...don't be so uptight if a rumor is incorrect...relax and have fun with it...

this thread is about rumors/speculation...of course a lot will be wrong or half right etc...that's the fun of a product release, the endless rumors...don't be so uptight if a rumor is incorrect...relax and have fun with it...

These threads only provide crap.
Much better to discuss the product after launch on its merits rather than people posting crap after crap after crap...that is effing boring and uninspiring.

I'll be shocked if it's even 35% faster. My standards are really low for Nvidia.

That doesn't lend any logic to the post I quesitoned.

I'll be shocked if it's even 35% faster. My standards are really low for Nvidia.

Based on which facts exactly?

2080Ti, one of the worst increases over the previous gen, is still +40% faster than 1080Ti.
Nvidia always delivered performance, even though I think 2080Ti was lackluster.
The pricing is a different story. Yeah I can expect +50% - +60% increase over 2080Ti and a higher costs.
It's a more realistic scenario.

I think you got confused Nvidia with AMD.

You can have 20GB on a 384bit bus. It's not something that's physically impossible. Mismatched ram and bus speeds has happened before and Nvidia has used odd ram/bus combinations in the past.

Not saying that any of these rumours are true in that screenshot.
Ever since the rumors started there have been multiple bus/memory configuration that don't make sense.

Like Navi 20 with 24gb on a 4096bit bus on HBM2e
Navi 20 with 16gb on 384 bit bus (later "rectified" as 512bit bus)
RTX 3080Ti/3090 16gb on 384bit bus

and so on and so forth.

Whose rumors are placing it at only 25pct? I sincerely doubt that will be the case :p.

Whose rumors are placing it at only 25pct? I sincerely doubt that will be the case :p.
don't even get me started on performance.

I've seen rumors saying Navi20 barely matching the RTX2080ti to an actual nvidia killer anhililating even Ampere.

And Ampere? well anywhere from 25% to 90%, to orders of magnitude faster than Turing

don't even get me started on performance.

I've seen rumors saying Navi20 barely matching the RTX2080ti to an actual nvidia killer anhililating even Ampere.

And Ampere? well anywhere from 25% to 90%, to orders of magnitude faster than Turing
LOL yep my favorites are the ones claiming 400pct faster framerate in raytracing.

Based on which facts exactly?

2080Ti, one of the worst increases over the previous gen, is still +40% faster than 1080Ti.
Nvidia always delivered performance, even though I think 2080Ti was lackluster.
The pricing is a different story. Yeah I can expect +50% - +60% increase over 2080Ti and a higher costs.
It's a more realistic scenario.

I think you got confused Nvidia with AMD.

The 2080ti was not 40% faster than the 1080ti in traditional games.

I think this is possible. Optimizing RT 1st gen cores? Maybe not 4x but who knows?

It's not possible unless it's also 400 percent faster in traditional games as well. Ray Tracing effects don't only use RT cores. RT cores just detect intersections, you still need to shade them.

Reactions: noko
like this
If I was making up a rumor, I would put them like this:

3080: 320 bit, 10 GB
3080 Ti: 384 bit, 12 GB
Titan: 384 bit, 24 GB

But that would actually make sense.

Micron Document confirms 3090 being product name for the Top card instead of 3080Ti, and confirms memory config at 12GB, even on the top dog 3090:

https://videocardz.com/newz/micron-confirms-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-gets-21gbps-gddr6x-memory

IMO 3090 product name, probably is an indicator of another price jump. :(

There might be three big guns this time.
3080 - 10GB - Slightly better than 2080Ti for ~800
3080 Ti 11 GB (more active cores) ~$1000
3090 12 GB (Max active cores) $1200+

And probably another $100 for FE cards...

12GB on the highest-end non-Titan model? U serious Nvidia?

These cards better have HDMI 2.1. Seriously.

Back