RTX 3080 Founder's Edition Review by Gamer's Nexus.

Dang, ASUS TUF seems to have a surprisingly good cooler.

It'll be interesting to see how much better, if at all, the Strix cooler is.

Last edited:
Reactions: erek
like this
I gotta say I'm not seeing a huge benefit to any of the current (cheaper) AIB cards, based on reviews so far.

That said, they seem to perform in-line with FE cards with similar-ish overclocks, so I guess it's whatever you can get ahold of. Be interesting to see if the higher-end cards fare better.

Reactions: Parja
like this
I gotta say I'm not seeing a huge benefit to any of the current (cheaper) AIB cards, based on reviews so far.

That said, they seem to perform in-line with FE cards with similar-ish overclocks, so I guess it's whatever you can get ahold of. Be interesting to see if the higher-end cards fare better.

Yeah, NVIDIA has finally steppe d yup the cooling to third-party cooler level. Might actually buy an NVIDIA -made card for the first time!

They are quieter, which is not unimportant.

After all of the reviews I’m fine with my 2080 Ti for now. Overall 25% ish improvement at my resolution where most games were already in the 100-144hz range.

What concerns me is that the performance boost mostly aligns with the power increase which is baffling to me. I don’t understand how that’s possible with the increases across the board and die shrink.

After all of the reviews I’m fine with my 2080 Ti for now. Overall 25% ish improvement at my resolution where most games were already in the 100-144hz range.

What concerns me is that the performance boost mostly aligns with the power increase which is baffling to me. I don’t understand how that’s possible with the increases across the board and die shrink.

I'm wondering about what engineer changes they underwent prior to start of work on this gen, it seems like they lost some wizards and settled on brute force.

Back