RTX 2080 Ti Overclocking (Settings, Tips, etc.)

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by Domingo, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Domingo

Domingo [H]ardForum Junkie

The subject seems straightforward enough.
    What card model, settings, and program (Precision X1, Afterburner, or something else) are you using?
    Any tips or advice?

Porter_ and NukeDukem like this.
  2. Araxie

Araxie [H]ardness Supreme

From what GPU are you upgrading? the process it's the same since kepler and as the subject it's pretty straightforward, increase power limit, increase temp limit and start adding core in a 20mhz stepped basis until you find crash or unstability.. you may want to test with little bit of underclocking to see if it boost higher by itself, it not then start adding voltage in the lesser way possible..

regarding the app used, the newer Precision X1 with the scanner may do everything for you and guide you on what to do and how proceed.

3. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

Start with +150/+750 and work your way up until it crashes/artifacts or your 3DMark score decreases.

4. tordogs

tordogs Limp Gawd

Porter_ and Domingo like this.
  5. Domingo

Domingo [H]ardForum Junkie

This is more of what I was looking for. I get the principle of what to do but was looking for some good starting points and targets to begin with. The PX1 "scanner" changed my power curve, but it doesn't tell you anything about what values it changed and what they now are.

6. NukeDukem

NukeDukem 2[H]4U

My initial results with the Zotac AMP 2080Ti that just arrived this morning:

Precision XOC
    Power target: +115% (max)
    GPU clock offset: +100
    Mem Clock Offset: +250

GPU initially boosts right up to 2130MHz, then settles at 2085MHz after heating up. Fan speed hits 50% on Auto and the card stays pretty quiet. My game (NS2) did freeze when going to +140 on the core offset, so I'll slowly adjust from +100 in smaller increments until I reach game stability.

So far, so good!

jpouza, Porter_ and Domingo like this.
  7. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

Keep us posted. I have the same card being delivered on Friday.

8. tacos4me

tacos4me Gawd

Playing with my FE model this morning. Probably some clock left in the memory, but +90 is it on the core for my card. Temps are good, ~67c @ 70% fan. Waterblock incoming anyway.

123% Power
    +90 GPU Core
    +700 Memory
    1920-1935MHz core/sustained

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Porter_ likes this.
  9. Montu

Montu [H]ard DCOTM x4

RTX 2080 Ti FE

123% Power
    +115 Core
    +650 Memory

Using AB Beta

10. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

Wanted to share this. Using MSI Afterburner, the newest beta. I cannot find the built in nVidia scanner feature which I thought the newest Afterburner was supposed to have.

max power slider, 110%, +90 core, +220 memory. I need to play with it a bit more. It's still running pretty cool I think.

Attached Files:

11. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

click the tiny bar graph icon next to the core clock slider. then in the window that appears click the OC Scanner button in the top right corner. it's buried, not intuitive at all.

12. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

Hey Porter, thanks. I actually had to consult Reddit to figure out how to use it. It's very buried for sure. It's also dependent on having rivatuner statistics installed as well.