RSA Conference Bans Booth Babes

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are attending RSA Conference 2015, be prepared for a distinct lack of both babes this year, thanks to a new set rues for the security event. Please note that this is in no way sexist as the wardrobe restriction also applies to men, especially if they were ever in an 80's metal hair band.

All Expo staff are expected to dress in business and/or business casual attire. Exhibitors should ensure that the attire of al staff they deploy at their booth (whether the exhibitor’s direct employees or their contractors) be considered appropriate in a professional environment. Attire of an overly revealing or suggestive nature is not permitted. Examples of such attire may include but are not restricted to:

• Tops displaying excessive cleavage
  • Tank tops, halter tops, camisole tops or tube tops
  • Miniskirts or minidresses
  • Shorts
  • Lycra (or other Second-Skin) bodysuits
  • Objectionable or offensive costumes.

Models are great for fashion events but a waste of time for any technical product/service knowledge. Ask anyone, and most will tell you that free stuff and after-show parties are what professional conference attendees want.

They didn't specifically exclude body paint!

I want to see the ensuing hilarity after somebody arrives in "business casual" body paint! :D

I'm not really sure this matters. Attractive girls still look good no matter what they wear -- within reason.

This is obviously just another example of our patriarchal society with it's male dominated businesses and organizations telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies. Someone get Anita to write a scathing editorial!

This whole thread reminds me of the youtube video titled:

Even More Problems with Jeggings

Like anyone attractive goes to an RSA conference anyhow. I mean really, its mostly hairy crypto analysts in their mid- to late-50s that have more hair around the moob nipples than they have left on their heads. Do you guys seriously want those people busting out crotchless fishnet bodysuits?

Had to google "rsa conference" just to see what it is. Not sure how booth babes would ever be present at a conference like this anyhow.

Models are great for fashion events but a waste of time for any technical product/service knowledge. Ask anyone, and most will tell you that free stuff and after-show parties are what professional conference attendees want.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because guys forget that they have dicks at the RSA conference! Mythbusters just did a test that showed that both men AND women appreciate seeing ample busts, and men will tip a busty woman 30% more and women will tip 40% more. Furthermore, we have scientific evidence that shows that staring at breasts is actually very healthy (see study by Dr. Karen Weatherby of Frankfurt... Germans never lie; except when its about invading Poland).

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because guys forget that they have dicks at the RSA conference! Mythbusters just did a test that showed that both men AND women appreciate seeing ample busts, and men will tip a busty woman 30% more and women will tip 40% more. Furthermore, we have scientific evidence that shows that staring at breasts is actually very healthy (see study by Dr. Karen Weatherby of Frankfurt... Germans never lie; except when its about invading Poland).

Mythbusters performs credible research? :eek:

People actually believe what they see on their televisions and repeat it to others to sound informed? :eek:

Is it just me or is everyone a slack-jawed faggot now.

Is it just me or is everyone a slack-jawed faggot now.

What do you expect. Liberals believe gender is an artificial construct and fluid, and lots of men feel that by bringing their feminine, sensitive side to the fore they are "enlightened".

So, if some powerful, independent woman wants to take advantage of the effect her natural attributes have on males and make some money, she's forbidden from doing so by people who know what's best for her.

So expect attendance to drop drastically now? perhaps a string of cancellation notices?

Booth babes are nice too look at and all, but not every convention needs them. Would've been nice to have booth babes at those scholastic book fairs though.

These faux-hookers are not wanted or needed at a professional event. Let them stay at the auto shows and fashion shows where they belong. Or perhaps in an alley in Vegas turning trix :p

They'll follow that up by letting you know that they read Playboy for the articles.

My question is... have they ever had anything even remotely like Booth babes in them? I never heard of RSA conference... and a security conference doesn't sound like a booth babe filled conference.

While I do agree that attractive models in skimpy outfits are not necessary at events like this, I'd rather not have a long list of rules that says no cleavage, no suggestive clothing, etc. How do they even define what is considered suggestive. That sounds more like something you'd expect to find in a conservative Muslim country, where not only do the women have to cover their entire body, but their clothing have to be loose enough that it doesn't show the shape of their body.

Had to google "rsa conference" just to see what it is. Not sure how booth babes would ever be present at a conference like this anyhow.

From the sound of it booth babes would probably be a really good idea

anti-male sexism. More of the "women are always right and men are always wrong" mentality. This is offensive to men...

Seems unnecessary to mandate this, if enough people complained about it, it would just go away anyway. Ergo, not very many people must be offended by it.

Do I personally think that hiring models who don't know anything about your product to represent you at a show is professional? No, not really. But I don't think they need to specifically ban clothing, I doubt it will actually have the intended effect anyway.

Back