Rosewill Power supplies? any good

spaceace420

Limp Gawd
I got a gigabyte non reference windforce gtx 760 with the 8 and 6 pin connectors on the way and have a corsair cx430 that I don't think is up to the 760 power requirements. If someone knows different please let me know. I found a good looking power supply and then realized it was a rosewill. Anyone have any personal experience with them? The reviews looked pretty good on the unit and modular is a bonus.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182132
Thanks in advance

Rosewill had amongst the worst reputations for PSUs. Emphasis on the word "had". Then, one day, they decided to fix that and started using much better OEMs. The Hive was pretty good in 2011, but I think you can probably do better now for $70. Not quite up to speed on what's best at that pricepoint.

But your CX430 should be just fine with the GTX 760, which has a TDP of 170W, only 60W more than your current GTX 650 Ti. You will probably rarely exceed 300W on your entire system.

The new higher end Rosewills are actually very nice. OEM's have changed and the quality and value are much higher now.

Thanks I was wondering on my power supply because everything kept saying minimum 38 amps on the 12 volt rail and mine is 32 I believe. I'll admit I was in shock when I realized it was a rosewill I was looking at, how times change. with promo code it is 59.99 and then a 10.00 rebate on top for the rosewill linked. I was going to post it in hot deals but I guess I haven't posted enough (last month I could lol). Not a bad deal since they have improved so much, next thing you know apevia will be decent too........ not holding my breath on that though.

don't let Skillz here that he thinks wattage numbers that do not exist without some thinking on his end.

Rosewill overall have ok power supplies, Hive-Green(certain ones) Capstone(some of) and bronze series (have to be careful on this one due to rail splitting apparently) seem to get good average reviews, I have researched both capstone and hive myself and overall test quite well.

Really depends on the specific power supply as they use Seasonic, CWT and other makers and rebrand them as their own.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1509347

There is known power supplies with great quality, if you are looking to save a few $ that's ok, but research the crap out of the one you plan on getting or the recommended one of their lineup, you don't always need a very high end power requirement really but its always good to have some overhead.

430 should probably do fine, not 100% sure what that cpu draws clocked up the way you have it, but the 700 series overall are quite power efficient.

The reason why AMD, Nvidia and such say the basic requirements for wattage and amps is because folks use very POS power supplies, so they have to give that overhead that most folks will be fine meeting up with, 22a is probably more then sufficient for that card, but keep in mind, the cpu, hard-drives and so forth also draw 12v and need wattage as well of course, so its better to be safe then sorry when doing these estimates :)

In software the cpu draws around 140w in ibt but never tops 100 gaming or benchmarking. I am slightly anal about getting everything I can out of my systems (old school socket 939 overclocking days) and wish I would have got a little better motherboard more available power. I think I'll make do with my corsair until I decide to go sli later on unless a great deal pops up.

well to each their own, if you plan on going SLI its almost not worth waiting to do cause by the time most do the cards that kind of made them "obsolete" in regards to performance, power etc do so rapidly enough. That and not all games scale with multiple-gpu and of course it is more power, more heat for a bump in performance sure but rarely a massive increase either, generally best to keep with single card unless you run stupid high resolutions or you get a wicked price on the same/similar model.

I ran one of those CX430's in a system with a single OC'd 7950 mining 24/7 for months. I can't imagine you'd have issues with a GTX760.

No issues at all and oh my god what a great card, boosts too 1228 without doing anything to it and nice and quiet too. Overclocks to 1306 without a problem. Thanks for the help guys

That CX430 will be fine if you just do gaming and casual usage, the HIVE 650W is not a bad PSU, but there are better PSUs that cost the same or only $10-20 more with lower ripple. For instance, the Corsair CX600M ~ $65, Antec HCG 620M $89, Seasonic G 650W for $99.

I'm also looking at a rosewill and was wondering the same, anyone know anything about the RBR1000-M ? Reviews seem to be great or terrible, so looking for some trusted advice here. It would be powering cpu, mobo, 5400 hdd, 2 6950 and a 280x. Though, I'm not quite sure if it would be able to power all cards because tis a split rail psu and I don't quite understand much about them...

If needed, I can run a 2d psu for the 280x to take a 300w load off the other one, but even still I'm not sure if rail 3 and 4 would be able to power my 2 6950s at 100% load and slighly OC'd as one of those rails powers the CPU as well and from what I have searched 20a 12v would only be 240w (2nd rail)

I'm also looking at a rosewill and was wondering the same, anyone know anything about the RBR1000-M ? Reviews seem to be great or terrible, so looking for some trusted advice here. It would be powering cpu, mobo, 5400 hdd, 2 6950 and a 280x. Though, I'm not quite sure if it would be able to power all cards because tis a split rail psu and I don't quite understand much about them...

If needed, I can run a 2d psu for the 280x to take a 300w load off the other one, but even still I'm not sure if rail 3 and 4 would be able to power my 2 6950s at 100% load and slighly OC'd as one of those rails powers the CPU as well and from what I have searched 20a 12v would only be 240w (2nd rail)

I use one of those in my mining rig and it works fine. Powered 3x7950's without any issues.

I use one of those in my mining rig and it works fine. Powered 3x7950's without any issues.

Ah alright, that's what i'd be usign it for as well as I'm sure you could tell:p How do you ahve it setup, ie in terms of what plugged into which rail? I'm only asking because I know the 'suggested' according ot msi is 30a per 6950, and theres 2 20 and 2 30 rails, and one of those 30 rails is used for the cpu as well. Should I look for a 1200 if I can find one, or even use another of my current ones and just run 2 PSUs? It would run 2 antec 620 High current psus then - i already have 2 6950s running on one somehow with 0 issues, so I could just put 1 card and cpu stuff on 1, other cards on the other.

would you suggest getting the 1000w rosewill psu or just double up my 620 (except it only has 48a on teh single rail so i'm not sure how my cards are even working heh)

I had a Capstone-M and I was really impressed with it, but there was something weird going on with the shielding from the onboard sound on my ASrock Extreme4 with that particular power supply and my sound system. I could not figure it out and I returned the Capstone to get rid of the loud popping noise that was coming over my sub at boot, unboot, and sleep/wake. I never did figure out the mystery other than getting a different power supply made it go away.

Ah alright, that's what i'd be usign it for as well as I'm sure you could tell:p How do you ahve it setup, ie in terms of what plugged into which rail? I'm only asking because I know the 'suggested' according ot msi is 30a per 6950, and theres 2 20 and 2 30 rails, and one of those 30 rails is used for the cpu as well. Should I look for a 1200 if I can find one, or even use another of my current ones and just run 2 PSUs? It would run 2 antec 620 High current psus then - i already have 2 6950s running on one somehow with 0 issues, so I could just put 1 card and cpu stuff on 1, other cards on the other.

would you suggest getting the 1000w rosewill psu or just double up my 620 (except it only has 48a on teh single rail so i'm not sure how my cards are even working heh)

I don't remember the details. I think I pretty much just plugged everything in and it worked.

Back