Rosewill Legacy Aluminum Cases - mATX and ITX

Jonsbo has some great designs. It is nice to see them come to the market in the US. Also nice to see another all aluminum minimalist case become available; an alternative to Lian Li.

Damn, I just bought one of the Jonsbo units off of aliexpress from China! Cost about $30 more than this, too (shipping)....wondering if I should just get the Rosewill unit instead as it'll probably arrive waaay sooner. :eek:

Wow, these are nice.

Ive been a Rosewill supporter for years. I have yet to get a bad product from them.

EDIT: No Optical Drive slots, HELL FUCKING YES!

I'm tempted to toss a Hawsell-E mATX with and Maxwell inside of the U3 late next year. Mini powerhouse.

I saw these at the Egg yesterday, while browsing for the BitFenix Phenom.

Sooo tempting to get either the itx or matx one with the side window, and build a custom "SteamBox" to show off to my gaming buddies, who have been getting hyped up over PS4/XB1. I love that case designers have finally come around to getting rid of that useless optical 5.25" bay, and all of the resulting waste of space at the front of the case.

The only thing I'm curious about is how long of a video card these can fit.

Ventilation will be a concern with the V3+ if you have a powerful GPU. Could mod for a fan in the bottom, but then you're sacrificing HDD mounting...

The Legacy V3 Plus (in silver) is currently my prime contender for my hackintosh build for my GF.

Marketing materials say 80mm is the max HSF height. I wonder if this is exactly 80mm, or if I can squeeze anything else slightly larger in there...

Zarathustra[H];1040756000 said:
The Legacy V3 Plus (in silver) is currently my prime contender for my hackintosh build for my GF.

Marketing materials say 80mm is the max HSF height. I wonder if this is exactly 80mm, or if I can squeeze anything else slightly larger in there...

Actually, I just had a thought...

I could use a mini-box.com pico-PSU, cover the back with a sheet of aluminum, and use the saved space to install a 120mm (or maybe even 140mm) sealed water cooler!

Back