• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rosewill case fan placement

ep3w

Gawd
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Messages
694
I am using the case below and had a few questions about fan placement/direction. I have a 92mm setup as exhaust at the back, a 120mm in front bottom right behind the lights as intake, 120mm on the lower side port setup as exhaust and a small 80mm in the lower two 5" bays as intake all hooked up to a fan controller. My main question is if the lower side 120mm should be set up as intake or exhaust? I typically leave it off unless I am gaming since my video card is right there. The top of the fan is right around the edge of the card. Thanks!

R6426-BK_640.jpg
 
lower side should be intake to feed the video card a blast of cool air and help force all the rising hot air out of the top rear. Do not worry about more in than out. The air will find its way out that 92mm and your power supply fans and in fact "force feed" them somewhat. It will work like a champ and if you are monitoring your gpu temps I bet they drop by 3C at least.
 
Thanks for the suggestion! I will have to turn it around and try it out. I am going to try switching out the upper 80mm one for something a little stronger. Whats in there now is the one that came with the case and doesn't move much air. I just need to get my hot glue gun to put the new one in :p
 
Back
Top