• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Robot Deer Captures Poachers

Steve said:
Amidst the commotion, the deer stands unfazed. You can't rattle a robo-deer, but you can be arrested for shooting one.

Since when is it against the law to shoot robots? 28th amendment?
 
could be argued in court, I suppose it would depend on which lawyer can argue better (most trials) I would just say I knew it was a robot and the game warden would say I had the intent of illegal killing a deer. IDK some states my actually have a statute that says shooting robotic animal decoys is punishable to the extent of poaching. That would make it a lot easier and make more sense b/c very few ppl are going to be able to tell the difference between real/decoy deer, especially from 100 yards away, and you know if someone actually shoot the dang thing then they definitely didn't know it was a decoy.
 
Nobody forces them to shoot, therefore, it doesn't meet the legal definition of entrapment. The precedent was set when police departments in California began using bait cars fitted with remote shut-off and locking systems to catch car thieves.
 
I would have to represent myself in court, then claim that it was obvious to me that the Borg had taken over the deer, adding it's biological distinctiveness to their own. Since I am a blood enemy of the Borg, I was only doing my duty.

Insanity defense FTW!
 
lol, I actually saw this on the Outdoor network quite some time ago. I am a deer hunter, and I think this is a great idea. There are year-round poachers where I hunt, and they are jackasses that ruin everything. They hurt the deer population, are idiots to their neighbors, and trespass on private property.

In a related story, the DNR had setup a decoy deer off the side of the road where I go up north to hunt. It was an effort to catch poachers. They were sitting down the road watching via hidden camera who would stop to take a shot at it, then, they would pull up and catch them. Well, this one IDIOT stopped and took a shot, then he took another shot because the deer didn't drop like it was supposed to. Then he took a 3rd shot! LOL, this guy must of been the dumbest mofo I heard of in my life. I mean, the decoy deer was only 30 yards or so off the road, and obviously the gun shot of the first time would scare away the deer if you missed. They asked the guy, and he just thought he missed it twice. Some people need to grow a brain and follow the laws so it doesn't ruin hunting for everyone.
 
deerattackmodnn9.jpg
 
yevaud said:
Since when is it against the law to shoot robots? 28th amendment?
Lets See, Its a crime to carry a loaded Rifle in the pasanger compartment of a car, its a crime to destroy property, Its also a crime to be a Dumb ass, but lucky for you they dont enfoce it due to theres just to damn many of you out there!
 
kahplah deer! today is a good day to dieeeeee!

[/geek mode]
 
Back
Top