• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Roboblitz Unreal Engine 3 Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've looked in every available spot on my 360 for this game demo and I'm not finding it, which leads me to a couple of conclusions

Two things: Either I'm stupid, which is very likely.

or

Somebody is talking about ROBOTRON in the live arcade section (which makes them stupid :D), and this game isn't actually available as a demo on the 360

Somebody shed me some light
 
Kahnvex said:
Ok, I've looked in every available spot on my 360 for this game demo and I'm not finding it, which leads me to a couple of conclusions

Two things: Either I'm stupid, which is very likely.

or

Somebody is talking about ROBOTRON in the live arcade section (which makes them stupid :D), and this game isn't actually available as a demo on the 360

Somebody shed me some light
a quick google for roboblitz & arcade brings this up:

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGPPiiNuLi12050134

also, there's an announcement on Naked Sky's site:

http://www.nakedsky.com/
 
k, so I set Nvidia to force 4/4 AA/AF and then started RoboHordes at 1280X1024.

Big pics, full pixel size, but at JPEG max, so it will be a wait.
th_robo-4-4.jpg
RoboHordes at 4/4
And another one at 4/4
th_robo-4-4-2.jpg
second at 4/4

And then I exited and set to 8/16:
th_robo-8-16.jpg
RoboHordes at 8/16
and a second one at 8/16
th_robo-8-16-2.jpg
RoboHordes 2 @ 8/16

You can see the FRAPS at the bottom, and this is at HighQuality mode all performance tweaks set to quality options, Gamma AA, and SSAA on.

Single 7800GTX on Air running stock with a 3.6HT and 2X512 DDR2.

The AA helps the IQ, of course, and it runs fairly smooth at 4/4 HQ settings.
 
imagine trying to run this game on your intel machine shipped with elite intel extreme graphics :)
 
Yeah so, it's announced for distribution through XBL arcade, it's not AVAILABLE, which is what I asked. Although in a round-a-bout way that got my question answered, so, thanks.

To clear it up, it's available in spring 2006 on the 360, not now.
 
Dgephri said:
k, so I set Nvidia to force 4/4 AA/AF and then started RoboHordes at 1280X1024.

You can see the FRAPS at the bottom, and this is at HighQuality mode all performance tweaks set to quality options, Gamma AA, and SSAA on.

Single 7800GTX on Air running stock with a 3.6HT and 2X512 DDR2.

The AA helps the IQ, of course, and it runs fairly smooth at 4/4 HQ settings.
If this is a very basic implementation of UE3, I hate to see how UT2007 will chew up and spit out current top-end hardware.

edited for spelling ;)
 
sarbz said:
If this is a very basic implementation of UE3, I hate to see how UT2007 will chew up and spit out current top-end hardware.

edited for spelling ;)

At the GeForce Lan 1 (6800 lunch) Tim Sweeney said that the 6800U was the first card to be able to render their new engine with decent performance, then a few weeks later after SLI was relaunched epic's tech demo (which had assets from what we know now as "Gears of War") had about an 80% jump in frame rate (6800U in sli) so I suppose with that in mind the sweet spot in terms of performance/price would be 7800GT's in SLI.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
Wow we need Rich Tate to come here and shut this thread down.

The guy simply told us about a Unreal 3 demo, to give us a good glimpse the Unreal 3 engine holds. Then all of sudden this thread went to crap by everyone choosing the Intel or AMD side.

sarbz, tonight I will run this demo and ill PM you with my results if I can get it to work, assuming it will work.
More than one mod on this forum, ya know...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top