• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Roboblitz Unreal Engine 3 Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarbz

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
1,319
Anyone try that Roboblitz game demo that uses UE3? I downloaded it twice from 2 different locations, and it won't install properly. It gets to the end and has a wierd error. It says something like, "Franz Liszt was born on October 22, 1811 in Raiding, Hungary".

Just wanted to know if I was crazy, or if anyone else experienced this....
 
I know it was bundled with intels for a while....but now fileplanet has it on the front page as a downloadable demo. It says nothing about intel only.

I got all pumped up to see UE3 in action live on my pc.....if the demo actually is intel only, it's goint to be a letdown :(
 
This is what Fileshack has to say about it:

"Playable demo of RoboBlitz, an Unreal Engine 3.0 game developed for Intel CPUs supporting Hyper-Threading Technology."
 
Xenomaniac said:
What? Thats bullshit, why only intel? Intel sucks for gaming.

Yup, Intel must suck for gaming alright, I can play FEAR with maximum settings with my P4, that sucks so badly.

Oh, and it isn't dependent on the GPU at all. :rolleyes: We've all heard the "Intel sucks" or "AMD sucks" stuff before but let's please leave it at the door...

They probably only supported P4s because they optimized the code to work with HT and didn't have enough time to make the demo non-HT ready for other procs...
 
Regardless of "intel sucks" or "amd sucks" they are cutting people out of their game. If this trend continues for years to come will I have to buy both an intel and an amd computer to play all games?
 
Darakian said:
Regardless of "intel sucks" or "amd sucks" they are cutting people out of their game. If this trend continues for years to come will I have to buy both an intel and an amd computer to play all games?

Dude, it's a DEMO! One that was made to be distributed with Intel products...
 
Maximus825 said:
Dude, it's a DEMO! One that was made to be distributed with Intel products...

I was using an extreme to get my point across :rolleyes:
IMO they should have made it playable on amd before making it downloadable.
 
It's also an xbox live arcade game.....that's odd that it would run on the xbox360's cpu, an intel cpu, but not an amd cpu.
 
PWMK2 said:
Yup, Intel must suck for gaming alright, I can play FEAR with maximum settings with my P4, that sucks so badly.

Oh, and it isn't dependent on the GPU at all. :rolleyes: We've all heard the "Intel sucks" or "AMD sucks" stuff before but let's please leave it at the door...

They probably only supported P4s because they optimized the code to work with HT and didn't have enough time to make the demo non-HT ready for other procs...
For games that aren't GPU limited, intel gets spanked.
 
Maximus825 said:
Dude, it's a DEMO! One that was made to be distributed with Intel products...

You read my mind, when I read that same comment I thought the same thing, its JUST a demo. And AMD does kick intels ass when it comes to gaming, the benchmarks prove it. Stop living in denial.
 
Killdozer said:
For games that aren't GPU limited, intel gets spanked.

I don't remember the last time I played Quake 3 on 640x480.

I'll dl and take some screens, whats a good hosting site?
 
ok, enough of the amd vs intel bullshit. That's not what this thread was started for.

Anyone with an Intel system dl and play this? I know it's just a demo, but it's one of our first interactive glimpses into UE3, and that interests me. If anyone gets a chance, take some hi-res screenshots to share :)
 
Ugh, I downloaded that three times just to get the error about a guy's birthday...
 
Yup, Intel must suck for gaming alright, I can play FEAR with maximum settings with my P4, that sucks so badly.

You must have a better PC than the [H]ardocp guys, because in their article, they couldn't come close to running FEAR at maximum settings.
 
Json23 said:
You must have a better PC than the [H]ardocp guys, because in their article, they couldn't come close to running FEAR at maximum settings.
On a 3.2GHz P4 and a 6800GT I ran at 4xAA 16xAF With all details maximum and soft shadows on, without hangs, but at 1024x768.

Enough hijacking though, I'll check out the demo for you and get some screens.
 
ChronicTrees said:
I don't remember the last time I played Quake 3 on 640x480.

I'll dl and take some screens, whats a good hosting site?

imageshack.us is a good place to host them
 
Wow we need Rich Tate to come here and shut this thread down.

The guy simply told us about a Unreal 3 demo, to give us a good glimpse the Unreal 3 engine holds. Then all of sudden this thread went to crap by everyone choosing the Intel or AMD side.

sarbz, tonight I will run this demo and ill PM you with my results if I can get it to work, assuming it will work.
 
On a 3.2GHz P4 and a 6800GT I ran at 4xAA 16xAF With all details maximum and soft shadows on, without hangs, but at 1024x768.

You need to share your secrets with the [H]ardware guys then, because you are getting better results than they did with lesser hardware.

Anyway, so how is it? Does it look alright? What resolution, blah-blah-blah was playable on your rig? I am very interested in this. Since I tend to game with my PC, I have an AMD CPU and can't share in the fun. : (
 
Hyperthreading never did jack for me on my Pentium 4 3.2GHz cpu. I consider it about as worthwhile as MMX on my old Pentium 200. Since I switched to an Athlon 64 3200+ I have never considered Intel again.
 
Alright, ignoring all this "holier than thou" crap going on, it's amazing that this demo is only 50mb large! A press release also said that Xbox 360 demo uses the PhysX processor...so does that mean Microsoft included one in my 'Box? Methinks they're just hawking UE3's ability to use Aegia's chip.
 
I got the demo to work. The game looks pretty decent and ran fairly well at 800x600. My specs are P4 3.4, 1GB DDR2, 6600GT. The dynamic shadows are more like doom3, fear, and Riddick thus are volumetric. Also, the dynamic shadows are self shadowing. Still the dynamic lighting and shadowing system is hard to judge since there are NO dynamic lights! Explosions, gun fire, etc don't act as light sources thus they don't light up anything. Nothing graphically really stood out. The terrain is deformable which is pretty cool, but generates lag since more polygons are formed. I was able to make a huge pit where all my enemies feel into and died. Gameplay-wise, the game is just a fun, mindless shooter where you blow up wave after wave of enemies. The selection of power ups seem very limited along with the types of enemies. I guess the demo is worth trying out to see how future low end UE3 games will run.
 
This got me thinking about whether or not this will be brought up in the AMD vs Intel legal squable? :D
 
Hyperthreading never did jack for me on my Pentium 4 3.2GHz cpu. I consider it about as worthwhile as MMX on my old Pentium 200. Since I switched to an Athlon 64 3200+ I have never considered Intel again.

Same here. I am not a brand loyalist, but when Intel out-performs AMD again I will buy their CPUs for gaming. Until then, it is AMD all the way for me.
 
A press release also said that Xbox 360 demo uses the PhysX processor...so does that mean Microsoft included one in my 'Box?

Is it available for download on the Xbox360?!
 
Yup, as an arcade game. Gotta use some of those overpriced Microsoft points to get it though! It's not the full game either, just the demo.
 
Is the 360 demo worth checking out since you have to pay for it? I don't know anyone with an Intel rig anymore that is used for gaming, so that would be the only way I could check it out.
 
I first saw this over at EOC. I dl'd it a couple nights ago.

By reading the Intel dev page, I found it pretty clear it's using the UE3 to Demo the PHYSICS.

I ran it on my P4 3.6HT 2X512 Corsair DDR2@667 7800GTX 256Meg and I was able to run it at 1280X1024.

The game itself is "ok" IMO, the cool part is how all the enemies break up in a fairly realistic way (5-20 pieces IIRC).

I will fire up my 3.73EE rig with the 512GTX and see what other options are enabled, if any.
 
Will this demo only run on HT (P4 2.4C and up) and Pentium D CPUs? Or simply Intel CPUs exclusively? (Pentium M, Celeron D, P4 line)
 
read the whole thread, where are the supar mods?

i'll dl it in a lil bit and attempt screenies.
 
1280x1024 screen shot P4 @ 3.2GHz 6600GT PCIe
untitled0or.jpg

get like 10 fps average at that resolution, 800x600 is smoother
 
Looks pretty cool. When I get around to building my pentium d rig I'll have to try it out.
 
yeah, I got like 20-80fps on my 7800GTX, I will post up some figures when I get home
 
cool, thanks for the screenshots...those game devs are bastards...intel only....phhh :p

And thanks for all the crap that many of you have bestowed upon my thread. I really appreciate it. Any more of that, and I'll close it :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top