Robberbaron and (cf)Eclipse preach the truth about A64's and memory

GMaxx said:
So, what did you hook up with now? I'm sure it's going to be a sweet new rig. :D

Well I have 3 revE chips now. Two Venice 3000+'s and an X2 4200+. Basically my sig says what I use for "24/7"

baron, you should redo the benches to represent how memory speed effects performance on s939

I noticed little performance loss going to Kingston Valueram PC2700 from HyperX PC3500.

Can't do proper benchmarks right now because my other stick of hyperx is being RMA'd. But to but it simply, 50-100MHz extra CPU makes up for 50MHz loss on RAM.

this should be a sticky; rather critical info if you're on a budget and plan to overclock. thank you, guys!

so ..basically its better to go for as high a fsb on your A64 chip and not worry about what your memory can do so you can divide the heck out of it ..?

so 250mhz fsb X 10 multi with 5:6 ram divided would be faster then 228mhz fsb x 11 multi with ram at 1:1?

Thanks for the valuable info.... :)

ThreeDee said:
so ..basically its better to go for as high a fsb on your A64 chip and not worry about what your memory can do so you can divide the heck out of it ..?
almost. it's all about the max cpu speed. dividers and multi's don't mean anything, only the final speed of the cpu and ram

A bump for the loss of sticky, and a question posing:

How's this apply to your OperOwns, boys?

GilmourD said:
How's this apply to your OperOwns, boys?
about the same. i plan on doing extensive testing on the subject when i can ;)
also, this was never a sticky to my recollection :cool:

(cf)Eclipse said:
about the same. i plan on doing extensive testing on the subject when i can ;)
also, this was never a sticky to my recollection :cool:

It was a sticky for like 4 days.

Back