Road Redemption

Dang. They are in nola. Might make a day trip soon. Muahahha

haha this is cool. LOVED some road rash back in the day. such a simple game, but so much fun.

I'm in for $15. (lowest tier that gets you a copy of the game).
First time I have ever done the kick starter thing, in fact I am normally against prepaying for a game in any way, but I want this game to be made. Time will tell if I get burned or not. $15 is not exactly a big risk to me.

This is my first ever Kickstarter donation, and I kicked in a pretty hefty sum. We all have certain things which evoke strong nostalgia for a certain point in our lives, and Road Rash really brings back some great memories—not just of the game itself, but of everything else that was going on in my life at the time.

or maybe lots of motion blur.

Usually you will get some of that when you ride a sportbike. But yeah, they are probably low res, its being made for all devices I think.

But really..if you're a fan of Road Rash, do you actually care how large the textures are? There hasn't been a game like this in well over a decade.

Loved the original, this name bugs me though since its lifted from Red Dead Redemption

Name needs to be more original/catchy, I realize its a minor point :). It should probably be Road Rash something-something, like Road Rash: Rebellion, so there's no question and doesn't throw away its name recognition and built up goodwill in gamer memory

Name needs to be more original/catchy, I realize its a minor point :). It should probably be Road Rash something-something, like Road Rash: Rebellion, so there's no question and doesn't throw away its name recognition and built up goodwill in gamer memory

Its not a "Road Rash" game. Its inspired by Road Rash yes. They probably do not own rights to the name, so they couldn't use "Road Rash", according to wikipedia EA still owns it.

It should probably be Road Rash something-something, like Road Rash: Rebellion, so there's no question and doesn't throw away its name recognition and built up goodwill in gamer memory

Yeah because they really want to get sued, right? :rolleyes:

Its not a "Road Rash" game. Its inspired by Road Rash yes. They probably do not own rights to the name, so they couldn't use "Road Rash", according to wikipedia EA still owns it.

Which is why its dead now.

Wonder if someone will do a Vigilante 8 clone now. That game had awesome multiplayer.

I am still debating backing this project. I only played Road Rash a handful of times (I think just once) and I wasn't terribly impressed with it.

If someone was to redo Vigilante 8... depending on who, I would be much more inclined to back that project for sure. I played the heck out of that game on my N64.

edit
Did some quick searches. Seems Activision owns the rights to Vigilante 8 which happens to be a direct spinoff from Interstate '76 which is also owned by Activision. If I76 is anything like V8, I'm game for that too.

Edit 2
Seems you can buy Interstate '76 and Interstate '82 (The sequel) on GOG.com for like $6 each. Thinking about picking them up and trying them out.

Edit 3
Upon further inspection, think I'm gonna pass. Someone needs to do a modern version for sure.

Edit 4
No more edits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want this game! I still have Road Rash. As soon as I get a chance to assemble my vintage box I/ll load it up.

Looks great, but after Wasteland, FTL, Carmageddon, and Doublefine (3/4 yet to be delivered!), I'm not sure I'm up to back anything else for the time being. 2014 is a long way away : /

I want this game! I still have Road Rash. As soon as I get a chance to assemble my vintage box I/ll load it up.

Me too, I play it on my Genesis emulator regularly. Still as fun as it ever was.

....That Public Enemy No.1 guy is an A#$hole! :D

So this game is available on the Humble Store now, but it's still Early Access which makes me very hesitant.

When I got the email from HB and saw the screencap of this I just about shat my pants at the thought of a modern Road Rash inspired game, but it saddens me that this thread is 14 months old and the game still isn't finished. Did anyone get in on an earlier version and if so, can you tell us how far the game has come since then? If this game was promised to be finished in 2014 and they are committed to doing so, then that's promising. I guess I'll hang out and see what happens. I have no real interest in paying $34 for an Early Access game (um, are they cray?) but even if the devs never finish it I'd probably pick it up cheap at some point later just to see what the gameplay is like.

Road Rash was ridiculously fun. This game HAS to make it. It's been too long.

I do so want this game! I remember rocking Road Rash on the 3DO such great music!

This tune I remember the most - Soundgarden still rocking!

Kickstand, you got loose and I threw up
Yeah kickstand, you got the juice to fill my cup
My mother says that it's alright
My mother says that's the only life

So do it right
Do it right
Come stand me up
Come stand me up
Come stand me up

Oh kickstand, I got saddle made of leather
Oh kickstand, I got the words to come together
I got the urge to ride your trike, yeah
My mother says that's the only life

So do it right
Do it right
Come stand me up
Come stand me up
Come stand me up

Oh kickstand, you got loose and I threw up
Yeah kickstand, you got the juice to fill my cup
My mother said that it's alright

Do it right
Do it right
Stand me up
Stand me up
Stand me up

for fucks sake, how many scrypts do I have to allow to let that play

note to devs...don't make me dig for your goddamned ad...next

Ok I bit the bullet and bought it. I must say if you're a RR fan this will definitely have you satisfied. The team on this project also seems very diligent, they release updates quite often.

I even installed an N64 emulator to play Road Rash 64 on my comp lol.

My fav weapon is the time bombs you stick onto ppl, 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. BOOOOM!!!!

These graphics suck ass. Why doesn't EA revive the Road Rash series? Criterion should do it.

Chris Cornell from Soundgarden did some of the original soundtrack for the original Road Rage game.

Back