RMA'd BFG Card

Zclyh3 said:
I swear BFG is the shit. I had a fried 5900 Ultra. I called them up and they replaced it with a a 6800 GT 256MB OC free of charge. In the future, ALL of my Nvida cards will be from them. HATS off BFG.

...are you kidding me? I was impressed that logitech exchanged my broken z-680s for a new set of z-5500s...but they gave you a 6800gt for a 5900 ultra? Thats insane! Well, all the power to them, thats the kind of act that does guarentee a customer will stick with you forever.

I also own a BFG card, a 6800 Ultra OC to be exact. I only had to call their customer service once, but when I did they were extremly helpful, way more knowledgable than other companies'. I became a lifetime customer of BFG after buying this card, but this thread just solidifies my feelings toward them!

eggrock said:
Aiyeea! Mebbe I should crawl out from under newegg, it's $459 over there.
i just bought a hard drive from gameve for 145 dollars when it was 220 from the egg

rolleyes.gif

theyre really dropping the ball.

Again, cudoos to BFG. I think it is very wise to monitor forums like these and to respond to issues, good or bad about ones business. I know how most everyone feels about the dreaded Alienware (im not trying to change the subject,honest) BUT they do the same on resellerratings.com. I had some real issues with alienware's anti-customer service (read non-service) and posted my frustration on resellerratings, to my surprise I got almost an immediate email from Alienware and my problem was solved. I COULDNT get through on the phone or by conventional email however. BFG on the other hand, (and EVGA too) have always been very responsible to their customers and will continue to get my business. Alienware............. well thats another story altoghther. Have a BFG day :D

Frallan said:
Dont buy from LeadTek. Trying to get any support from them is like squeezing a stone for water...

It's been done twice before... granted that took direct intervention from God so...

So getting tech support from LeadTek will only happen with direct intervention from GOD

:p

am i the only one to think of this but, what if someone admits to overclocking their card and as a result the card breaks, which ive seen done alot on these forums, and one of BFG's reps see this on the forum. do they have the right to deny the rma? just curious

slamgoku said:
am i the only one to think of this but, what if someone admits to overclocking their card and as a result the card breaks, which ive seen done alot on these forums, and one of BFG's reps see this on the forum. do they have the right to deny the rma? just curious
i've seen this happen with cars. some guy posted his mods or track times or something on a forum and a dealer denied his warranty claim. i believe it was mitsu. motors.

This make me happy with my BFG 6800GT OC purchase and it make me comfort into buying more from them in the future :D

The other great thing about the RMA, was the fact the tech support rep didn't question my knowledge. Other companies have forced me to go through their check process but I told him I've checked it in multiple machines against a good card. He just said "Ok, lets get the RMA started for you." So nice to not have to waste an hour of my time and theres.

All of this "I'm gonna run out and buy a BFG" or "I'm glad I got my BFG" non-sense really needs to stop. Maybe it's the pessimist in me but you all sound like complete sheep. :rolleyes:

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
All of this "I'm gonna run out and buy a BFG" or "I'm glad I got my BFG" non-sense really needs to stop. Maybe it's the pessimist in me but you all sound like complete sheep. :rolleyes:

~Adam

When there is almost no difference between one vendors product and anothers, it boils down customer service. BFG has showed, not just with me, but plenty of times already they have it.

LittleMe said:
When there is almost no difference between one vendors product and anothers, it boils down customer service. BFG has showed, not just with me, but plenty of times already they have it.

AOL has customer support as well but you don't see people saying "PMG, AOL R OWN~!!".

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
AOL has customer support as well but you don't see people saying "PMG, AOL R OWN~!!".

I'm not sure or not if that analogy really applies here .. but it still made me almost choke on my sandwich from lol. :D

I almost bought a BFG 6800 but then I went witht he evga so I can have it for the LAN tomorrow. Plus it was $40 cheaper.

CleanSlate said:

~Adam
aol service means talking to a indian fool who reads a script and cant be understood.

BFG support is in america thats reason enough.

yea, aol has customer dis-support. who the hell wants to talk to some guy from overseas you don't even understand and reads his instructions from a screen.

dajet24 said:
aol service means talking to a indian fool who reads a script and cant be understood.

BFG support is in america thats reason enough.

AMEN. *spent craploads of time on phone with Dell India over past 2 weeks* :(

They get paid to do what they do, why praise them for it?

Also, if they hadn't made TWO mistakes in the first place they couldn't have been forced to get it done right the third time, not only that but it took their manager to do the job of the RMA peon correctly.. Pfft, yea that puts everything into perspective eh.

Please.

~Adam

lithium726 said:
this is exactly why i wouldnt get EVGA even though it was in stock and the BFG wasnt

:D

After having a eVga card die two months after the warranty ended, I could not agree with you more.

got my card, with a pre-paid UPS return slip. Installed the card (which they matched the bios revision to my other cards) and everything is working perfect. No benchmarks yet but seeing HL2 stay above 70fps with maxed out settings at 1680x1050 is very nice. Now only if the SLI+DVI+Widescreen issued would be fixed. I can see a huge difference in picture quality between VGA and DVI.

I have to agree with everyone that the lifetime warranty is a great reason to own a BFG. However, the fact that so many people have to USE it kina sucks.

OP said:
The card physically looks old and has dirty solder like in the picture.
While it's nice they took care of the situation quickly, the fact that this happened at all makes it a little less nice.

When I bought a 6800GT from BFG, they sent me a faulty card. This card wouldn't run anything over 1 fps at the lowest settings. I downclocked it to the normal stock 350/1000 and it ran fine. So basically, the card couldn't handle the measly 20 MHz core overclock, and BFG screwed up by letting it pass QA.

Instead of immediately calling and bitching at BFG, I was a GOOD customer: I diagnosed the problem myself. I tried the card in a couple computers to make sure I was right.

So I called for an RMA and told them all about it.

BFG said:
Underclocking voids your warranty.
Is that so, motherfuckers!

So of course I called for an RMA again from a different phone and told them I was a different person, and didn't mention the part about underclocking the card to fix it. Instead I had to make up some bullshit story to confirm there was a problem with the card.

Why did I have to do all that when THEY sent me a broken card?!

Waiting THREE WEEKS for them to send the goddamn thing back was not fun either.

I agree, it's nice that you can always get an RMA from BFG. But they sure tend to fuck things up a lot.

both void warranty. This is because although it is more likely a card will die due to overclocking, there is the remote possibility that underclocking will break it as well. I admit its small. But still a possibility nonetheless.

Darnn... I never got case badges with my 6800 gt oc... oh well...

no loss, great card though

CleanSlate said:
They get paid to do what they do, why praise them for it?
Because they do it better than everyone else for the same price or very little extra.

CleanSlate said:
Also, if they hadn't made TWO mistakes in the first place they couldn't have been forced to get it done right the third time, not only that but it took their manager to do the job of the RMA peon correctly.. Pfft, yea that puts everything into perspective eh.
While I can't, and don't wish to, disagree with you, the fact that they fixed their mistake immediately is more than some companies will do. Most companies will actually admit to sending you someone elses card and then tell you to install the replacement card and call them back if it doesn't work, even if you can clearly see a mistake on the board that you know will fry your system.

I kinda have to agree with Clean Slate...

It is nice that the Public Relations guy helped you out but it took a public relations guy to get your squared away.

I am also concerned with all the people that are stating how great the RMA department is. I see this as a high number of RMA's from such a small group. I am glad they have great customer service, that is always a great thing but I do not want to purchase an item and have to return because 2 in 10 are defective. I built servers, lots of servers for a company that sells a software/hardware solution. I test a lot of hardware and certify it for use with in our systems. If I see a large failure rate, anything about 3%, I cant have that no matter how good the customer service is... if the QA sucks I have to go else where.

vpTech said:
I kinda have to agree with Clean Slate...

It is nice that the Public Relations guy helped you out but it took a public relations guy to get your squared away.

I am also concerned with all the people that are stating how great the RMA department is. I see this as a high number of RMA's from such a small group. I am glad they have great customer service, that is always a great thing but I do not want to purchase an item and have to return because 2 in 10 are defective. I built servers, lots of servers for a company that sells a software/hardware solution. I test a lot of hardware and certify it for use with in our systems. If I see a large failure rate, anything about 3%, I cant have that no matter how good the customer service is... if the QA sucks I have to go else where.
You have to consider vp, that with those who overclock there is always a higher RMA percentage, meaning that many RMA's aren't due to defective cards....I know some personally who have done this, not naming names however.

I got a defective farcry with my 6800 OC. This is the first ive heard of such a thing, but after testing it on ten different pc's later, i can say for sure its defective.

OC'ers = RMA

Of course, you won't hear anything from the normal, everyday stock-is-fine use folks...most of the time, stuff works the way it was intended. :)

I have been recommending BFG's for some time now, and, of all the cards that have been bought, only 1 ever died. A 5900, I believe. Replaced, next day, with a brand new one. Now, IMNSHO, THAT is customer service!

Hat's off, BFG... you done good!

Drucifer said:
I have been recommending BFG's for some time now, and, of all the cards that have been bought, only 1 ever died. A 5900, I believe. Replaced, next day, with a brand new one.

That might be something worth mentioning.

~Adam

Over the last 4 years I have had (2) BFG cards:

BFG TI4600 for about 4 years
Leadtek 6800NU for 3 months
BFG 6800GT for about a month now

Out of those cards I had a problem with the fan on the TI4600 about a month before I sold it and BFG RMA'd the card without a problem.

The 6800 ultra oc I bought from outpost over a month ago is still in their hands. The first card I bought had graphical glitches and have problems with the DVI output. I sent it back, and got a replacement, which had the same exact problems. I got conflicting answers from their tech support, some of which stated that I probably recieved the same card back, and others that said I was shipped a new card.

I'll be calling them tonight to see what the hell is going on.

-Steve

John Malley said:
LittleMe -- We'd like to apologize for this mix up. Your NEW replacement card is scheduled to go out today. If you have any further issues, please feel free to PM me here.

Must...Buy...BFG...Must...have...ultimate....service

About a month ago I bought a BFG 6800OC and after installing it, it had horrendous stuttering issues with all DirectX games. BF2, UT2004, CS:S all those would stutter like crazy. After a week of working with BFG's e-mail support, I decided just to RMA the card in hopes that possibly the card was bad. The card I got back from RMA didn't last 5 minutes in my machine. One of the chips on the back of the board near the AGP card fried and produced a thick black ploom of smoke along with a weird orange glow. Well, I once again contacted BFG and they are advanced-RMAing me a new card. This was on Friday, so we'll see what comes of this. I'll keep you guys posted.
BTW...Rick at BFG support is a really nice guy. We ended out just shootin the breeze for a few minutes on the phone while he brought up the RMA number for me.

John Malley said:
LittleMe -- We'd like to apologize for this mix up. Your NEW replacement card is scheduled to go out today. If you have any further issues, please feel free to PM me here.

Customers++ :D
Now my systems defintly gettting a BFG card :D Now just come out with a 7800GT by August 13th when I order everything. :D

I just RMA'd my 6800GT from them. It seemed all fine and good, but for every hour or 2 of play in BF2... the system would crash. I thought it was a drivers or game issue, but running intense 3d benches proved to be the card. With them it would crash the system in minutes. Adding active cooling over the mosfets heatsink solved the problem since they were running too hot, but it's definitly not a flaw in my case airflow so I RMA'ed for one that runs at the temperatures it is intended to. No reason to accept any instability when $400 was spent

n64man120 said:
I just RMA'd my 6800GT from them. It seemed all fine and good, but for every hour or 2 of play in BF2... the system would crash. I thought it was a drivers or game issue, but running intense 3d benches proved to be the card. With them it would crash the system in minutes. Adding active cooling over the mosfets heatsink solved the problem since they were running too hot, but it's definitly not a flaw in my case airflow so I RMA'ed for one that runs at the temperatures it is intended to. No reason to accept any instability when $400 was spent

Wait, you watercooled your 6800GT as per your sig and when it messed up you RMA'ed it? You voided the warranty when you took off the stock cooling. You have RMA'ed the video card under faulty pretences. Please do not abuse their RMA service.

No, my sig is a bit ahead of myself. I just recieved my watercooling parts today, however before voiding the warranty I wanted to ensure it was a faulty card causing the instability and not the software. Do not fear, I am not raising consumer prices on my own error... on the contrary I was being sure to have a good card before voiding it ;)

People never really understand the facts.

Lots of people here buy BFG. Why? Because its a great card, per OC'd, and has the best service out of anything I've ever had period.

You must also realize that there's a ton more people who dont ever have to RMA a BFG card ever. Those people are not going to post, why should they? Its only the people who have an issue who post, and so you get the effect like there's more people with issues than there are with good cards. This is totally wrong, remember people only speak up when something goes wrong.

BFG, has shown a number of times they have amazing tech support and replacement policy. I personally have been on their tech support a number of times, but I have used or at least built computers with a amazingly large amount of BFG cards. Overall I can truly say for myself, and my customers that tech support does not get better anywhere else.

If you are going to get a Nvidia chip card, I recommend you only look one place, and that is to BFG, they provide the best customer experience out there.

Yes, I am a happy owner of a BFG card. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Skry/P7280078.jpg

n64man120 said:
No, my sig is a bit ahead of myself. I just recieved my watercooling parts today, however before voiding the warranty I wanted to ensure it was a faulty card causing the instability and not the software. Do not fear, I am not raising consumer prices on my own error... on the contrary I was being sure to have a good card before voiding it ;)

Ah....ok then. I was doing the same thing with my 6800OC. I wanted to make sure it was all running properly before I plopped my Acetal-topped Maze4GPU on it.

Back