• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RMA'd BFG Card

LittleMe

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
2,977
One of my ultra oc's died a week ago so I sent it back for RMA. Just got the replacement card in today and look at this.

IMG_0108s.JPG


The card is bios version 5.40.02.31.02 and my other is 5.40.02.36.14. The card physically looks old and has dirty solder like in the picture. Looks like rust basically. Should I call and complain or should I put it in and try it. What effect will the BIOS revisions have on my SLI?
 
LittleMe said:
One of my ultra oc's died a week ago so I sent it back for RMA. Just got the replacement card in today and look at this.

IMG_0108s.JPG


The card is bios version 5.40.02.31.02 and my other is 5.40.02.36.14. The card physically looks old and has dirty solder like in the picture. Looks like rust basically. Should I call and complain or should I put it in and try it. What effect will the BIOS revisions have on my SLI?

I would expect that it being in working order would be the biggest concern. If it had "SLI" on the box, then it should work with SLI, and if it did not, I would suggest you have reason for an RMA.
 
I'm not even sure I want to put it in the way it looks. These cards were 799 a piece and they send me a card that looks like it's had soda spilled on it!?
 
LittleMe said:
I'm not even sure I want to put it in the way it looks. These cards were 799 a piece and they send me a card that looks like it's had soda spilled on it!?

While I understand the concern, if the card works as promised, then where is the problem. Its not like its obviously dirty.
 
Anyone that pays $799/each for an Nvidia card deserves to be ripped off by the Manufacturer :eek:
 
meh, well this sucks. shutdown to install the card, and my asus board felt like it was time for the chipset fan to die. so now i can't even tell if it does work. looks like i might be switching back to the msi board.
 
I have two BFG 6800GT's with different BIOS revs and they work in SLI...
 
Well, I'm sure these 2 would have worked in SLI no problem. Swapped out my A8N-SLI for my K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI and the card is dead. The system will post with just this bad card but the screen is corrupt and thats if I get a screen at all.
 
Ohh, called them up. Well talking to the guy I notice it's a 6800Ultra not a 6800Ultra OC. Come to find out, looks like I was sent somebody elses bad card by mistake. Waiting for a call back from a manager tomorrow or monday who's going to next day me a new Ultra OC before I ship this one back.
 
This is their chance to step up to the plate with me. But, I'm wondering what the guy with this last card to make it so f*cked up. It kinda really does look like dried up soda all over the solder.
 
LittleMe -- We'd like to apologize for this mix up. Your NEW replacement card is scheduled to go out today. If you have any further issues, please feel free to PM me here.
 
John Malley said:
LittleMe -- We'd like to apologize for this mix up. Your NEW replacement card is scheduled to go out today. If you have any further issues, please feel free to PM me here.

Now THAT is World Class Service :cool:
 
LittleMe said:
Ohh, called them up. Well talking to the guy I notice it's a 6800Ultra not a 6800Ultra OC. Come to find out, looks like I was sent somebody elses bad card by mistake. Waiting for a call back from a manager tomorrow or monday who's going to next day me a new Ultra OC before I ship this one back.

I had the same issue with garbled video with my 6800 Ultra OC and my Neo4 SLI/Plat. I sent it back to the vendor rather than BFG and the vendor sent me a new one within a few days. Working fine and without hitches right now. Definetely happy with this card.
 
John Malley said:
LittleMe -- We'd like to apologize for this mix up. Your NEW replacement card is scheduled to go out today. If you have any further issues, please feel free to PM me here.
youre my new hero :p

i have never seen or even heard of customer service like that. very cool. im goin BFG from now on. :D :cool:
 
Yup, just got a call from him. I'm getting my new card tomorrow. I have truly fallin' in love with BFG. BFG, you guys are my hero's.
 
BFG is now officially my new brand for all Nvidia cards :p . That is amazing customer service.
 
It's ironic how little effort they have to put out to get 10 new customers.

After this, I will definitely be going BFG. :)

I'll probably even go with the OCs.
 
I had a Problem with My BFG 6800 GT OC A while Back, It died 4 months after I got it, No Overclocking, Card never Overheated, just died... Sent to BFG and they had my Replacement out to in the mail in no time!!! KUDOS TO BFG. IT was enough that I recommend BFG Cards in the systems I build for People in my Spare time.


Stormshade, Founder of Stormshade System Designs.
 
Not to hijack the thread, or anything, but I had a similarly good experience with an MSI RMA. I had my NX6600GT die on me after a couple of months in my SFF system, and sent just the bare card to MSI, as per their RMA system. Although it took 2 weeks total with ship time, diagnosis, and replacement shipping, I was pleasantly surprised to open the UPS package and see an _entire_ new NX6600GT retail package (card, software [including complete versions of SplinterCell, XIII, and PoP], and cables/dongles)! :) Color me happy!
 
I've used several BFG cards in system's I've built, and have one in my system - I've had to RMA one and had no issues. It helps when half the people at BFG are geeks and enthusiasts like us :) They'll get more of my $ down the road that's for sure.
 
this is exactly why i wouldnt get EVGA even though it was in stock and the BFG wasnt

:D
 
I just called this morning to get a card I have RMA'd I was really surprised at how easy it was. I will be sending off my old one Wed and cant wait to get the new one. I paid extra for the BFG card not because t was faster, but because I had heard great things about there customer service!
 
John Malley said:
LittleMe -- We'd like to apologize for this mix up. Your NEW replacement card is scheduled to go out today. If you have any further issues, please feel free to PM me here.

:eek: Holy shit...now THAT'S service...I'm definitely going to consider getting a BFG card in the next upgrade.
 
:D I have two BFGs a 6600GT in a SFF and a 6800 ultra big daddy. I have no problems. I just wish BFG would get more chummy with NewEgg and ship them all their product!! :D I'm not sure about chumbo or whatever??? what a f@cked up name anyway?? :eek: BFG has my business for sure.
 
With so many of these cards with the same specs, its the customer service that sets most of them apart.

Well BFG..Hats off to you. If im going to buy from a company,its yours.
 
It was rosin, that stuff that looked like dried up soda. I don't know if soldering machines use the stuff, but most solder I've used was rosin cored to keep the contacts clean. I'd actually be happy to see that stuff..
 
Actions speak louder than words. Having a rep lurk the forums is a step in the right direction as far as advances in customer service. I'm extremely happy I bought BFG cards this go round. Here is a golden example on why customers remain loyal to companies.
 
John Malley said:
LittleMe -- We'd like to apologize for this mix up. Your NEW replacement card is scheduled to go out today. If you have any further issues, please feel free to PM me here.
That rocks. Kudos to the BFG folks for taking care of the community.

My next card will say "BFG" on the box.....count on it....:cool: Also, I just got off the phone with a buddy wanting to upgrade and told him about this thread. He's on line ordering his new BFG right now.

Regards - B.B.S.
 
Wow.... Good thing I found this thread. I was considering going for the XFX cards because of their price and hadn't even taken a look at BFG's cards... I guess I'll take a closer look at them now. Customer service like that is rare nowadays.
 
why oh why did i get evga!....mabe cus it was used and it was already tested to unlock the pipes <_< >_>

props to BFG!
 
now that is a sweet resolution to a problem. Not only did you get a reply and a quick but a personal response from the guy on the forum. Makes me think about buying BFG for good reasons.

KM
 
Am I the only one that sees it as a little unprofessional to be corresponding with customers about an RMA publically on an online forum? More of a PR stunt then customer service, and apparently people fall for that kind of stuff.
 
Back
Top