• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ripping YouTube Songs

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
6,279
I used to have a really good program that allowed me to download Youtube Songs into MP3 format so I could listen to them on my iphone and in my car however the program stopped working. I tried a couple of newer ones but the quality was horrible! Does anyone know any good ones?
 
Well, I guess i phrased it wrong. I'm into car audio and a lot of the songs I like on YouTube you can't even buy the CD. I'm talking about 1 hour long dubstep/techno songs mixes that sound awesome. Any idea how to go about doing this? I know MP3 files arent the best, is there a program I can use to rip them to WAV, AAC, Apple Lossless, Flac, APE, Ogg or WMA files?
 
Last edited:
You can't go from a lossy compression format back to more fidelity once the damage is done. I mean, sure, you could re encode an MP3 as a WAV but it would still sound like the MP3.

What was that shit Neil Young was talking about the other night?
 
Yeah, Google nerfed the MP3 downloaders. Your best bet is to use one of the Chrome/Firefox plugins to download the MP4, then demux the AAC track out of it. I'd probably use MP4box or the support utilities from MKVToolnix for demuxing; I think MeGUI can as well, but it's been long enough since I dabbled in video encoding that I can't remember exactly what does what.
 
Been a while since I've done this, can't remember what I used on the desktop since the last few times I did it I used an Android app on my phone... Tubemate I think, it's not on the market (used to be) but the author keeps it updated on his site.

As others said tho, it's not really worth it at all regardless of what format you rip to, you take a big big hit in quality. I really wouldn't bother trying to rip electronic tracks like this for playback on a nice car stereo, since the low end is one of the things that suffers the most when they're compressed for YouTube.
 
kitlope and vtwin88cube... you want real music...... these guys have it... why would you want to rip music from youtube? You can rip audio/video with the 'easy youtube video downloader' firefox extension.
 
Check out soundcloud.com lots of the songs on there can be downloaded at decent quality. There are also lots of electronic music forums where people post their flac/lossless mixes.
 
Back
Top