Ripoff or not

elec999

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
219
I baught a External Western Digital 1TB hard drive on boxing day from Bestbuy. I was very curios to see the warranty status of this hard drive. I know Western Digital usually come with 3yr. When I checked the warranty on this guy I found it is under limited 1 year warranty, and they want $24.99 for extended warranty.
Thanks
 
Not sure what you want to hear but 1 year is the standard warranty on those WD externals sold in north america.
 
Hmm, I just bought a 500GB external drive from WD that has a 3 year warranty (according to the box it was sold in). Of course, I haven't checked with their online tool yet.

Did the packaging it came in indicate that it had a three year warranty?
 
Hmm, I just bought a 500GB external drive from WD that has a 3 year warranty (according to the box it was sold in). Of course, I haven't checked with their online tool yet.

Did the packaging it came in indicate that it had a three year warranty?


ck out the link I provided ...SOME externals HDD have 3 year warranty but most of them have 1 year
 
another reason to buy an internal hard drive and then get an external case
 
Back
Top